It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats & Republicans Now Prefer "Single Payer" Govt-Run Healthcare over ObamaCare!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Prior to Obamacare, I had actual coverage, and reasonable, affordable rates.
Now I have triple the premium costs.....my deductible is 6 times larger...so basically no insurance.
If something SIMILAR to medicare were developed, it could be far better.....it would not cover everything....maybe 65-80%....but you could buy very reasonable policies to take up the difference if you so chose.

And, regarding your UPS - USPS comparison.
Amazon recently switched from UPS to USPS delivery for most Prime packages in my area.
It's cheaper and faster than UPS, and USPS is offering SEVEN days a week delivery.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Prior to Obamacare, my insurance premiums were a third of what they are now.

And when full blown government health.care starts, your paychecks will be in the same league.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

How can I ever write an angry post with such a beautiful dog!

Why go full retard (socialized medicine) when it worked well before the government started ####ing with it?

Yeah, I know there were problems before Obama screwed everything up, but those could have been resolved with LESS government involvement and less government restrictions with interstate insurance.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Thanks.....she was a sweet girl!

Well, I am afraid we cannot go back.
I think the spider web of changes done cannot be un-done.
The bureaucracy is so mammoth...and it has an insatiable appetite.

I should Google and see if I can find real info on what could happen if it were to go away.....

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

market-ticker.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Market Ticker

Denninger, has many posts about this subject.

In the main applying full existing consumer protection, monopolistic and securities laws to entire medical industry would result in 80% cost reduction and balanced budget.
edit on Tue May 17 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link ..... market-ticker.org...

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Cost reduction of rapacious medical industry seems to be a third rail no one wants to consider or discuss......

The interesting aspect of it is most if not all law to do so is already on the books and any President can apply them.

There are a few exemptions for Congress to remove but those are not hugely difficult to remove.

Imagine your healthcare being an affordable out of pocket expense and extraordinary care provided by inexpensive policy.

The SS disability fund would become solvent thereby saving SS retirement fund from raiding.

Medicaid/Medicare would not bankrupt budget allowing idiginant care to be a normal government/societal cost.

Yes application of existing law will do this.

Greed is all that stands in our way, that greed will continue with any system not involving application of consumer/monopoly, price fixing/disclosure laws being applied vigorously.

edit on 17-5-2016 by Phoenix because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2016 by Phoenix because: Add comment

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

That is why I advocate allowing those who want to, to buy into Medicare. And those who want to stay with a private plan, the ability to do so.

I have lot of clients in their 20's who saw their health insurance premiums skyrocket from $130 a month to +$300 a month, while their annual deductible ballooned from $1,500 to $6,850. This is what happens when the government forces everyone into the same mold..and labels any plan outside that mold "illegal" and subject to a tax penalty.

The younger/healthy people would love to be able to go back to their pre-ObamaScrew plan. Those who have medical conditions that are excluded from underwritten private coverage would love to be able to buy into Medicare, as long as it's Federally Subsidized. Without the subsidy, a monthly Medicare premium for a 50 year old would be approx. $850.

-cwm

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Sounds as good as anything else, I suppose.

I find it funny that the government has no problem calling ME illegal if I don't pay, but if I crossed over the border, illegally, then I'm golden.

I hate politicians.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

Why is socialized medicine so bad...?
Insurance premiums are #ing terrible...
It would end up saving the country close to $600 billion annually.

I understand your hate for the state,but insurance companies care less about you than state hospitals.

So you believe govt run *ANYTHING* is going to save money? I always thought those people were a myth.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
October 3, 2016

Well.. Today's statement by former President, and potential First Gentleman, BILL CLINTON, is interesting.

"Former president Bill Clinton appeared to take a shot at President Obama's signature health care legislation during a campaign stop in Michigan on Monday, calling it a "crazy system" that "doesn't make any sense."" 

Source Article: www.foxnews.com...

Hillary and Bill have been trashing Obama's U.S. economy all during the campaign season. Now Bill Clinton is doing the same with President Obama's biggest (only?) achievement during his 8 years in office. Bill and Hillary will dismantle ObamaCare and re-build it as CLINTONCARE. Guaranteed!

The Clintons and Obamas have never liked each other. But it wouldn't matter if they did. Bill and Hillary would insult God's creation, if it would help them return to the Whitehouse.
edit on 10/3/2016 by carewemust because: added source link

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join