It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to make big announcement tomorrow.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Well I hear they have a theory on the EM drive. Some sort of hybrid Ion/Quantum drive. No magic and doesnt break the laws of thermodynaics but is really really efficient.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That explains why the new Tesla cars have dropped to $35,000, lol, some of the technology of the EM drive has trickled out and Tesla has worthless product come next year!

Or not

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Any juicy speculations besides disclosure, alien structures, newly discovered habitual planet, new technology or something entirely unexpected?

What is a habitual planet?

Maybe he meant a planet that constantly does the same things on a regular basis. Like orbit it's parent star or rotate on its axis.

Those habitual planets are hard to come by

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Call me crazy but I was under the impression Mars always did have a small amount of oxygen?
Obviously most of it ripped away, but that there was negligible amounts still? Altho certainly not enough to be landing there and running around unsuited.
???????

If there's water, there is by definition O2 considering a third of a molecule of water is comprised of the stuff.

Viking found O2 (in small amounts) and H2O vapour on it's way down through the Martian atmosphere in the 70's, this is probably what you're remembering.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: tayton
a reply to: crazyewok

That explains why the new Tesla cars have dropped to $35,000, lol, some of the technology of the EM drive has trickled out and Tesla has worthless product come next year!

Or not

If what I read was right the thrust would be useless for any surface or atmospheric uses.
A possible game changer in space but down here useless.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Well I hear they have a theory on the EM drive. Some sort of hybrid Ion/Quantum drive. No magic and doesnt break the laws of thermodynaics but is really really efficient.

The media conference is about Kepler findings, so it wouldn't be about the EM drive.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Maybe NASA will admit to knowledge of the existent life forms on some of the Moons in our solar system.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Phew, good thing your correct that grammar.

I almost died of exhaustion trying to figure that one out.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Maybe NASA will admit to knowledge of the existent life forms on some of the Moons in our solar system.

It wouldn't surprise me if there is life somewhere on a moon in our solar system (Enceladus, Titan, and Europa are good candidates for places where life might exist).

However, it would surprise me if NASA has knowledge of that life. I don't know how they would have gained that knowledge.

edit on 5/10/2016 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Any juicy speculations besides disclosure, alien structures, newly discovered habitual planet, new technology or something entirely unexpected?

What is a habitual planet?

You left out a planet killing asteroid being on the way.

Awwww....

But i have to coment on the asteroid..
Yes!! It is a Planet Killing (as in earth) Rock
1500m long and wide...

BUT...

Its kepler data...
The roid is at 45lty away and will hit New York
in 8000 years... DEAD ON

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Doesn't this happen same time every year? Feels like deja-vu. The sensational alternative media hypes it out of proportions, and then NASA tells it like it is, the people who bought into they hype are disappointed, and the true scientists understand the implications and life goes on.
edit on 10-5-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Miccey

8k years huh, and you honestly believe data making a prediction that far out isn't going to change?

Besides, in 8k years we'll either have killed each other or be space-faring the galaxy and perhaps beyond.

Unless that's just sarcasm, and I'm missing it. If so my apologies.
edit on 10-5-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: Miccey

8k years huh, and you honestly believe data making a prediction that far out isn't going to change?

Besides, in 8k years we'll either have killed each other or be space-faring the galaxy and perhaps beyond.

Unless that's just sarcasm, and I'm missing it. If so my apologies.

And my point being?!?

Exactly

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: darkmaninperth
nasawatch.com...

"NASA will host a news teleconference at 1 p.m. EDT Tuesday, May 10 to announce the latest discoveries made by its planet-hunting mission, the Kepler Space Telescope.

Robo-AO Kepler Planetary Candidate Survey II: Adaptive Optics Imaging of 969 Kepler Exoplanet Candidate Host Stars

"We found 203 companions within ∼4" of 181 of the Kepler stars, of which 141 are new discoveries. We measure the nearby-star probability for this sample of Kepler planet candidate host stars to be 10.6% ± 1.1% at angular separations up to 2.5", significantly higher than the 7.4% ± 1.0% probability discovered in our initial sample of 715 stars; we find the probability increases to 17.6% ± 1.5% out to a separation of 4.0"."

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: crazyewok

The media conference is about Kepler findings, so it wouldn't be about the EM drive.

Ahh ok They likley have found another rocky planet in the habbitable zone like earth or confirming one.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
NASA's Kepler mission has verified 1,284 new planets – the single largest finding of planets to date.

www.nasa.gov...

NASA chief scientist @EllenStofan: This announcement more than doubles the number of confirmed planets from Kepler.

550 of the new Kepler planets are small possibly rocky; 9 of those reside in habitable zone.

The total known planet count jumps to more than 3,200. Here they are by size.
(link: www.nasa.gov...) www.nasa.gov...
edit on 10-5-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Dont forget the uncle Rico's upset about not taking state, because he could throw a football over the moon he was such a badass... its like go get kidnapped, go sky diving, climb a mountain how about something thats happened relevant aside from 20 years ago? Its like life accidentally hit the loop button and theyre on constant pause... Ill go ahead and coin a term now, mentalpause: when life ceases to flow.

I ran across someone I went to highschool with a few years back... guess what still in highschool, do you remeber so and so and so and so? Nope. Well they are doing this and this and that, well thanks for the update on people I dont even remember.

I dont know if a historyectomy cures it or not.

The moon was mentioned so according to uncle Rico... totally revelant.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

originally posted by: lostbook

It wouldn't surprise me if there is life somewhere on a moon in our solar system (Enceladus, Titan, and Europa are good candidates for places where life might exist).
However, it would surprise me if NASA has knowledge of that life. I don't know how they would have gained that knowledge.

There is no doubt in my mind that officials at NASA know.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If NASA itself is making the announcement, it's not "big." NASA would be required to defer to the POTUS for anything truly monumental.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
big announcements from NASA usually equal a big yawn fest to me:
"our anal sphinterometer has detected the remains of a pissantium molecule that possibly was created by the big bang 50 bazillion years ago."
YAWN!.. wake me up when you find an alien.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join