It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid liberals.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Okay first I'm a liberal, at least I'd be deemed as one by others if they asked me a few questions.

I'm pro gay and Trans rights, pro abortions, etc.

Biut thread after thread I see liberals not understanding the other side of the argument. When you post a a hairy man with a nice beard and mustache, and say it used to be a woman, and ask what bathroom they should use you are being obtuse.

I'm not saying the right wing is in the right, but usually they are saying that they don't want a big fat hairy cis-gender man going in the girls locker room or bathroom, and being constitutionally protected to do so, you can't tell me this would never happen.

You may say that never happens... But As for what never happens? A lady with a big rack, long hair, make up.. Etc.. Is not usually followed into the stall to check what she pulls out of her pants. Stop posting these stupid pictures of Trans people that have taken every effort to look like the gender they identify with, and realize that conservatives are genuinely concerned about creepy pervy straight men being protected by law to use whatever restroom he likes.

Anyways, I'm all for Trans rights and sex changes and support those that make every effort to actually be the sex they identify with - like some people on the left say, these people have always existed, and there's really only bathroom wars now.

No legislation needs to be made to protect or reject anyone. Use common sense, let the courts resolve cases that are extreme, otherwise the 1 percent of the population will just keep doing what they do and the rest of us will hardly realize it, we only now realize anything at all because this has been made into a charade by politicians.

edit on 13-5-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

I guess I would be considered on the right.

You know what I think? It should be pretty damn easy to change out those stupid half walls, on stalls, to floor to ceiling walls. Bingo. DONE.

I don't care who is doing what next to me. I just don't want to have to worry about a head or camera showing up! Heck, even in the girls bathrooms at a bar here in town, someone was caught trying to take pics under the sidewall.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

I'm not saying the right wing is in the right, but usually they are saying that they don't want a big fat hairy cis-gender man going in the girls locker room or bathroom, and being constitutionally protected to do so, you can't tell me this would never happen.

This would never happen.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Show me the data, please.

I can link you a million links on girls being raped in places where it's easy, convenient, private.

Can you link me even one showing a country that has allowed big hairy men into whatever restroom they want, and it didn't cause any issues ever?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Yeah, I'm all for private stalls or even private bathrooms.

But really, there's very few issues in the system we use now. No extra legislation is needed when one out of several million feel out of place going to the bathroom. If you really do look like a female or male, and you're chromosomes are in fact the opposite, you still won't be harassed. It's not like we carry DNA reading computers around with us, and peeping is already illegal.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

I can link you a million links on girls being raped in places where it's easy, convenient, private.

Were these rapists constitutionally protected?

Rapes happen in elevators and empty parking lots too. Most rapes happen on dates and by friends or family members at home. Rapes are not constitutionally protected those places either.

+3 more 
posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Rapists are constitutionally "allowed" in those parking lots, though.

Keep beards out of the ladies restrooms is logical.

Keeping beards off all parking lots is not.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Why not admit the REAL reason for the objection? Since raping ANYONE is already illegal, let's take that off the table as it is covered by existing laws. Next it comes down to a man, for discussion sake a decent man, entering the ladies room to simply empty his bladder. He poses no threat, he is merely in there to manage a natural bodily function.

What is the objection, when the stall walls will prevent anyone from seeing his private parts?

Honestly, what is the objection?

BTW: This equally applies to a woman needing to use a man's bathroom for the same reason (keeping in mind that peeping and raping is already illegal).

edit on 5/13/2016 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

You may say that never happens... But As for what never happens? A lady with a big rack, long hair, make up.. Etc.. Is not usually followed into the stall to check what she pulls out of her pants. Stop posting these stupid pictures of Trans people that have taken every effort to look like the gender they identify with, and realize that conservatives are genuinely concerned about creepy pervy straight men being protected by law to use whatever restroom he likes.

This is where you're completely wrong. How is it that you keep missing the posts about how trans people are simply "mentally ill?" There's about as much real concern about assaults from straight males masquerading as women as there is about bakers going to hell for selling a wedding cake to a gay couple.

In other words, it's not genuine at all.
edit on 2016-5-13 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

How are people using bathrooms now?

How were they using bathrooms last year?

Why is this even an issue????

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

And how many of those girls were raped by people they knew ans were close too? How about show a link of it happening instead of asking to proof a negative?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

This issue should have never been debated or made public. I'm sure all along transgender people were using their particular restroom they felt comfortable using. By bringing this issue to the front, it will only cause undesirables, to take advantage of it. Some have argued that there has always been rapists and perverts, but up until now, they didn't have a law they could hide behind or take advantage of.

The U.S. has much more serious issues to address than worrying about what bathroom a transgender should use. Issues like healthcare coverage, student loan debt, jobs, Campaign Finance reform, the deficit, excessive military spending, are just a few of the dire issues that affect all Americans.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Why not admit the REAL reason for the objection? Since raping ANYONE is already illegal, let's take that off the table as it is covered by existing laws. Next it comes down to a man, for discussion sake a decent man, entering the ladies room to simply empty his bladder. He poses no threat, he is merely in there to manage a natural bodily function.

What is the objection, when the stall walls will prevent anyone from seeing his private parts?

Honestly, what is the objection?

BTW: This equally applies to a woman needing to use a man's bathroom for the same reason (keeping in mind that peeping and raping is already illegal).

I can give you a personal example. I was in the Frankfurt airport a few years ago. This particular trip was business related. Now, I don't travel often, let alone to Europe. I opened the door to the men's room to empty my bladder. AS I did I saw a woman at the sink, doing her face up. I did a double-take, looked at the door icon to assure myself I was going into the correct room, and I was. I asked her, "this is the men's room, right". To which she responded (in a heavy German accented English), "yes, it is". So, I walked in, up to the urinal (which happened to be near the sinks), and began doing my business. She finished her makeup, and on her way out said, "goodbye, have a nice day". I replied, "thank you, same to you". And she was gone. I finished, washed my hands and left.

It was not a typical visit to the restroom for sure, but neither of our worlds ended. We were adults, and acted as such. Now, I don't know if she was a trans or a natural woman, and frankly, it didn't matter then or now. Nobody was hurt, and the world spun on as it did before.

So, I still wonder what the real objection is here? Is it fear that men cannot control their basic sexual urges when confronted with an extraordinary scenario with the opposite sex? If so, then I think it is your own internal problem, and sound eerily like the requirement for women to wear a full burka in other cultures.

Can we all not act as adults, and control those urges? After all, assault is still illegal. Rape is still illegal. Where it happens is irrelevant.

BTW: How many that object to this have a bathroom in their own home, and the only separation between the other people in the house and you is a simple door (not too dissimilar to a stall wall/door)? Why is that different? Where is the demand for all women to leave the house for them to use the bathroom (and same goes for men leaving so a woman can use the bathroom)?

edit on 5/13/2016 by Krakatoa because: Added addtional thought

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv It already has, multiple times. There's a story on fox news right now about a guy who choked an 8 year old girl in a bathroom. You have a severe cognitive dissonance problem.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AVtech34

And, is this due to the new law on the books? Please provide a link to the new story for us all, since you referenced it.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This was always a slippery slope from the get go .imo .Problem was ,was that the Lib's couldn't see that far into the future .

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Star for "stupid liberals" title, they are nearly synonymous.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa im at work and you can just as easily look it up.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I found the story. It happened in Chicago.....not in one of the contested states with these new laws on the books. So, how is this relevant if, even when it is illegal, it happens, so a new law will make it OK to kill a child?

CHICAGO (WLS) -- A man is accused of choking an 8-year-old girl until she passed out in the bathroom of a restaurant in Chicago's South Loop. The girl was with her mother at the Jason's Deli in the 1200-block of South Canal Street on May 7, police said. The girl went to the bathroom by herself around 1:15 p.m. A short time later, her mother heard a scream. She went into the bathroom and found Reese Hartstirn, 33, carrying her unconscious daughter into a stall, police said. He had allegedly choked her with his hands.

Man chokes 8-year-old girl in South Loop bathroom, police say

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AVtech34

Common posting courtesy is to provide a reference when one make a claim. Not to tell others to "look it up for yourself to prove I am telling the truth". The burden is on the claimant...always has, always will.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join