It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to make big announcement tomorrow.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I'm betting it is a new planet that is quite cool.

ALIEN hunters and conspiracy theorists alike are salivating at what NASA might be about to reveal to the world after the space agency announced a press teleconference to take place early tomorrow morning. The conference will be held to make public the latest discoveries made by NASA’s planet hunting Kepler space telescope. The spacecraft was first launched in 2009 and is tasked with searching for habitable Earth-like planets outside our solar system.

Link Here

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I wonder what will be the nature of the press conference? Any juicy speculations besides disclosure, alien structures, newly discovered habitable planet, new technology or something entirely unexpected?

Edit: Fixed the typo, thanks Phage.

edit on 10/5/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Same as they always are

"We've found another planet that could be earth like in the goldilocks Zone"

- end of conference

No offense to the OP but every time they do this and someone makes a thread and this is pretty much all that is said by nasa

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Any juicy speculations besides disclosure, alien structures, newly discovered habitual planet, new technology or something entirely unexpected?

What is a habitual planet?

You left out a planet killing asteroid being on the way.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: darkmaninperth

The Kepler mission has already found quite a few potentially habitable planets. I wonder too what this is about. Perhaps they did find planet 9?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'd say earth is a likely habitual planet

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Have they said anything in regards to that ninth planet that people were talking about a few months ago or maybe it was a month ago? I hope it will be in response to that unless someone can point me to the article where they already explained some of it
. Either way kind of excited to hear about what it might be.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I am thinking perhaps carbon signatures indicating some form of potential plantlife now or in the past on some distant planet. I imagine it will just be speculation verses solid evidence that points 100% to a life explanation, but a small chance kind of thing..

So, enough for more speculation (and to the conspiracy theorists out there, another small move towards getting the masses used to the idea of life outside the earth)

My hope:
They found a planet with advanced civs, and was able to tap into the galactic internet..and cat videos are indeed a galactic phenomona
edit on 10-5-2016 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I wonder if this is just going to be related to this?

www.sciencealert.com...

I just found it and I'm a little behind on space news so no one kill me.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Any juicy speculations besides disclosure, alien structures, newly discovered habitual planet, new technology or something entirely unexpected?

Also left out an admission of chemtrail spraying around the world to alter climate / weather research as a weapon...i doubt it though.

Disclosure? Highly doubt it.
Mission to Mars? Perhaps...to beat Mr. Musk. (Can't have a civvy showing NASA to be far behind)
Lunar base?

Whatever. These 'hold your breath' announcements from NASA are becoming just a little bit tedious over the last few years..just release the information, and forget the buildup...the suspense factor is waning.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystiqueAgent
I wonder if this is just going to be related to this?

www.sciencealert.com...

I just found it and I'm a little behind on space news so no one kill me.

Yeah, This is the big news.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Pedantic much?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
likely give pluto status as a planet again removing it from dwarf status. seeing how make make was found to have a moon theyll likely mention that as well as ration for reclassification... to not appear flippant.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I'll hope it has something to do with those weird sounds hearing all over the world, because I've heard this yesterday at work and I recorded this..

Only I've got to figure out how to place the audio file here on Ats .

I soon will place this in a new thread for you all to listen to ,because I need some additional expertise on this matter from some your bright minds if what I recorded actually is in line with the other sounds from all over the world.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
No offense to the OP but every time they do this and someone makes a thread and this is pretty much all that is said by nasa

That's because people make it look like something special when it's not. If this is the same press conference I saw announced some days ago it's just a regular press conference to present the mission's findings.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Call me crazy but I was under the impression Mars always did have a small amount of oxygen?
Obviously most of it ripped away, but that there was negligible amounts still? Altho certainly not enough to be landing there and running around unsuited.
???????

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
It's always a "big" announcement. As usual it will be some boring trivia about some wobbly redshift that has no impact on the human race for the next 1000 years, if ever.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Timed perfectly with the presidential primary and the news of massive disapproval of Clinton in California. With her support of the Honduras coup and assassination of democracy and environmental rights activist Berta Cáceres.

This NASA sublet is probably going to be lame news, mostly about the hype to block a critical news story to one of the biggest election thefts in US history. Stuff basically waiting in queue "in case distraction needed" or more nicely put "PR blocked until cap lifted" to give access to one of the two only media giants a nice front page story to divert.
edit on 2016 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
maybe the announcement from nasa is to admit the fraud and deception they commit,

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BlubberyConspiracy

I know people typically have one track minds, but I hit about 500 different topics a day at least... if people want to focus on who wore the gold dress better at the Met Gala all day when it was more like what was up with 4 out of 5s eyebrows?.. then those sorts are likely not too concerned about NASA or politics anyway if that was the daily topic to fish for in order to have some conversation about with people that day.

My day gets started with dropping news in the search and selecting the "news for news" link, then read all of it until it goes into stuff read the previous day typically about page 4 or 5... then the stuff that sticks out? I look into deeper, aside from my coffee cup. Only takes about an hour to get caught up from the previous news day from about every outlet at once using that search... been doing this routine for nearly 3 years straight.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join