It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

an odd super power that I have

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Special.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Some folks just are more heat tolerant. I'm like that. I can usually hold scalding hot things with only mild discomfort, as long as it isn't for a long time. I can reach into fire and get something pretty quick, without any adverse effect. I wouldn't call it a super power, per se....hehe... But can come in handy.

I'll bet a lot of folks here have adverse effects on street lights too. This is actually a documented phenomenon. Google on "Debbie the Slider" for a CNN story on it. Another one of my weird quirks.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I don't really consider it a super power, I was sort of being facetious when I wrote that. Its just that I know that when I touch these things that a blister should appear, one actually does but then quickly disappears. They used to always get worse and worse...

I have been able to have blisters before and I know what makes one and I know they are painful and annoying as hell. They pop open, split, heal just enough for them to split again, bandaids hurt and don't stay on, you think its going to be a small one but it ends up way worse than the day before...etc...pain...pain...pain

So that doesn't happen to me anymore, its nice.

edit on 16-5-2016 by veracity because: to add the word "quickly" (as in like a few seconds)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

ummm, WOW

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

omg crying

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Jim Carey was never funnier than he was on that show...

Fire Marshall Bill
Vera Di Milo
Juice Weasel Guy
Woodchuck to Gray Squirrel

So damn funny.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join