It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nightmarish Lines Continue At Airport Security Checkpoints

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It looks like airports can apply to the Fed / TSA to use private security but they have to prove that it costs less and is properly trained. Only 16 airports out of 450 in the USA have qualified to use private security, which btw is still over seen by the TSA. It also looks like getting these applications approved is difficult and can take years.

www.nytimes.com...

I think the TSA is actually another "Security Force" being put in place to control the masses. The scope of the TSA's authority seems to expand beyond airport security more and more everyday. It really adds insult to injury to have this thrust upon us because of 9/11. I actually feel more threatened by TSA thugs then by "possible" terrorists on my airplane, I'll take my chances going through the metal detector and having luggage scanned, that's adequate security.....The TSA is a waste of money that has not even proven it stops terrorist attacks, which I don't think is even possible anyway if someone is hell bent on causing terror.
edit on 18-5-2016 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Oh, and one last thing to add...even Aimtrak is able to coordinate their trains and buses so no one misses the bus if the train is late. There should be a way that once you pick up your tickets and are in the airport, that the planes don't leave until all those passengers have passed security and are on board the plane !!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yet, strangely, those TSA budget cuts don't stretch to all the scanners and machines that go 'ping.'
Hundreds of thousands of dollars were spent on those machines (follow the money...).
Of course, a dog can sniff out explosives, drugs, cancer....but they aren't what we like to call, "expensive."
With all the queues, and machines that go 'ping' the TSA have a record of catching no-bad-guys-yet.
I say, "yet" as I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure their luck will change. Or perhaps they will realise that there aren't as many bad guys as they think?

Jeff Dunham, the ventriloquist/comedian tells a story about having his props swabbed at the airport, the machine that goes 'ping' alerting, and him being delayed because the TSA thought it could be explosives residue. It turned out to be hand lotion residue.
Funny-ish story, but hides the true nature of what they are doing - which is pretending.
Travelling last year, my wife had her purse swabbed. Obviously this security measure isn't exactly good science. Ladies (and some men) use hand lotion all the time. Are they all suspects until they are cleared by TSA?

A few years ago I arrived at a hotel (travelling on business) to find the little TSA pamphlet in my bag. "We have searched this bag for security reasons" or something similar. Trip home, same thing. Next trip, same thing. Trip home, same thing.
Next time I flew I put all four of them on top of my clothes with a little note. "Really?"

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
I agree with you totally.

When we agreed to eat this BS, they knew that they could feed us whatever they wanted, no need to bother with disguising the color, smell, or flavor.

Why isn't anyone asking why it takes all of these shenanigans, when they already know where you live, what you buy, when you buy it, what you eat, when you sleep, who you sleep with, what you dream, what you drive, and how you pee?

They can save a lot of money by cutting out a lot of unnecessary steps. Just go straight to our I-phones and Facebook; run our accounts through their i-algorithms at the time of the ticket purchase. That will tell them everything that they look for after an attack occurs.

They will get credit for being proactive and save a few billion in the process.

I gave up flying years ago. It takes a bit longer to drive, but not by much. I admit this has prohibited me from taking some vacations outside of the US, and I had to break my rule once, when my mother got sick, but I was able to keep that down to a one way trip. I was pissed. I know it was noticeable, and I didn't do myself any favors, but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do, even if it makes you gag and puke.

Addendum
I didn't see this before my post. It looks like this may be what they have been planning all along. They just have to lay the groundwork to reduce the backlash. See how craftily they are at making us dance.

Want a security clearance? Feds will now check your Facebook and Twitter first
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-5-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: addendum

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I agree with you totally.

When we agreed to eat this BS, they knew that they could feed us whatever they wanted, no need to bother with disguising the color, smell, or flavor.

That's exactly it! Some people, too (I am related to at least one) actually think all that "security" is a good thing! They don't seem to care about personal space, privacy, or respect at all. It's scary how effective the brainwashing can be.

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Why isn't anyone asking why it takes all of these shenanigans, when they already know where you live, what you buy, when you buy it, what you eat, when you sleep, who you sleep with, what you dream, what you drive, and how you pee?

They can save a lot of money by cutting out a lot of unnecessary steps. Just go straight to our I-phones and Facebook; run our accounts through their i-algorithms at the time of the ticket purchase. That will tell them everything that they look for after an attack occurs.

They will get credit for being proactive and save a few billion in the process.

I gave up flying years ago. It takes a bit longer to drive, but not by much. I admit this has prohibited me from taking some vacations outside of the US, and I had to break my rule once, when my mother got sick, but I was able to keep that down to a one way trip. I was pissed. I know it was noticeable, and I didn't do myself any favors, but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do, even if it makes you gag and puke.

Addendum
I didn't see this before my post. It looks like this may be what they have been planning all along. They just have to lay the groundwork to reduce the backlash. See how craftily they are at making us dance.

Want a security clearance? Feds will now check your Facebook and Twitter first
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, now, that's interesting! Of course, they can look at all of that, and they do, so the KNOW who is likely to be a problem ahead of time. Then again, we know that they have let through people they knew were threats, too, so it's clear that security isn't the real goal. That they check the social media sites for security clearances fits right in.

I have read, someplace, that, from the trivial data people tend to post on such sites, they can work up a very accurate profile of the person posting, with far more known than one might expect. I wonder how many that post every silly detail of their lives realize they can be so well known from such things.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The real question is how many care. Simply through monitoring your debit/credit card purchases and tracking what brands you buy (not even the items, just the brands), a very accurate profile can be built of someone.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

The real question is how many care. Simply through monitoring your debit/credit card purchases and tracking what brands you buy (not even the items, just the brands), a very accurate profile can be built of someone.

This is true as well. Most, sadly, don't seem to care. I have asked people if they would want someone staring int heir windows, watching everything they do, after the person stated that they didn't care if the government monitored their activities. I was actually told they would not care, because they didn't have anything to hide!

Unreal.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Most, sadly, don't seem to care. I have asked people if they would want someone staring int heir windows, watching everything they do, after the person stated that they didn't care if the government monitored their activities. I was actually told they would not care, because they didn't have anything to hide!

It goes beyond conditioning. We have been lab rats since before we were even born. We are following the algorithm put in place, long before we ever heard the word algorithm.

Saddest part is that being aware provides you absolutely no protection. It would be easier to learn how not to breathe, than to learn how to break these chains.

Instinctively most people know this. We have been taught this is a battle we can't win, so most people prefer to lie down and play dead. Why fight a war you are destined to lose?

I guess I am just mentally impaired or maybe just divergent.

I keep encouraging this video because it helped me see beyond the curtain in our Wonderland of Oz.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Well, I guess I am divergent myself, then, because I simply can't just "lay down and take it", when it comes to things like this. Too stubborn, too many rebellious genes, something. You're right, though; some do know, and simply prefer to ignore it. I suspect that's the case for a relative of mine.

Knowing can't hurt, though. I'd rather know, myself.

Bookmarked the video to view later on; watching old [i]Beauty and the Beast with the girls for now! Have the feeling I'll want to pay attention to that one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join