It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nightmarish Lines Continue At Airport Security Checkpoints

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
They're using this to introduce the Dogs of War to We The People.

Get ready to get used to it. No way they're just gonna go back to the way things were before 9-11. I wonder if that's what 9-11 was all about.

-Ducks and runs for cover-

No cover needed, and bumped.
9/11 was all about control of us because it was said THEY
(Al-CIA-da or whoever) were out of control, and they invented them.

The only thing that's out of control is the government, and
has been since they lost Jack's brain. Ever since 9/11, they've
been luxuriating in controlling ours. And the best part, for at
least them, is we're too far gone to give notice.

"The more we do to you, the less you seem to notice we're
doing it to you." Dr. Joseph Mengele.
Snappy dresser-- bought War Bonds...ours. I won't go figure...

edit on 17-5-2016 by derfreebie because: Make it a real knife to pull out of our gizzard.

edit on 17-5-2016 by derfreebie because: diction and typos.. well somebody had to undo it.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The TSA has blamed the long waits at security on a shortage of screeners, due to federal budget cuts.

Of course they would.

Couldn't be because they are union jobs. Which mean $$$

Good thing they 'get paid by the hour' while making travelers wait hours.

I usually don't ever compost in the middle of a thread; but a
post that poetic and nastily pertinent in the last sentence
deserves a hit and a kudo. If the both of us can keep that
meme tight and on track with everythig that's wrong with us--
two wrongs may someday make things even better. Thanks.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
a reply to: xuenchen

The TSA did security for something like 252 political rallies, maybe these idiots should be doing their real job and go back to strip searching old ladies in wheel chairs.

I know you said that light-heartedly, but it really happens.. frequently. My 82 year old mother-in-law was rolled into a room, stood up by 3 TSA people, and strip-searched after arriving in Phoenix. Turns out she had a wad of money pinned to her panties, and had forgot she did it. (Early dementia)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
"War on Terror" is really should be named 'war on people' (so is war on drugs etc).

The real eye opener came when i flew to Asia via Qatar and UAE airports. You would think middle east should have more security, instead people covered from head-to-toe pass thru unmolested - no naked pictures taken either (very minimal metal bars, like good old days in the USA). Then again, if a stranger touches private parts of their woman or children, the hands will be cut off under sharia law.

People in US are strongly opinionated regarding unborn children, but once they are born, none one cares if they are getting molested by authority under false pretense of security.

The land of free is not free after all. '"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" is just words.This is indeed a social conditioning and money making scheme.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
TSA blames you for longer lines at airport security checkpoints

There are several factors that have caused checkpoint lines to take longer to screen passengers… including more people traveling with carry-on bags, in many cases bringing more than the airline industry standard of one carry-on bag and one personal item per traveler;

Passenger preparedness can have a significant impact on wait times at security checkpoints nationwide…Individuals who come to the TSA checkpoint unprepared for a trip can have a negative impact on the time it takes to complete the screening process.”

Oh, so your supposed to travel with barely anything. Isn't that great. Sounds like people are saying, no more to that or it's just a cop out to place the blame outside of their money grab operation.

In response, some airport authorities are now threatening to dump the TSA and hire their own private security firms.
Source

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
My God the lines at some major airports have really been out of sight lately (literally).

Seems the TSA can't move people through the checkpoints fast enough, resulting in massive delays and many people actually missing flights.

This is insane.

Of course the DHS is blaming budget cuts and lack of enough manpower.

The conspiracy says this is just a standard operation of jealousy & revenge by the Obama Administration.

Unless there's some specific language in a law that specifically says the TSA is to get less funding, I say the DHS is diverting money to other agendas and using the manufactured TSA crisis as a jealous vengeance against the general population.

We see these government tactics in other countries that are failing politically and economically as well.

It's always the regular citizens that get the klobbering. Countries like the U.S., Brazil, Argentina, and Venezuela have much in common with political jealousy and revenge against innocent people.

Nightmarish Lines Continue At Airport Security Checkpoints

Travelers flying out of Chicago just can’t catch a break. With increasingly long lines to get through security at the city’s airports, many travelers have been missing their flights, and some ended up sleeping at O’Hare International Airport on Sunday.

American Airlines put out cots for fewer than 100 travelers who missed their flights Sunday night due to the long lines at TSA security checkpoints.

The TSA has blamed the long waits at security on a shortage of screeners, due to federal budget cuts.

Failed Big Government Bureaucracy

One upon a time a lot was said about economic efficiency. Funny now that we long ques everywhere over security it never seems to get a mention these days. odd that.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

My girlfriend and I are currently planning for an August vacation... I'm beginning to wonder if we should stay away from Airlines and stick to a road trip or taking a bus instead...

Think this will get better in the next 2 months or am I better off staying away from planes?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Just my 2 cents, but I'd expect this to worsen through to the end of the year.

I also don't think its any accident, either. Looks engineered to me to discourage travel. What I don't understand is why they want to discourage travel, but I'd guess the next thing we'll see, in 2017 after this crap sandwich of an election is that ticket prices will go through the roof as airlines are forced to price for their carbon footprint.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

My girlfriend and I are currently planning for an August vacation... I'm beginning to wonder if we should stay away from Airlines and stick to a road trip or taking a bus instead...

Think this will get better in the next 2 months or am I better off staying away from planes?

Greyhound stations are terrible, I do not recommend them at all. A couple years back it took me 36 hours on Greyhound to travel an 8 hour drive and the stations themselves aren't very secure, there's limited opportunities to eat, almost no where to sleep, and no where to store your bags so if you do sleep anyone can take your stuff.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

guess I'm driving... lol

Maybe I should just make one of those bicycle/drone things I saw on youtube and travel in style. Of course, then the FAA will hunt me down for not registering my "vehicle"

Sometimes ya just can't win

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Depending on how far it is, I've heard great things about Amtrak.

Planes are the fastest way to get somewhere over about 500 miles, but they're uncomfortable.

Trains are a great way to travel in the 200-500 mile range. I haven't ridden one in a long time (no service in my area) but I've heard they're generally comfortable with large seats, free wifi, meals, and so on. You can also comfortably sleep so if it's available it can be a good way to travel in that range of what would otherwise be 8-14 hours in a car.

Busses (I've only ridden Greyhound for comparison) have great seats, free wifi but limited to no bathrooms or meal options. The stations themselves are dirty, uncomfortable, and unsafe. And the connections are limited so there's usually very long layovers. In the case of the bus trip I took a couple years ago busses left from the central hub to their destinations only once each day so it wasn't unusual to have 10 hour layovers. At the Detroit station I had a 6 hour layover in for example, there was 1 charging station for the entire station (no other outlets available) and there wasn't even a ledge to set your electronics, you had to plug them in and stand at the charging station until it was done. Unless you're traveling on a tight budget or are looking for the worst of the worst in experiences I don't recommend them at all.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
An even more twisted thing may be at hand here;
Intentional lines with an intent of a pre check system that the flyer has to pay for.

Problem. Reaction. Solution.

With long lines at security checkpoints around the country, Homeland Security is trying to encourage fliers to sign up for TSA PreCheck.

Channel 2 Action News learned that an average of more than 9,000 people a day were paying $85 to sign up for the expedited screening last week, which is more than double the number this time last year.

“I think the secret is getting out,” U.S. Travel Association spokesperson Johnathan Grella said.

More than 26 million fliers are now participating in PreCheck.

PreCheck is valid for five years and you can sign up online.

Source
edit on 17-5-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

What I meant to add: On the up side you'll be accosted a bit less. However, basically as it's tied into the Customs(CBP) security check, might as well say you need to fork over money to have this "passport" to fly. Follow the money.
edit on 17-5-2016 by dreamingawake because: added more.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
An even more twisted thing may be at hand here;
Intentional lines with an intent of a pre check system that the flyer has to pay for.

It's government that's trying to be run like a business. Inefficiencies and fees are introduced to make multiple price points on what's supposed to be taxpayer funded.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They make precheck pretty painful to get. If I didn't have it by default due to having already been checked up down and sideways I'd be shot if I'd pay $85 and go do an interview.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I took a local hop last weekend. Randomly came up with a precheck on my boarding pass.
It was awesome. I didn't have to take my shoes off.

On the other hand, I was at the gate 45 minutes before boarding. I hate that.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I took a local hop last weekend. Randomly came up with a precheck on my boarding pass.

I've seen that happen. I'm not sure whether it's a clever ploy to make people happy or a bad random #-up in TSA's software that they haven't cottoned to yet.

Given 'clever' or '#up' where TSA is concerned, I've already know what I guess.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Marketing.

"See, you didn't have to take your shoes off. Isn't that awesome? Now fill out the form and pay the 85 bucks and you'll never have to take your shoes off again."

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

THAT scenario requires "clever".

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
They make precheck pretty painful to get. If I didn't have it by default due to having already been checked up down and sideways I'd be shot if I'd pay $85 and go do an interview.

I expensed the cost. It did require two dedicated trips and almost a full day to fill out the paperwork, do the interview and come back for the approval though.

edit on 18-5-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Updated article from ZeroHedge with some video and other info www.zerohedge.com...

Chicago's O'Hare looked AWFUL in those pics/video. Shoulder-to-shoulder and lines zig-zagging in every possible place F*** THAT

Problem, Reaction, Solution - "Our budget, our budget!" What a crock of sh*t
edit on 18-5-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join