It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump. Clinton. Sanders. What about your candidate appeals to you? Specifically. Sell me.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Obviously emotions are running high in the race for President. Discussions between friends get heated like I've never seen before, there are accusations, name calling, cable news shows and the internet are lighting up with discussions and arguments. I am curious to hear/learn why folks are passionately supporting their particular candidate. What about their policies, character, personality makes you want to not only pull the lever for them, but defend them in conversations?

Here's the exercise. Just complete one of the the following:

I SUPPORT xxxx BECAUSE I LIKE ___________.

OR,

I DON'T SUPPORT xxxx BECAUSE I'M AGAINST ____________.

Now,many folks say they like Donald because "he tells it like it is", or they hate Hillary because "Benghazi,Benghazi, Benghazi!".

That's not what this is about. No one learns anything that way. I'm genuinely interested in learning, so you got to give me more that. An example of what I'm looking for is "I support Donald because he 'tells it like it is' when he talks about ___________ and says ______________.

Looking for facts, real stats, no name calling, specifics to back up your candidate support. I'm sure if you throw out something that is not a proven fact, or not specific, you will be challenged by the ATS community.

Let's see how long this takes before it runs off the rails! Fire in the hole!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Anyone as far different than Obama has got my vote.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Why? Can you be more specific as what it is about Obama that makes you want 'different'?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I think they all suck.
I will vote for the lesser of evils.
The economy is the most important to me and trump is best suited to improve that in my opinion. Some will disagree with that of course.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: XP100

I'll bite, I want Donald Trump because he is the only non career politician in the race and has been a successful businessman for several decades, in my opinion he has solid economic plans such as doing away with free trade plus he has executive experience.
edit on 5842016xMay000000Saturday07America/ChicagoSat, 07 May 2016 08:01:20 -0500 by BoxFulder because: slight spelling error

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
If Hillary gives all of her money that she has from her foundation to me I 'd give it to all the homeless Vets.

If Trumps gives me half of his money to me, I'll take it and give it all the homeless Vets.

If Sanders has money to donate, I'd hope he'd help the homeless Vets.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: XP100

Why? Can you be more specific as what it is about Obama that makes you want 'different'?

Allow me to answer your question:
Everything. I am voting for the candidate most diametrically opposed . In other words , a GOOD President.Not a lame , weak-kneed , do everything by executive order cause he cant get the horse^^^^ he proposes to the floor in Congress.Yes THAT Obama . I hope that answered your question. I am trying desperately not to go on a tirade again.

(oops , I think I just did)
edit on 5/7/16 by Gothmog because: Grammar

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
ANYONE BUT CROOKED HILLARY!...but, mostly, TRUMP!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

What sucks about each?

Why is Trump best suited to improve economy in your opinion?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

So far Trump gets my vote!

This guy explains my reasons better than I can.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Trump. Why? Because he doesn't take any #.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Rand Paul- Liberty. And he does amazing stuff in the community.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

You call Hillary 'crooked'. Can you be specific as to what action(s) of hers in your opinion makes her crooked?

and I'm not sure what 'but, mostly, TRUMP!' means'...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Can you give a specific example of something amazing Rand Paul does for the community that garners your support of him?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Can you please be more specific of an instance where Trump didn't take any #?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Thank you Gothmog. Aside from the name calling, you have educated me that you oppose Obama because his inability to get bills passed through Congress. Duly noted!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Pro bono eye surgeries not only in the US, but also in South America, Haiti...etc he suspended his campaign to do overseas charity work last year.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I watched the video. Thanks for your reply.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
They all suck.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

I did not know that. That is certainly admirable and a good reason (in my opinion) to support a candidate. Thanks for sharing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join