It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats & Republicans Now Prefer "Single Payer" Govt-Run Healthcare over ObamaCare!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
May 16, 2016

Well what do you know.. It appears that Bernie Sanders is single-handedly increasing America's awareness and understanding of what "Single Payer" government run healthcare is. What's truly startling, is that for the first time ever, even REPUBLICANS now prefer Single-Payer over ObamaCare!

Here is the Article & Gallup poll results: www.washingtonpost.com... licans/

I wonder which would be less costly to the individual taxpayer and/or purchaser... A national "Single Payer" healthcare system, or allowing people to "buy into" Medicare, if they don't want Individual or Group private health insurance??? Bernie Sanders = Single-Payer and Hillary Clinton = Medicare Buy-In.

-CareWeMust
edit on 5/16/2016 by carewemust because: title adjustment

+2 more 
posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Mission accomplished. This is what was supposed to (eventually) happen when Obamacare was created IMO. People were supposed to be unhappy enough to *choose* single payer. Obamacare was not the end goal. Single payer was.
edit on 5/16/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Socialized medicine is here, thanks a lot, Obama. And all democrats and republicans.

Assholes.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Obamacare turned out to be a big mess. We should get a socialized medical system for regular care for everyone. If people want to purchase extra insurance to go to out of system health care which could have extended services, they could. Our government would not have to monitor those services for fraud, if people want to waste their money they can. But the medicines and procedures used by these companies would still need to be approved by our government. If people want wasted tests, they should be able to get them. Seems like half the tests they give these days are in the wrong direction from the disease anyway. That is because too many people have their income derived from healthcare, we are becoming a sick nation.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Mission accomplished. This is what was supposed to (eventually) happen when Obamacare was created IMO. People were supposed to be unhappy enough to *choose* single payer. Obamacare was not the end goal. Single payer was.

Yes sir.

That, or they gave some 6yr old ipads, and said build us a website.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Whoa now. Just a few years ago that was only a theory perpetrated by far right conspiracy fanatics.

Isn't it odd how often political conspiracies turn out to be political facts?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I've been an Insurance Agent for 20+ years. In 2014, I had to tell my clients that ObamaCare was increasing their health insurance premiums by 40%. In 2015...21%. In 2016...32%. For 2017, another 28%-32% increase is expected. This cannot continue!

Personally, I like the Medicare Buy-In model, advocated by Hillary Clinton. Those who don't want to buy in to Medicare can go through underwriting and get a less expensive plan, just like they did before March of 2010, when ObamaCare/ACA was signed into law.

The Single-Payer model will increase everyone's taxes by too much..even those who don't need to be covered.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
At the state level this might work.

I am wholly against a federal single payer scheme.

Why? Because the needs of California are the same as the needs of Kansas.

Let's use real federalism to address this issue. Single payer would be cheaper than Obamacare. By far.

That said, so long as there are illegals taking the freebies, government intervention in the doctor/patient relationship, and bureaucrats deciding what treatments and tests ailing patients will receive independent of medical opinion, then such a system is doomed to fail even at the state level.

But I'm all for letting states try it. Let's allow these ideas to pan out one or two states at a time. That way if the ideas fail, we will know not to mess around with it. But if they succeed, then maybe we need to rethink how we view public health care.

I remain skeptical.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

The Single-Payer model will increase everyone's taxes by too much..even those who don't need to be covered.

What kind of insurance agent says that?

Everyone should have health insurance unless they're capable of paying out of pocket. How many "I'm young I don't need insurance" people end up in ERs every year?

The biggest problem I have with the PPACA aka ACA aka ObamaCare is that it's massively subsidizing private health care insurance providers.

I would have liked to see a public option.

Support for a public option was high back in 2009. I know for a short period it was up over 70% and IIRC, nearer to 80%. Unfortunately, the insurance lobby is strong. Obama killed the public option in the womb to get the bill passed. I do think there is definitely some truth to the idea that ObamaCare was intended to fail. I'm sure a lot of members of Congress who voted for it saw it as a means to an end.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
As long as Obama's monly pension payment are diverted to all the Insurance companies checking accounts.

We wouldn't want Obama to break his promises now.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Not so sure on that.

The 3 largest healthcare insurance companies had stagnate earnings until Obamacare kicked in, then earnings and forcasted earnings climbed an almost 45 degree to the positive.

IMO the Healthcare lobbyiest are making too much money and it's the reason they (dnc,gop,lobbyiest ) don't want bernie and why they want hillary and why she is the chosen one

edit on 39531America/ChicagoMon, 16 May 2016 23:39:50 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

That said, so long as there are illegals taking the freebies, government intervention in the doctor/patient relationship, and bureaucrats deciding what treatments and tests ailing patients will receive independent of medical opinion, then such a system is doomed to fail even at the state level.

How about health insurance companies intervening in the doctor/patient relationship? It's ridiculous the hoops that people are forced to jump through.

Illegal immigrants are a burden on the healthcare system for the same reason as the average uninsured citizen. It's a double whammy — they go to the ER for medical treatment which is by far the most expensive place for it and they often wait until they're in dire straits before they show up at the ER with conditions that in many cases would have been far easier and cheaper to treat early on.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

What kind of insurance agent says that?

I said that some people will not need to register and utilize a USA Single-Payer system, because they're already on Medicare(Seniors), or Veterans Administration Health, and other existing systems. These citizens should NOT have to pay the increased taxes on Gas, Food, etc.. to support a Single-Payer system.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Amazing! Especially since goal from the very beginning was to destroy what we had and impliment single payer. Obama care was DESIGNED to fail.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Trump is calling for it too, and has been all along. It's not just Sanders.
In case you all weren't aware of that. It's a great thing, and having both of them promote the idea has helped. Kudos to both of them. People are finally wising up.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Why is socialized medicine so bad...?
Insurance premiums are #ing terrible...
It would end up saving the country close to $600 billion annually.

I understand your hate for the state,but insurance companies care less about you than state hospitals.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Nothing will be successful in fixing healthcare in the US either government run or market based until the cartels, and monopolies that fix prices are addressed. Healthcare is around 20% of GDP. Fixing it would cause an instant recession. Whoever attempts to fix it has to have the courage to both cause a recession and criminal and civil prosecute an industry that spends billions on lobbying each year. A public option without addressing costs simply enfranchises the outrageous pricing by the industry into what we would pay in taxes for a public option.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Prior to Obamacare, my insurance premiums were a third of what they are now.

So I'm paying more for the same service. But because Obamacare was so deliberately bad, I now have to pay even more for a government program that will give me even lower levels of care?

Government healthcare is the VA.

It is the post office compared to UPS.

It will be slower, have higher costs, I'll be taxed more.

And I'll get less.

And people want to have a ####ing parade?

I'll pass.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
In a FOR PROFIT healthcare system, why is anyone surprised???

What did you think would happen with ANY kind of tinkering to our healthcare system.

Remember guys - IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with setting up something similar to Medicare for those under 65!

Make the premiums, say $200 or so a month....make it cover 80% like Medicare, even 70%....and allow supplemental coverages to cover the rest....like those on Medicare are allowed to do.
Medicare is already setting prices for services.

BUT....do not corrupt Medicare....it could well overwhelm the system...and create many unanticipated problems that could destroy Medicare....

edit on Tue May 17 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join