It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presumed Bernie opponents circulate malicious meme designed to maim or kill naive Bernie supporters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm surprised this isn't already being discussed at length. Someone, presumably a hard right-winger, composed this meme targeted at naive Bernie supporters:

This, of course, is trying to deceive someone into building a chlorine bomb which would then explode in their face (and those of their family and friends). First and foremost, please be aware and where appropriate do your part to ensure no one you know does something foolish and deadly in response to this. Secondly, I've seen a lot of bellicose talk on ATS implying an inevitable violent confrontation between so-called conservatives and liberals in the United States. This is a sobering example of the potential consequences of this sort of rhetoric.

Should you have the misfortune to find this amusing for a moment, or to think "to hell with them, it's the Darwin awards", I hope you'll consider that the most likely person to be successfully duped by this is the child of a Bernie-supporting parent. A terrifying thought and a nauseating action on the part of whomever put this travesty together.

www.washingtontimes.com...
www.snopes.com...
mic.com...
edit on 11-5-2016 by JohnnyElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyElohim

The elite know no bounds to their immoral behavior.

I could see old Shillary rubbing her hands together like Mr. Berns while she partakes in a think tank on how to deter Sanders supporters, I can even hear the same psychopathic laugh she screeched reminiscing about the murder of Gaddafi!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

I could see old Shillary rubbing her hands together like Mr. Berns while she partakes in a think tank on how to deter Sanders supporters, I can even hear the same psychopathic laugh she screeched reminiscing about the murder of Gaddafi!

You don't think this is more likely the work of an unhinged individual harboring murderous intent for liberals? I think Occam's Razor would suggest that's more likely.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Came into the thread expecting to see the first post being about Hillary!

I wasn't disappointed!

This place has become SO predictable

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well, that's messed up.

One question though. How exactly is the maker of this meme a "presumed" Bernie "opponent"? Could just as easily be a supporter, working the reverse psychology angle, no?
I mean, I know you didn't write the title, but figured I'd get that question out of the way. It's going to be asked more than once.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

What is predictable is the level of evil that oozes from the entire Clinton family and their insidious tactics of maintaining power.

It is predictable!

Good call Muse!

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago05America/Chicago531pmWednesday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The deep cover Hillary Campaign knows no boundaries.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It began on 4chan, if I am not mistaken.

Right Wing sites have also warned people of its dangers.

Don't do it! Stick to dry ice, water and rocks.

It's much safer...

link   

originally posted by: JohnnyElohim

originally posted by: elementalgrove

You don't think this is more likely the work of an unhinged individual harboring murderous intent for liberals? I think Occam's Razor would suggest that's more likely.

Nope what I think, is that it would stem from the wolf in sheeps clothing known as Shillary along with her psychopathic neocon tendencies... for reference. this is after they aired his murder on television.

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago05America/Chicago531pmWednesday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
Well, that's messed up.

One question though. How exactly is the maker of this meme a "presumed" Bernie "opponent"? Could just as easily be a supporter, working the reverse psychology angle, no?
I mean, I know you didn't write the title, but figured I'd get that question out of the way. It's going to be asked more than once.

I did write that title. I think the explanation that this person generally despises Bernie Sanders and his supporters is dramatically more likely to be true than the explanation that it's trickery on the part of the Sanders or Clinton campaigns.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

This place has become SO predictable

That's what happens when you hang around here too much.
Sucks, doesn't it?

Used to be able to be surprised by some of 'those' comments, now...damn near impossible.
The Icke AMA did surprise me though, figured that one would be a mess.

I wonder if some break time would help? Nah, I've cut out of this place for months at a time, come back....it's all the same.
I think I'm stuck in some sort of "Groundhog Day" feedback loop or something...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This is terrorism.
I'm sure the FBI is on this...and will catch this monster.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Neither does your constant partisan political pandering.....but that's none of my business.
Carry on.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I think that's a naive assumption (just giving you an honest opinion)

It could go both ways. I have no dog in the fight besides knowing that each side is always looking to demonize the other. Bernie supporters are not immune to this and this kind of thing would be a perfect way to demonize their "targets".

Not saying it wasn't some crazy far right type...just that it could just as easily be some nutty far left type that likes to play that reverse psychological angle. A....false flag...of sorts.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

*eyebrow raised*

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It's much safer...

If it began on 4chan, then it doesn't actually belong to any political ideology in all likelihood. It's more likely to be someone who just wants to see if anyone is dumb enough to follow through on random internet stuff.

It's like the Justin Bieber cancer hoax where his more fanatic fans were convinced to shave their heads by an internet meme telling them he had cancer. That one was also a 4chan scam.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

I think that's a naive assumption (just giving you an honest opinion)

It could go both ways. I have no dog in the fight besides knowing that each side is always looking to demonize the other. Bernie supporters are not immune to this and this kind of thing would be a perfect way to demonize their "targets".

Not saying it wasn't some crazy far right type...just that it could just as easily be some nutty far left type that likes to play that reverse psychological angle. A....false flag...of sorts.

I'm not really assuming and I obviously don't know the origin, but I do happen to think that's where the balance of likelihood sits. You could be right, but that requires many more moving parts and people with malicious motivation. My explanation requires one mentally unwell person with a huge chip on their shoulder and a copy of Photoshop.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: introvert

It's much safer...

If it began on 4chan, then it doesn't actually belong to any political ideology in all likelihood. It's more likely to be someone who just wants to see if anyone is dumb enough to follow through on random internet stuff.

It's like the Justin Bieber cancer hoax where his more fanatic fans were convinced to shave their heads by an internet meme telling them he had cancer. That one was also a 4chan scam.

I think this is a more plausible alternative to my "political nutter" take than some variant on the theme that it's Bernie or Hillary supporters doing it deliberately for some sneaky reason. I would point out, however, that it's not as though 4chan is devoid of people with social and political agendas. It's just that the cohering element at 4chan certainly isn't interest in or commitment to a political ideology.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

What a disgusting meme.

This is criminal, in my opinion.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What a disgusting meme.

This is criminal, in my opinion.

Indeed. There were tips made to the FBI in response but I have no idea if anything's come of them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join