It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nightmarish Lines Continue At Airport Security Checkpoints

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
My God the lines at some major airports have really been out of sight lately (literally).

Seems the TSA can't move people through the checkpoints fast enough, resulting in massive delays and many people actually missing flights.

This is insane.

Of course the DHS is blaming budget cuts and lack of enough manpower.

The conspiracy says this is just a standard operation of jealousy & revenge by the Obama Administration.

Unless there's some specific language in a law that specifically says the TSA is to get less funding, I say the DHS is diverting money to other agendas and using the manufactured TSA crisis as a jealous vengeance against the general population.

We see these government tactics in other countries that are failing politically and economically as well.

It's always the regular citizens that get the klobbering. Countries like the U.S., Brazil, Argentina, and Venezuela have much in common with political jealousy and revenge against innocent people.

Nightmarish Lines Continue At Airport Security Checkpoints

Travelers flying out of Chicago just can’t catch a break. With increasingly long lines to get through security at the city’s airports, many travelers have been missing their flights, and some ended up sleeping at O’Hare International Airport on Sunday.

American Airlines put out cots for fewer than 100 travelers who missed their flights Sunday night due to the long lines at TSA security checkpoints.

The TSA has blamed the long waits at security on a shortage of screeners, due to federal budget cuts.

Failed Big Government Bureaucracy

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
They're using this to introduce the Dogs of War to We The People.

Get ready to get used to it. No way they're just gonna go back to the way things were before 9-11. I wonder if that's what 9-11 was all about.

-Ducks and runs for cover-

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The TSA has blamed the long waits at security on a shortage of screeners, due to federal budget cuts.

Of course they would.

Couldn't be because they are union jobs. Which mean $$$

Good thing they 'get paid by the hour' while making travelers wait hours.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yeah, I knew they would throw the whole "budget cuts" excuse. They always do this to try to make it seem like if any budgets are cut all hell will break loose. Probably veiled propaganda before the election.

Remember during the sequestration they were shutting down parks when the parks weren't even manned with employees to begin with just to piss off the public?

TSA's problem is that it is for show and nothing more. They won't profile because it would be politically incorrect. So instead, we put on this show.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That's one of the many ways people are worn down and enervated. What a nightmare!

The last time I flew, March of 2014, returning from the Orlando area, we (a whole bunch of people) were put into a separate line to the side after leaving our stuff in the bins on a specific conveyor belt which was after our ID's and boarding passes were checked. We then had to run in single file towards and through a scanner and out the other side. A TSA stood to the side of the line and gently and briefly pressed upon the back of our shoulders to hurry us through as each of us ran by her.

I don't know (it probably was) if it was some sort of trial methodology for increasing security check speed or what but it was rather weird. What did I know as I hadn't flown except for one other time (to and from) in December of 2013 for the 10 years prior.

I know I had pre-flight background check with TSA so it was on my boarding pass.
edit on 16-5-2016 by tweetie because: added a word

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The conspiracy says this is just a standard operation of jealousy & revenge by the Obama Administration.

Unless there's some specific language in a law that specifically says the TSA is to get less funding, I say the DHS is diverting money to other agendas and using the manufactured TSA crisis as a jealous vengeance against the general population.

We see these government tactics in other countries that are failing politically and economically as well.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

The TSA did security for something like 252 political rallies, maybe these idiots should be doing their real job and go back to strip searching old ladies in wheel chairs.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Simple solution - get rid of the TSA at the airports. They don't catch the actual bad guys, anyway, and they do harass a lot of people, and cause a lot of problems. That, or people could stop flying till this changes. When the airlines start really floundering, they'll start complaining about it.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Just flew across the country the other day (and I'll be flying back again in a couple weeks). At the airport I left from, I arrived at 4:30 pm on a Wednesday and had a 1 hour wait. By the time I was at the front of the line, the line had doubled from where it was when I started, leading all the way into the baggage check area, and the number of screeners had dropped from 2 stations to 1.

Of course, TSA Pre was there but no one was using it because it's a scam.

I heard several airports are considering private contractors recently. I hope they switch over to them, I don't even expect better results but in my mind TSA had the chance to do this right and screwed it up, let someone else try for awhile.

Edit: Oh, and the entire concept of TSA is screwy to begin with because they don't even catch anyone. Their whole job description consists of doing things like making you throw out your toothpaste while traveling. They have under a 25% chance of catching actual items when smuggled in. Plus, anyone who does want to smuggle is going to use TSA Pre for less intensive screening. The entire concept of the lines is to do nothing other than make passengers watch each other, and do stupid # like tattle on the passenger next to them for looking arab.
edit on 16-5-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Simple solution - get rid of the TSA at the airports.

Just not too fast. Let Trump do it and take credit for reducing the size of government while easing the lives of American Citizens.

Yay!!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I flew out of Newark's terminal A this afternoon (one of the top culprits in the report) and the Pre-Check lane, which they encourage you to participate in, was over 1/2 an hour wait to get to the boarding pass scanner and then another 15 minutes to go through the line to the screening process.

I try to schedule my flights to be as off peak hour as possible but even at 2PM it was jammed. You should have seen the regular line snaking through the shops.

edit on 16-5-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Just not too fast. Let Trump do it and take credit for reducing the size of government while easing the lives of American Citizens.

I'm against removing most government programs, I favor sane government. I'm all for eliminating the TSA though alongside a few others like 99% of the Department of Education.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I flew out of Newark's terminal A this afternoon (one of the top culprits in the report) and the Pre-Check lane, which they encourage you to participate in, was over 1/2 an hour wait to get to the boarding pass scanner and then another 15 minutes to go through the line to the screening process.

I try to schedule my flights to be as off peak hour as possible but even at 2PM it was jammed. You should have seen the regular line snaking through the shops.

As a kid, I flew all the time, probably once every 3 months since I got to do a lot of traveling. I don't remember a security line ever taking more than 5 minutes, and those were back in the day where your entire family could travel with you right up to the gate, going through the screening too.

TSA is incompetent and needs to be eliminated.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Is this the same government that wants to run our healthcare and hospitals?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
TSA is incompetent and needs to be eliminated.

I agree and I found it insulting that they blamed their incompetency and the lengthy lines on travelers and not own their own boobery.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Simple solution - get rid of the TSA at the airports.

Yay!!

We can hope! The current admin won't do that, and Hillary never would. Trump might. Hard to say. Maybe I'll ask his campaign.....

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
A lot of good that they have done is stealing from people's bags. Oh, and to mention discouraging people from flying due to privacy concerns is just a great run to keep people from enjoying traveling, more. Sarcasm aside, telling people to be in line at airports as an article claimed, up to three hours early is pretty crazy. With that as well the already crumbling infrastructures of let's say riding a train across country and the issues with driving along crowded city's highways. Wonder how it will affect tourism as well as employment where people travel a lot.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

This is all social engineering. First they create a "need" for better people handling. Then they create the Trump Card biometric nationwide identification card to speed up lines.

Trump's wall does not have to be physical. It can be digital. When Mexican workers send payments back to Mexico the payments will be taxed.

Nobody will be able to live in the United States without the Trump Card. If you do not have one then you will be arrested and held or deported. You are going to see a census of Biblical proportions. It will take years to get everybody online.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

It's always the regular citizens that get the klobbering.
Countries like the U.S., Brazil, Argentina, and Venezuela
have much in common with political jealousy and revenge
against innocent people.

Being a grateful and recent ex-Chicagoan; and in light of the State's
basic budget crisis being based in the overly abused utilization of
redirected public funds, for almost always a personal vendetta
or two on one's short $#tt list: the words or Dick Armey, the
former Speaker of the U.S. House ring WAY too true...
"You can't get ahead while you're getting even."

As it ever was-- the culture of political spite has been transferred
to even the international level. A mafia by any other name will smell
just as putzy.

Note to self: if you use only one sentence to get something ugly
across, it will ring no more true than if your life wasn't threatened
by using a whole civil complaint.

PS and EDIT X... clobbering with a K? That's one big football bat

edit on 17-5-2016 by derfreebie because: I own two fan-deprived Crowns, and I approves this massage.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9

This is all social engineering. First they create a "need" for better people handling. Then they create the Trump Card biometric nationwide identification card to speed up lines.

Trump's wall does not have to be physical. It can be digital. When Mexican workers send payments back to Mexico the payments will be taxed.

Nobody will be able to live in the United States without the Trump Card. If you do not have one then you will be arrested and held or deported. You are going to see a census of Biblical proportions. It will take years to get everybody online.

On the upside card: if they're going to deport me back to the Fatherland,
they'll have to teach me [or inject me] with sufficient German to pass the
incompetency exam. Good luck on that one, and hit me. I'm ready.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join