It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Titan Pictures Post

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Seeing as how the NASA website is down and I find it hard to find more than 3 images of titan:

Lets post the pictures here. Please avoid duplicates.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It is the European Space Agency that landed on Titan not Nasa. I might be better to check here for new pictures.

www.esa.int...

[edit on 14-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Infact lets just keep one thread for current huygens pics/data and their interpretations..its much easier that way..where are the mods??

They can close 2 threads and keep only one open...

[edit on 14-1-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Isnt there a microphone on huygens also??
I cant wait to hear that.Always wondered why they didnt put one on the mars rovers.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
It is the European Space Agency that landed on Titan not Nasa. I might be better to check here for new pictures.

www.esa.int...

Those pictures were great. I am surprised at the quality of them.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Found some more.

www.space.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
These pictures are amazing so far. I can't wait until we get some more quality pictures and hopefully color pictures.

But, I still wonder why they didn't attach a Nikon 6 megapixel camera to that baby.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
What is the glow in the bottom left cnr of this pic

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Colour is Beutiful

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samhain
Isnt there a microphone on huygens also??
I cant wait to hear that.Always wondered why they didnt put one on the mars rovers.

Hope this helps! ESA Portal - Sounds of an Alien World

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
very cool
Here is a PANORAMA for yall!!

same pic just different contrast

[edit on 15-1-2005 by ghoulardi]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Those are some awesome pictures. To think, they're coming from 801,568,838 miles away.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

www.esa.int...

my mistake

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The thing i thought was really cool was how the carrier wave from the lander was picked up from earth, even though the transmitted signal wasn't much stronger than a mobile phone signal. It was to weak to carry any info though, this came later having been amplified by the orbiter.
Also how they got round the problem of the lander being set to the wrong frequency, kind of understood how they did it but i'd have to read more to fully understand.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Hell Yeah!

[edit on 15-1-2005 by Vajrayana]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hey guys and gals... First post here, but my wife has been a member for quite awhile now, Nephratari is her name.....

Anyway, I thought this might be a perfect place to post this question..

Did anyone else see the article at CNN.com, about how the lander had just landed on Saturn, etc....

Well this i read when i got home from work yesterday, about 4:45pm cst i would guess... thereabouts...

What was interesting is on their homoepage they have previews of the articles that show the first few lines and the image etc...

Well in the verbage in the article it said something to the effect of:

"One image that NASA posted on its site was taken down immediatly. And the ESA (i think thats what they are abbreviated as) refuses to post the image on their website"

I was in ventrilo talking to several of my friends, working on one of our game servers, etc... so a bit of time passed since i first read it, I would guess maybe 20 minutes or so. I told one member about that weird statement, and that I was curious as to what they actually found.

Well to make a long story short, I went back to CNN.com, and that same preview for the article was there, but was missing all the verbage about the "missing image"

So, my question is, has anyone heared about this "missing image" and what the hell it was....

Thor

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghoulardi

This is possibly the most amazing picture that NASA has produced in the last 20 years. It's a beach for christ-sakes. Methane waves, yea...but nevertheless, a beach!.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Im not sure but we did lose a bunch of information due to the fact that Cassini has to relay the information to earth. When Cassini is on the other side of Titan there was no way to pic up the data Huygens is sending out at that time.

Like someone mentioned before we can detect Huygens signal all the way from earth but its to weak to get any data out of it, its pretty much just a heart beat to prove its still alive and transmitting.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Any one know what the ground temperature is where it landed ??

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
THorgod of thunder
As far as I know there are over 300 images that have been recorded and recived. One of the first images released was the one with what appeared as river deltas in a false orange color. This was one that was posted on CNN.

It is possible that they removed the false color image because it wasn't accurate

Surface temprature of titan is around -178°C (-289°F) great for methene baths

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join