It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A theory to explain the Mandela Effect

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I do remember the Bernstein Bears and trying to figure out it it was pronounced Beren- Steen or Beren-stiiine, neither of which would have been a consideration had it been spelled Berenstain.

But as I said in the beginning my interest comes from a much more personal and undocumenrable position of feeling off kilter, that I felt before ever seeing anything about the Mandela Effect.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: gypsycat
a reply to: FlyingWhale

It was a harvest of the positive(service to others) souls, and negative(service to self) souls, with the lukewarm souls neither strongly going one way or another being the ones to continue on in an alternative third density dimension.

Still sounds shady.

Who is doing the harvest?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Does this person talk about buttstains? Hmm. Troubling.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Occam would say that the much more likely and realistic explanation is that that mind is not infallible and it is 100% more likely that you remembered 1 specific line from Star Wars wrong vs alternate time lines.

Maybe we need to consider stories like one I remember reading on ATS many years ago.

A Woman claimed she woke up one morning and she noticed the sheets had a pattern she had never seen before. From there her whole life she found changed. Her boyfriend next door had never met her, her ex husband was now her husband again, her office at work was not the same office and her boss was a different coworker and much more. She had to keep quiet or be locked up she decided and only shared anonymously her situation.

There are such stories to consider.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
-buttstain-
edit on 17-5-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Just so you know, people don't like this theory much...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Exactly this!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: opethPA
Occam would say that the much more likely and realistic explanation is that that mind is not infallible and it is 100% more likely that you remembered 1 specific line from Star Wars wrong vs alternate time lines.

Maybe we need to consider stories like one I remember reading on ATS many years ago.

A Woman claimed she woke up one morning and she noticed the sheets had a pattern she had never seen before. From there her whole life she found changed. Her boyfriend next door had never met her, her ex husband was now her husband again, her office at work was not the same office and her boss was a different coworker and much more. She had to keep quiet or be locked up she decided and only shared anonymously her situation.

There are such stories to consider.

Lerina García

Sorry had to look that one up, I remember reading a bunch about her.
edit on 17-5-2016 by sycomix because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

So here is a wild theory, I am sure to get bashed on but I m going to throw it out there anyway:

How about it just being Confabulation?

In psychiatry, Confabulation (verb: confabulate) is a memory disturbance, defined as the production of fabricated, distorted or misinterpreted memories about oneself or the world, without the conscious intention to deceive.[1] Individuals who confabulate present incorrect memories ranging from "subtle alterations to bizarre fabrications",[2] and are generally very confident about their recollections, despite contradictory evidence.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gypsycat

That's an interesting theory, for sure. If it were the case, what do you suppose we're supposed to do about it? I'm not being critical, it's an honest question.

I would suggest that firstly, we are to gather intelligence on the apparent changes - to build a fast & loose database of correlated experience. Secondly, we would be duty-bound to discuss our experience & try to form some conclusions. Thirdly, no matter what, we don't start some sort of cult, in which only the 'initiated' would partake of the exchange of information. It all has to be open-source, above board & sensible. Finally, I would suggest that our next steps, can only be to watch, to study & to hope (see signature, borrowed from another ATS member). I have a fairly certain feeling that there will be an unfolding of events which will make it clear to us all, experiencers & non-experiencers alike, what path we should be taking. It sounds a bit 'mystical', definitely, but I honestly do believe that the world is changing quite dramatically - we might be witnessing the opening salvo of a total paradigm shift. Perhaps we are entering a 'new age', literally - but if that's the case, all bets are off - anything could happen.

Personal integrity, honesty & commitment to the greater good, that's all we can afford to carry as the path unfolds. Watch, study, hope.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

Sorry J truly thought this was an original concept on my part. I guess I should have done the research anyway.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Cool suggestion, actually.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Definitely open source, those that do not want to see will not. I think that to me it is an indication that I want to work harder on being a good person, so that if there is indeed a harvest, I can make the cut in a positive mode next time.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

You mean 'Mendela effect', right.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
ignorant_ape,

Certainly you must realize by now that SW is specifically designed to harbor threads of such a speculative nature? The whole point of this forum is to discuss unsubstantiated conspiracies.

As to the Mandela effect, I clearly remember Berenstein there is NO DOUBT there.

My memory is quite different. I distinctly recall being on the book mobile when I was about 7 years old, looking at a Berenstain Bears book. It was the first time I had ever seen the words spelled out, and I remember being surprised at how it was spelled because every adult who had ever read the book pronounced it BEAR-IN-STINE or BEAR-IN-STEEN.

Keep in mind, our memories are not "read only." They are very much "read-write." Every time our brain accesses a memory, it risks changing it.

My theory is that, while we were growing up, we had a bunch of lame adults who pronounced the name wrong, and we kids assumed an incorrect spelling. At some point, through our mind's own mental processes, some of us developed a certainty that the incorrect spelling had once been correct.

It happens all the time. There has been published research to this effect.
edit on 17-5-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Ruiner1978

Sorry J truly thought this was an original concept on my part. I guess I should have done the research anyway.

No need for apologies my friend.
It's an interesting connection whether you buy into the ideas of the Harvest and the Mandela Effect or not. I don't necessarily buy into either but the connection is definitely something and I'm surprised that there isn't a lot more talk about it.

I'm beginning to think that this is part of something bigger, with other elements involved.
The final stages of a social engineering plan that has been going on for decades.

We get just about all our information from the Internet. Digital information is easily manipulated, therefore so are we...
When all our information, films, music, documents, and history are finally only accessible in digital form, how are we gonna know what's what?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The fact that they are "slight changes" is the reason I think that the confusion really is from the thought forming wrong in the mind. For instance, people hear, "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" when Mr. Rogers sings, "It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood". There are products that are a letter off from memory.

How many things would we get wrong if we picked what we thought is the right spelling of many common names of people, products, and song lyrics...even with multiple choice? Or how many would we get wrong if asked about live/dead celebrities? I would have guessed that Louie Anderson died but I think that I was subconsciously thinking about John Candy, who I love and know the difference between. While writing this, I honestly could not remember if it was "wonderful" or "beautiful" from the Mr. Rogers song. And I liked that show! I had to google to see which one was right.

I'm all for conspiracies but it's not hard to see that this really seems like either error in memory or never even knowing what was correct to begin with.

I'm yet to hear of any compelling differences. I don't even know if I've heard of any differing from the wrongs names and celebrity deaths. I'd like to if there are any.

Those are just my thoughts on it. What you suggest in your post is indeed interesting.

I just wanted to add that I love your avatar and screen name!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Greggers

That's the thing though, I remember reading it as BerenSTEIN, not Stain.

Maybe you are a native of the Stain-O-verse?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

a reply to: FlyingWhale

It was a harvest of the positive(service to others) souls, and negative(service to self) souls, with the lukewarm souls neither strongly going one way or another being the ones to continue on in an alternative third density dimension.

So it's a trial of sorts? If it was a harvest, where did the others go? Did they just continue on in their "home" dimension? I mean are we to be harvested when we decide we are selfish or selfless?
edit on 5/17/2016 by FlyingWhale because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Greggers

That's the thing though, I remember reading it as BerenSTEIN, not Stain.

Maybe you are a native of the Stain-O-verse?

Yes, you remember reading it as STEIN. But as studies have repeatedly shown, human memory is dynamic rather than static and is routinely over-written.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join