It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.Videgaray Mexico Finance Secretary after Fox apology: there is no scenario, for Mexico'd pay wall.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982
You are not off by much slider, the flow of illegals thru Mexico is a lucrative business for a lot of people in Mexico: federal officials/immigration/local-state-federal police/coyotes/organized crime etc. the gov. could stop it but they don't want to kill the goose w/gold eggs.
I think this could be stopped easily by the US, just google 'Kiki Camarena' this happened in the 80's

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

That is the most crazy idea I ever have heard:

Democratics are not going to allow Hawaii be sold to Japan, since that would mean to accept that Barack Obama was not American.

Republicans are also not going to support such transaction taking place since that would mean that in December of 1941 President F.D. Roosevelt declared a war for an attack never happened in American soil.

Chinese bankers are also not going to allow the sale of Hawaii to Japanese since as creditors of the USA they have priority to take American assets in payment of the debt owed to them over any other country.

Finally that is absolutely disrespectful of Hawaiians, they are not a check that US can endorse to a third party when it is in trouble, no body is going to sell them when they were independent before to join US.

...Excuse me I forgot that you are Trump supporter, so you don't feel respect for anybody.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 5/5/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Trump could tax all the western union type money transfers.. Prob wouldn't be more than 3% or so, cause then they will never lift it.

I am pretty liberal, but I think trump is a moderate democrat who just bamboozaled the GOP.

A wall would mean American jobs, and I think trump will give up EVERYTHING to get it.

Min wage, war on drives, amnesty, single payer option, everything...

It will be his Hadrian's Wall. His legacy that will last forever.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

China owes us over a trillion dollars, let them try to collect, we will call in our trillion dollar mark.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light

Democratics are not going to allow Hawaii be sold to Japan, since that would mean to accept that Barack Obama was not American.

Republicans are also not going to support such transaction taking place since that would mean that in December of 1941 President F.D. Roosevelt declared a war for an attack never happened in American soil.

Chinese bankers are also not going to allow the sale of Hawaii to Japanese since as creditors of the USA they have priority to take American assets in payment of the debt owed to them over any other country.

Finally that is absolutely disrespectful of Hawaiians, they are not a check that you US can endorse to a third party when it is in trouble, no body is going to sell them when they were independent before to join US.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

Yea that's why the "Deficit to whoever" stuff is bs. We have the most powerful military on the planet.

If you loan Tony Saprano money, he only pays you back if he feels like it...

We will not be giving China san Fransisco no matter what we owe them. We will tell them:

" kick rocks! Thanks for all the functional goods and services, have fun with those little pieces of paper!".

:p

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light

it was a bit tongue in cheek. the idea of buying and selling states is absurd of course, but would be neat if possible. one can dream.

...Excuse me I forgot that you are Trump supporter, so you don't feel respect for anybody.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

..not sure how you could possibly forget that. In order to forget something, you must know it to begin with, and given I am landing pretty much in the Sanders camp if I must choose one of these idiots, and Trump is about as likely as getting my support as a rabid tree frog, then yeah..kinda impossible to forget things not real to begin with.

But...here is the thing...the more you paint trump and trump supporters as some sort of evil entity..the more I am warming up to the guy...mostly because only weak minded strawmen need to make up crap about opposition..and I certainly dont want to be in the camp of drooling morons.

You lot did it with Obama supporters being a bunch of thug mooches that wanted free stuff, and now you're doing it over Trump wanting to hate people for fun....same actions, different details.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
We will not be giving China san Fransisco no matter what we owe them.

Lets not be hasty...San Francisco...I mean..if we consider it.its not a bad deal.

TBH, once they realize what San Fran has become, they probably wont want it.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I've read Trump's position on the topic from his website.

It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year.

Sounds like international extortion to me.

Extortion is what MEXICO does to us.

Trump is talking about changing the terms of the 'deal' that we were never consulted on to begin with.

Boy, your "Poor Mexico" types sure do push that narrative huh??

It's amazing to watch.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Extortion is what MEXICO does to us.

Please elaborate?

And this is not 'poor mexico', it is Trump has a stupid idea.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I said nothing about "poor Mexico". I was commenting on Trump's plan and it says right on his site that they will have to pay money up front in order for the flow of money to continue.

It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year.

www.donaldjtrump.com...

That is extortion.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

That would just move the wall further south. But hey if we keep it up it would be much cheaper to build it at Panama.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

That would just move the wall further south. But hey if we keep it up it would be much cheaper to build it at Panama.

Push it further and we can just use the pre-built canal

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Push it further and we can just use the pre-built canal

top topics

<< 1   >>

join