It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to make big announcement tomorrow.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
exactly! and whenever they make one of these big announcements it`s never the head cheese at nasa that makes it it`s always some mid level flunky that`s how you can know ahead of time how big the announcement is, if the head of nasa isn`t going to be making the announcement then you can be pretty sure it isn`t that big of an announcement.if it was really a big announcement the head guys ego would make sure that he was the one making the announcement.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
"NASA Finds 1,284 Alien Planets, Biggest Haul Yet, with Kepler Space Telescope"

www.space.com...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I believe we will find a planet showing signs of life within the next ten to twenty years. 5 Years ago i would never have thought this possible. Go NASA and everyone else involved in designing these telescopes.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

What are you using for your timeline basis mate?

10 to 20 years seems quite specific a timeframe...why not tomorrow?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Don't want to sound churlish, admittedly exoplanet hunting is a worthwhile endevour in the interests of science, but we already know exoplanets are a common feature of Galaxies...a 1000 or so newly spotted planets isn't going to do much else but confirm what we already know about the frequency of them..they are almost everywhere, orbiting around almost every star system we care look at.

The fact that exoplanets are abundant isn't really major news for most people paying attention is it?

I mean...we can only learn these things are common once...right?

Major news would be signs of life on one of them...not that the planet itself is there.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
Don't want to sound churlish, admittedly exoplanet hunting is a worthwhile endevour in the interests of science, but we already know exoplanets are a common feature of Galaxies...a 1000 or so newly spotted planets isn't going to do much else but confirm what we already know about the frequency of them..they are almost everywhere, orbiting around almost every star system we care look at.

The fact that exoplanets are abundant isn't really major news for most people paying attention is it?

I mean...we can only learn these things are common once...right?

Major news would be signs of life on one of them...not that the planet itself is there.

ALthough not particularly interesting since as you say, enough had already been discovered to know they are very common in our galazy, they still have to announce these things. Blame the press and over enthusiastic ATS members for hyping things up too much.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

"Within 10 to 20 years" would seem to include tomorrow.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: dJbdJb
Will it be more lies by any chance?

It depends whether you believe the nonsense YouTube videos about the Moon landing being a hoax, ice particles being "alien visitors" and radio conversations being taken out of context and twisted to mean something entirely different to what they actually were...

Some of us don't consider the scientific reality to be lies while believing unfounded and unproven nonsense.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I actually read about this yesterday on the BBC and meant to come back and give you guys a heads up, but totally forgot.
It seems several news agencies might have jumped the gun and published a little early lol

It's actually great news, pretty interesting to those of us who actually have an appreciation for space exploration beyond the childish "Where's the Alienzzzzzzz!!!!!!!11111"

It's actually quite depressing to see so many here being so dismissive of all of this, as if it's meaningless. This is history in the making, scientific discoveries being made in your lifetime, the biggest advances in space exploration the Human race has ever known, and most of you are so distracted by this irrational desperation for little green men you can't appreciate how great this is.

Consider this, in 10 to 20 years, with the development of new propulsion systems, you could be looking a high definition video of a probe descending into the forest of another green and wet planet brimming with alien life, giving us our first glimpse of another inhabitable world for the first time in Human history.

How anyone can think that's not massively exciting is beyond me.
edit on 11-5-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: Soloprotocol

What are you using for your timeline basis mate?

Advancements in Space telescope stuff and a will to go find stuff.

Within the next half hour would be a Specific timeframe. 10 to 20 years gives my prediction well, between now and 20 years breathing space to come to fruition.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
I actually read about this yesterday on the BBC and meant to come back and give you guys a heads up, but totally forgot.
It seems several news agencies might have jumped the gun and published a little early lol

It's actually great news, pretty interesting to those of us who actually have an appreciation for space exploration beyond the childish "Where's the Alienzzzzzzz!!!!!!!11111"

It's actually quite depressing to see so many here being so dismissive of all of this, as if it's meaningless. This is history in the making, scientific discoveries being made in your lifetime, the biggest advances in space exploration the Human race has ever known, and most of you are so distracted by this irrational desperation for little green men you can't appreciate how great this is.

Consider this, in 10 to 20 years, with the development of new propulsion systems, you could be looking a high definition video of a probe descending into the forest of another green and wet planet brimming with alien life, giving us our first glimpse of another inhabitable world for the first time in Human history.

How anyone can think that's not massively exciting is beyond me.

Im afraid to tell you that its going to take a LOT longer than 10-20 years to make any of these exoplanets anywhere near approachable. Not to mention the time for any signals to come back to us. Yes, the thought of a photo of another planet close up, inhabited or not or even of Proxima Centauri is incredible, but i will not see anything like that in my lifetime. That being said, the entire Cassini mission as well as New Horizons and Rosetta among others did give me goosebumps.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Any juicy speculations besides disclosure, alien structures, newly discovered habitual planet, new technology or something entirely unexpected?

What is a habitual planet?

One that keeps going round in circles. Damned pesky bad habit these planets have.....

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlubberyConspiracy
Timed perfectly with the presidential primary and the news of massive disapproval of Clinton in California. With her support of the Honduras coup and assassination of democracy and environmental rights activist Berta Cáceres.

This NASA sublet is probably going to be lame news, mostly about the hype to block a critical news story to one of the biggest election thefts in US history. Stuff basically waiting in queue "in case distraction needed" or more nicely put "PR blocked until cap lifted" to give access to one of the two only media giants a nice front page story to divert.

What page in the conspiracy handbook did you dig that up

If you want to block something you just don't do it, you don't need another item to block it, it's not rocket science

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join