It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presumed Bernie opponents circulate malicious meme designed to maim or kill naive Bernie supporters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyElohim

Yes, but when you consider that 4chan is the place that egged on a live suicide attempt ... I think the idea that political animosity was more important than just a general desire to watch the world burn is a bit silly. At most, a political animosity might have shaped the arrow, but someone sick enough to do this was going to let fly one way or another.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Ok...I don't really want to attempt to derail your whole thread over this little issue so I'm not going to go back and forth about it too much more.

No idea why you think it would take "many more moving parts" if it was someone "far left" that created this with the intent of demonizing the other side. It may still just be one unhinged individual either way.

Or, as others mentioned, it is someone not really politically affiliated who just gets their sh*ts and giggles from the suffering of others. The unhinged know no bounds. That's kinda what being "unhinged" is all about, in many cases.

Just to add....I took a quick glance around youtube for some chlorine bomb footage (just to piss off the alphabet agencies that probably got alarmed when I jumped directly there from this thread....LOL) and was surprised to see a whole bunch of kids making small chlorine devices, some of which blew up before they got to chuck em.
I can only imagine the hell I would have caught had I been caught building some of that "stuff that goes bang" when I was a kid. Now, these kids do it, post it online, and laugh at their parents when they raise hell about it. Times, they have definitely changed. .....and, that little bit just made me start feeling old.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

get over it guys politics are just another tv show we watch for entertainment its not real

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, but when you consider that 4chan is the place that egged on a live suicide attempt ... I think the idea that political animosity was more important than just a general desire to watch the world burn is a bit silly. At most, a political animosity might have shaped the arrow, but someone sick enough to do this was going to let fly one way or another.

Well said. I agree but I think it's a bit of hair-splitting. Most people who do things like this are more touched by their general malice, misanthropy, and similar admirable (sarcasm!) traits than by whatever ideologies they tie them to. I think it's a bit like Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Many people who suffer it experience what's sometimes described as a free-floating anxiety that's chameleon-like and will adhere itself to whatever the mind focuses on. I think people come to violence in many different ways, but once they're given to it, it doesn't matter terribly much what ideologies they cleave to. They'll find an alignment of their will-to-violence with their worldview somehow.
edit on 11-5-2016 by JohnnyElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I believe the sociopaths at 4chan tried this with other novelties, such as growing crystals.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

It's someone trolling from 4chan. Guaranteed.

They've done stuff like this before. It's a place where the dregs of the internet like to hang out and hide behind anonymity.

ETA already addressed by introvert.
edit on 11-5-2016 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

I interpreted your proposition to mean that it was deliberately organized by supporters of Hillary or Bernie as some others have suggested, and this is the take on the matter I think requires more moving parts. It sounds as though I've misunderstood you. A sole nutter on the left could be responsible, sure, but aren't there better ways to cast aspersions on "the other side" than originating a meme that could potentially land you in a lot of trouble and bring harm to the people you are motivated to support? Again, these are all in the realm of possibility. I just happen to believe that whoever did this was deliberately targeting Bernie supporters and had a reason for that. I can only speculate as to why they would do it, but someone working for "the liberal cause" seems less likely by virtue of the harm that could be caused and the fact that one ought to be able to come up with an idea that is both more effective and less dangerous if one is so inclined.

I agree we should be succinct but I don't think speculating about the motivations of the culprit is beyond the pale in terms of thread context. I appreciate your thoughts.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I doubt it's right wing. More likely Clinton...but sure. Blame them.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

All of that requires the pos who created this meme to use logic, something the unhinged don't do so well, even when they "think" they are.

Lots of idiot criminals out there who think they are criminal masterminds.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384

I doubt it's right wing. More likely Clinton...but sure. Blame them.

When a rocket lands on an Israeli settlement, do you think that's more likely to be a militant Palestinian or the Israeli government engaging in a false flag operation to drum up support? Both are possible. Which is most plausible?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This is the exact same recipe that is in the Anarchist's Cookbook. Not going to link it here for obvious reasons but you can google it.

Definitely some malicious stuff though, it can cause blindness, lung damage and severe skin burns. I don't know if a grown adult would be stupid enough to do this, but apparently a lot of Bernouts are teenagers who want free stuff so I wouldn't put it pass them.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Clinton is more plausible. Your comparison is irrelevant.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Wow...loaded questions much? LOL
I'd say, either is equally as plausible. I'd also say history speaks volumes about that.

What was that Mossad moto again?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This is coming from the same kind of people that got a bunch of little tweens to shave their heads by faking a Justin bieber cancer story. And got feminists to take pictures of themselves urinating in their pants.

It's not right wing or left wing. It's a bunch of twelve year old trolls jacked up on mtn dew with no idea how to behave.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Seems to me a bunch of kids thought it would be funny to make soda bottles blow up in people's faces.This is just Internet punks that love talking people into doing stupid things.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384

Clinton is more plausible. Your comparison is irrelevant.

Care to elaborate? Why is Clinton plausible at all? Do you not understand that the target of a thing is suggestive of the motivations of the actor?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Bernie supporters have the most motive to create such a meme.

It could be a callous Trump or Hillary supporter that doesn't care if someone gets hurt. Or it could be a callous Bernie supporter that doesn't care if someone gets hurt AND wants to see Hillary and/or Trump supporters get blamed for being callous.

My money is on it originating with a Bernie supporter, based on motive.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

Wow...loaded questions much? LOL
I'd say, either is equally as plausible. I'd also say history speaks volumes about that.

What was that Mossad moto again?

"For by wise guidance you can wage your war"

I think they're both possible, but I can't get on board with 50/50.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

That's your bias kicking in. You are oozing it, but I'm not sure you realize you are doing so.

And I was thinking more along the lines of "by way of deception, thou shalt do war".

ETA: MotherMayEye's post is something I agree with, in regards to which side could be responsible. That is, IF I was inclined to believe that it was someone nutter from either party or something like that. I lean more towards agreeing with others who mentioned it originated at 4chan.

...some people, they just like to watch others suffer. Fact of life. Sick, but factual, nonetheless.
edit on 11-5-2016 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

That's your bias kicking in. You are oozing it, but I'm not sure you realize you are doing so.

And I was thinking more along the lines of "by way of deception, thou shalt do war".

ETA: MotherMayEye's post is something I agree with, in regards to which side could be responsible. That is, IF I was inclined to believe that it was someone nutter from either party or something like that. I lean more towards agreeing with others who mentioned it originated at 4chan.

...some people, they just like to watch others suffer. Fact of life. Sick, but factual, nonetheless.

We can always agree to disagree without accusing one another of "oozing bias", but I do appreciate that the rush of pleasure-bringing hormones that come from relating to others self-righteously can be awfully seductive. It brings me no harm, so if it brings you pleasure to look down on an anonymous stranger on ATS, be my guest.

That said, I hardly think it's biased to suggest a rocket striking an Israeli settlement has less than 50% chance of being fired by the Israeli government. We all get to enjoy our own analysis, though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join