It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 6

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
YAY! Bedtime story!
I need dreams!

Just a bit longer, keep those eyes open!

(might help if I didn't constantly peek at ATS -lol-)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Totally understood!

LOL

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
I do, too. Willow is a good one.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So, not a continuation of my people's trek into the lair of Azinnothe, but I swear that will be coming soon!
Just some backstory on Darien, I like him! I might have to put him in my proper story! (Hooray for the Shed encouraging creativity and giving me a new character to play with
)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The young woman sat in silence, her arms wrapped around her knees and her face buried within, silent tears failing to fall from her dry eyes. She had been alone for what seemed an age and it had not taken much to have fallen into despair. Long had she been trapped in the depths of this dungeon, her hope diminishing and her faith flittering away with every passing second.

Branded a heretic by those she had been born to serve, a fallacy for she had been most outspoken in defence of her betters, she now waited the passing of each day in this dank and darkened chamber for the trial that would decide her fate. Goosebumps began to prickle her chilled flesh and she wrapped her arms tighter around her knees, a feeble attempt to garner warmth. She knew that her fate had already been decided, such trials were for appearances sake only, her life was nearing its end.

Footsteps continuously passed the door of her chamber, teasing her, taunting her with the glimmer of hope that this would be the day her door would open, that this would be the day that she could breathe in the slightest hint of fresh air once more before falling into the endless slumber and entering the Otherworld.

There was that misplaced hope again. She knew that death would not come so easily, indeed, she was well-acquainted with the rituals that the Magi insisted upon, having documented the practices and their results several times over during the months before these false accusations. It would be best to simply allow her inner self to become numb, to succumb to the inevitable… the pain of the eventual demise was extended the more a subject was to struggle.

The footsteps approached once more, the heels of the wearer’s footwear tapping loudly on the stone floor… this time they had stopped. She slowly raised her face from her knees and stared lifelessly at the vague outline of the door, silently watching as the door seemed to shake and listening as the lock creaked loudly, the grating sound of metal against metal echoing about the area, a sharp pain stabbing her inner ear as the harshness of the sound drilled deep within.

Light, warm and bright, flooded into dark boundaries of the room, momentarily blinding her though she did not cringe or move her face away. Her eyes were quick to adjust, an oddity that contrasted to the lengthy period she had spent in this gloomy pit, and a faint concern began to rise as the entrance remained empty, the figures shrouded in their customary black robes having not yet appeared. This was not as she had expected.

Dully, she continued to stare at the opening, feeling no will or inclination to move; she had accepted her fate and she would not worsen her demise by attempting to escape through the doors of this obvious deception that was mocking her, her pulse quickening against her will as an indistinct shadow passed across the way.

A soft whisper spoke directly into her ear, a gentle breath against her neck, the speaker imperceptible though their tones conveyed familiarity and managed to ignite what she had considered a long-lost courage, the warmth of a forgotten hope clawing its way back into her soul. The voice told her to get to her feet, informed her that the way was clear, that she had only the barest of minutes but freedom was indeed possible, that he had done all that he could for her and perhaps they would meet again in another life… he hoped that they would meet again in another life.

She felt herself climb to her feet, her legs weak and wobbling after being seated for so long, a tentative footstep forward proved that against all odds she could actually hold her weight. Her throat dry, her tongue barely able to move inside the confines of her mouth, she somehow found her voice and managed to whisper. “Thank you, Darien.” before stumbling to the open door, her heavy feet only capable for the renewed spirit that had been brought to life inside of her.

The shadow of Darien watched as the woman departed, he knew that the Magisters would not be pleased but he did not care. The castle’s head archivist, this beautiful woman, she had not been to blame for recent events. He had risked much to perform this liberation… but it did not matter. His dark eyes glinted as a roguish smile danced about his lips. The days of the Magi were over, their end was nigh.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
TY
Parsons was an interesting fellow

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Oh that is perfect!

That will give me wonderful dreams! You are fantastic!!!

So good, truly.

Thank you Kaelci for your presence.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WIS
Hello
I thought that this needed posting again, as beautiful as it is and may have been missed by those who also love Godsmack.

a reply to: Bob
What a sneaky feline you have there! Or was that an error you made in your half asleep state? Either way! Hilarious!

a reply to: Someone who is new here!
Hello! Welcome! I haven't seen you here before, but then, you are new here, so it all makes sense! hehe! Thank you for the brownies, they went down lovely with my wine. Just wonderful!

a reply to: Birdy and New_Here's gym speak
I... have never been to a gym. Ever. Something about self-consciousness and not wanting to exercise with others lest they become mesmerised by my flubbery flab and have an accident on their machinery LOL. I lost a bunch of weight just from walking though
walking, walking, walking, and living in my imagination while walking to keep it from being boring. Worked well
will need to do it again at some point, being Miss Tubby and all.

a reply to: Onehuman
Cute little video!
We don't have raccoons down in these lands, they seem like such interesting creatures!

a reply to: Birdy, just now!
Didn't see your post before I replied with this big compilation! I'm glad you liked it!!!
I really like this Darien fellow, I really need to incorporate him into my proper novel writings, somehow... I will accomplish this! And here I thought my High Magister, ruler over all the lands was my favourite.. not anymore!

Sweet dreams!!

edit on 18 5 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaelci

a reply to: Bob
What a sneaky feline you have there! Or was that an error you made in your half asleep state? Either way! Hilarious!

It was my own fault, not hers - for a change. I am not good first thing in the morning, but that was hilarious, even by my standards.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 1984hasarrived
That is pretty funny. Did you think you had a load there at first?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Actually I did think that, it was most disconcerting at 6AM.

NOT a good start to the day.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Not a good start at all. At least it wasn't something sharp and pointy. There's that.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

In the end, however, all was good.

*cue groans*

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It took me a second to get that. Very punny indeed.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I agree wholeheartedly with this post BLT

I have started to foray out into the wilds of the ATS threads, far from the sanctuary of The Shed, to post and am amazed at some of the posts that are allowed to pass. I have reported quite a few, as I have seen them on my travels, but it makes me appreciate the warmth of The Shed even more.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Good morning Shedites!!! I will get caught up and will venture back...

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1984hasarrived

Looked around, under the bed, no sock. Then I felt something odd in my underwear - the sock was inside it, at the *ahem* back.

Bob, the rolled up sock is supposed to go in the FRONT of your underwear, cuz you're a dude!
Mine go in my bra, cuz I'm a dudette.

Good morning Family!
Have you ever woken up crying? I did today. I don't remember any dreams but I just feel really weird this morning.
I'm going to play some music videos and try to shake off this funk.

Hope everyone is well, I will be hanging out here for a while.
Love, jacy xoxo

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Good morning Jacy! I say as I'm about to head off to bed

I've woken up crying before, though I don't remember why or if it was a dream or if it was just me waking up in one of "those" moods. *HUGS*

This song never fails to put a smile on my face, I only found it a few months ago, I have NO IDEA what the words are, it's in Russian. But the guys clothing, his insane smile, and the catchy chorus always brighten my day. The quality is shocking, but I hope you enjoy!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Big smiles and boppy music your way !

Oh! and donuts custard filled or jam ... or both !

Hope that helps you shake it off !

Now give us a grin ... 😆

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Good Morning. Yes that is such an odd experience, to wake up crying.
And deffinatly not the best way to start the day.
Please feel better dear.

In my case I would be conscious of the reason.

I am off soon and just checking in to say hello.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hi kaelci, Timely and WIS!

Thank you so much, I'm trying to shake it off! (watching kaelci's video after I post this!)

I've been having some weird experiences lately (woo-woo stuff) and just posted about it in a thread from my friend KellyPrettyBear. I will copy/paste it here, in case anyone wants to read it.
I don't know if it's related to my 'waking up crying' or not. Geez, I really hope not.

Anyways, thanks for the love! You guys always make me feel better!
(grin for Timely)
Here's my 'weirdness' story from last night:
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Good morning! I've been having some weird experiences lately, and last night was truly bizarre.

I feel like something is trying to get my attention, or perhaps even a "welcome/invitation".

I'm used to certain things, like my computer behaving strangely when I read certain information...and of course the white feathers that show up after I've been thinking about or talking to people who have passed away.

In the past, when I've seen the 'shadowy figure' from the corner of my eye, or the cat freaks out at something she can see but I can't...and I've always said "No you're not welcome here!". (which seems to work)

Last night (early evening), I was alone at home and online. I started to see shadowy things moving in my peripheral and I closed my eyes and said "Go away!". While my eyes were closed it felt like someone pulled my hair.
The cursor on my laptop started moving around on it's own, and the screen went black.
I rebooted the computer, and while I was waiting for it to reload, I closed my eyes and leaned my head back.
Suddenly I felt like somebody slapped me on the back of my shoulder.

I started with the usual, "No you're not welcome here!" and my television turned itself off. Thinking that perhaps I should be careful, I started repeating, "I mean no disrespect but you are not welcome here."
The tv came back on and my computer went back to normal. The weirdness stopped.

I'm not freaked out, but somewhat concerned that 'whoever/whatever' is becoming bolder with me.
Any advice? Please?
jacy

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join