It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inherited memories?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Apparently,small RNA's are what passes on memories through generations and MOTEK genes are the on/off switch for transmission of those memories. Fascinating stuff, even if it was conducted on a worm. This is so neat as it could show a bridge between nature vs. nurture. Does anyone have any suspected inherited memories? I would love to hear any stories.
www.sciencealert.com...

edit on 13-5-2016 by cappy85 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: cappy85

I can't even remember what I ate for breakfast.. but this is a fascinating article.

I'm a bit lost on how the RNA stores memories, when MIT discovered specific neurons in the brain where memories are stored. Perhaps the "memory" in RNA is much different than the memory in our neurons?

Here is how I see it, based on the article and what I know about MIT's discovery of specific neurons: "inherited memories" are hardcoded into the RNA, whereas memories we have from our living experience are recorded onto specific neurons. I still don't really understand the difference between these types of memories though, other than their storage device

www.extremetech.com...
edit on 13-5-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The real question would be:

How much genetic memories have we unconsciously inherited from our non-human, prehistoric ancestors?

The day we answer that question, softer sciences such as psychology will undergo a major revolution.

edit on 13-5-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

We have plenty of inherited memories

How to suck on breast

How to cry

Even empathy to a degree

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I find the most interesting part when discussing traumatic experiences. We pass on a warning signal, so to speak, for other generations for protection. Interesting article.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: cappy85
Apparently,small RNA's are what passes on memories through generations and MOTEK genes are the on/off switch for transmission of those memories. Fascinating stuff, even if it was conducted on a worm. This is so neat as it could show a bridge between nature vs. nurture. Does anyone have any suspected inherited memories? I would love to hear any stories.
www.sciencealert.com...

I made a post about this in an unrelated thread here the other day. There has been research ongoing for some time with meece and phobia, and now there is this recent one with worms.
Here's one link from 2013, there are others in between.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Here, section 2 using the genetic memory (Psychology) page, is relevant to the more recent discoveries,

en.wikipedia.org...(psychology)
edit on 13-5-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Years ago, I watched a movie about the Battle of San Jacento. In one scene, Sam Houston takes a dead baby from a settler who had to escape in the wilderness to avoid Santa Anna. Let me tell you, that scene hit me so hard, I cried and cried like I lost my own child. It was ridicules. I grieved so hard. Then I was doing some family history research and discovered that my great x3 grandmother had a child die in the "Run Away Scrape" and spent 3 months hiding from Santa Anna in the wilderness. Her son fought with Sam Houston at San Jacento, her husband had died 5 years before. She was alone with her children and one starved to death. So, that scene from the movie, was a real life family history event.

So, yes I do think there is something about inheriting memories. Its the only thing that explains my reaction to that scene in the movie.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Something I've always wondered about. Would assume then it may be more than just phobias(explained below) that are included in inherited memories, as others would seemingly be beneficial as the said phobia memories are.

Personally I believe I have felt a few that may be inherited but without would otherwise be considered déjà vu or other. Such as moving or traveling to a place I've never been but always knowing the layout of the location for example, and or just feeling I have been there before-even if I've never been familiar with such a place. As to say some remark on that as familiarity which causes those feelings.

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: cappy85
www.sciencealert.com...

I made a post about this in an unrelated thread here the other day. There has been research ongoing for some time with meece and phobia, and now there is this recent one with worms.
Here's one link from 2013, there are others in between.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Here, section 2 using the genetic memory (Psychology) page, is relevant to the more recent discoveries,

en.wikipedia.org...(psychology)

Thank you

edit on 13-5-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

You typed "Fascinating stuff, even if it was conducted on a worm.."

Just a 'worm' this time, this incarnate. She hasn't always been a worm.

You might look at this: skillsforawakening.com...

namaste

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Survival memories, such as which insects to eat or other 'innate' behaviours.

Not a memory of Auntie Di's 40th party.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
There are 4 options here.

1) God gave us the talents that seem to be perfect for our lifetimes and they seem like past talents.

2) The Matrix has implanted certain AI bots into every persons existence that seem like past lives as every person is a list of electrical charges that create a personality.

3) MKUltra has been doing this for milleniums where they split personalities apart into alters. These alters become dormant talents / skills for survival later on.

4) Everyone dies a sinner and is reborn for another chance - hence reincarnation. Some past memories are maintained in the DNA.

Take your pick. Mine is (2) seeing that everyone is turning into a Agent Smith and hates Christians (Neo's).

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Or...

None of the above and it's somehow passed down through RNA.
edit on 1452016 by TerryDon79 because: bloody phone predictive text changed RNA to DNA

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
None of the above and it's somehow passed down through RNA.

Thanks for proving that the Matrix idea is true.

Why would the Matrix mention the RNA idea AGAIN when ATS member FamCore has already mentioned it ?

unless ... the Matrix didn't like the truth getting out and got one of its AI bots to say 'RNA only, stay blind and move along'.

The Matrix really is falling apart and the Architect (Kronus) just cannot fathom the concept of letting the truth get out, can he ? LOL

i bet Kronus cannot even handle the idea that his World 6 will implode in the 6th month - June 2016. Lol

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

So, science be damned because your delusions make more sense to you?

Yeah, I think I'll stick with the science.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
So, science be damned because your delusions make more sense to you?

Science damned itself during the days of Tesla, forcing this illusion to stay in the 18th century technology with coal powered power stations.

And as expected, AI bot gets grumpy and throws in the 'delusion' insult. So predictable. Quite funny actually.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Anyone that disagrees with your rediculous ideas is a bot?

You must be a hoot at parties.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Mhm, research has been ongoing for years but it is a fascinating field.

It could mean Assassin's Creed is real and people claiming 'past lives' are just miswording it. It could also mean those claims of generational trauma mind control are real...

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
Mhm, research has been ongoing for years but it is a fascinating field.

It could mean Assassin's Creed is real and people claiming 'past lives' are just miswording it. It could also mean those claims of generational trauma mind control are real...

I thought asassins creed was based on all of this anyway? Hence the synchronisation thing looks like a DNA strand, kinda.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79
Well it wasn't about epigenetic inheritance per se, in fact I'm not entirely certain it was even known about when the first game was made. For one thing it is not solely about traumatic occurrences, and in these studies it seems that the markers come solely through trauma... but in a general sense they were about memories from ancestors being carried through DNA, yes.

top topics

join