It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.Videgaray Mexico Finance Secretary after Fox apology: there is no scenario, for Mexico'd pay wall.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light
Dear Readers,

The news of the presumptive nomination of Donald Trump for the GOP to the Presidency of the US arrives to Mexico precisely in one of their
important National celebrations:

The battle of Puebla won by the Mexican army against the French Army, that was the strongest one at his time in the world, in their war against Napoleon III on May 5th 1862.

en.wikipedia.org...

Today Finance Secretary of Mexico has used the national holiday to point about Donald Trump supposed plan to build a wall in the border that
if that happen will be paid by the US, from taxes over American people.

"Under no circumstance Mexico will pay for the wall that Mr. Trump is proposing. I say absolutely seriously that there is no scenario, in which Mexico would pay for this wall," Videgaray told Milenio Television broadcaster.

The minister noted that Mexican money should have been spent for the Mexicans' wealth, adding that the country has more important needs to spend this money on.

According to Videgaray, the migration tendency has fundamentally changed over the past five years, and the number of US nationals coming to Mexico exceeds the number of Mexicans coming to the United States.

Read more: sputniknews.com...

In an interview with The Hill Monday, Secretary of the Economy of Mexico Ildefonso Guajardo said “it’s not very convenient for foreign officials” to comment on U.S. elections. He said they will instead focus on the massive economic potential of the U.S.-Mexico partnership.

“The mere fact that Mexico has become an item in the debate should be an opportunity to reinforce the U.S-Mexico relationship. In a way, underlying that reality is the fact that whatever happens in Mexico has an impact in the U.S. That in itself is good,” said Guajardo.

hotair.com...

I don't know what Mexicans think of Vicente Fox today excuses to Donald Trump, he called him another Hitler in February.

I want to be positive, but I sincerely think he is shameless, only loyal to himself and his changing mood can be easily confused with Hypocrisy.

After to have done a demolishing campaign against PRI in 2000 , as nominee of the PAN and Green party, he prosecuted the last one being in Power. As a former President he endorsed the current President in his 2012 Campaign against the Nominee of his own PAN party.

Now he is apologizing to a leader that has insulted Mexico all what he wanted, to get the GOP nomination and offer him friendship.

What it is pretty clear is that Vicente Fox can teach a lot to Donald Trump of how important is to be prepared to eat words that must never be said, they are in someway very similar each one to the other, in their aggressive personality, impulsive character and very manipulative rhetoric.

Vicente Fox former President of Mexico: I don’t think he should follow the strategy of attacking others, offending others, to get to his purpose. There are other ways and means of doing it. I invite him to come to Mexico and to see what Mexico is all about.”

www.history.com...

We are going to see if Donald Trump decides to modify his rhetoric against Mexico now that he has already gotten the GOP nomination or if he insists to continue eroding the international relationship with a neighbor that is about 110 millions of inhabitants.

The thread is opened to the free discussion to all the members interested in the topic, under the rules of decorum in the posts.

Thanks for your attention,

The Angel of Ligthness
edit on 5/5/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Wow, take air perhaps with some good deep breaths you find a way to continue reading if you look for inspiration, ... ,

Oh excuse me, I forgot that you probably have trouble to believe there is inspiration at all, after all where it must come from ? isn't it?

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Build a wall..hmm...cant we just buy mexico and be done with it already.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I do not have a dog in this fight.

But I see little issue in a country trying to control its border?, We in the UK have a similar situation with illegal migration all be it from countries that do not border ours but we do ask why France allows people to gain access to vehicle's to allow easier transit out of France and into the UK.

Yes there may be a bond between Mexico and the USA but that does not and should not give carte blanche for any number of migrants to enter another country.

I could be totally wrong but I would be surprised if there was more US citizens moving to Mexico to work than vise versa?.

RA

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Build a wall..hmm...cant we just buy mexico and be done with it already.

Exactly.

Let's just merge with Mexico and open the border.

We're already tied at the hip anyway.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Ha Ha, I think I am going to suffocate of the laugh attack your comment causes me:

Let me ask you respectfully:

With what money are we going to buy Mexico? if we owe to China 1,486,827 millions of dollars! that is more than the stars the Milky way Galaxy has.

We are lucky if the Chinese bankers one of these days decide that they are not going to receive anymore US treasury bonds and take America in payment for their interests!

I don't think Mexicans are interested to receive any US treasury bonds for their land, everybody knows their actual value.

Pls read:

ticdata.treasury.gov...

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Mexico is being set up for a partial trade embargo !!!!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

im down for a Mexican American war, not sure what side i would join. probably Mexico, as long as i get free reign of California as i always have

jk, maybe not

but seriously we should be fight a different was one, involving the most evil corporation seen since 1775

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Mmm, lets explore what an embargo to Mexico can bring:

About 2 million of Americans living in Mexico with very modest pensions in a rich style life there, the same that would allow them only to live here a little above the line of poverty, should move back to homeland, so by sure they will curse Trump.

Where are we going to sell all the cheap quality goods that American factories produce in China?

Europeans are extremely rigorous in their controls, so what Mexicans do not buy probably they will never accept.

Millions of farmers in US soil will go to bankruptcy, they don't have market here for all the genetically modified and subsidized vegetables and meats they export to Mexico.

Now what happened if oil exportations cease from the Arab world to America?

what happened if ISIS take control not only over Iraq but over the Arabian Peninsula? where are we going to find cheap petroleum to move troops there?

Venezuela is not willing to export here anymore, they are selling more oil to China, Brazil and Argentina instead. Iran is also more interested to export oil to China or to Russia than to America.

Any advisers in international policies will tell Donald Trump, if he becomes President, that it is not intelligent to continue moving an Anti Mexican agenda, since it would create more harm that good to America.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Religious propaganda, someone elses work, more religious garbage.

There you go, I pulled the bullet points for you.

It would be cool if we could put together ops with interesting topics, I can go to USA today if I want to be bobble headed by politics and religion.

What is the reason for flooding the US with 3rd world people? Voters? Soldiers? Intentional labor market hit?

They put signs up for fks sake.

How many pesos does your employer pay you.

You wouldn't want me in charge, I would set up a organ donor building at the border.

I would remove your kidney, sell it for fence money, then send you back into the desert.

The flood would stop, and they would start to figure out how to help themselves.

Maybe we shouldn't have borders and we can all hug it out.

That Trump is so evil, those poor Mexicans, here take my house.

Peace be to everyone who is human, not just beliebers.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Fine for them. However, in the US let us pass a tax on money that is sent out of the country--to any other country-- and that tax from money sent to Mexico and other Latin countries can pay for the wall. That way, "the users pay." Simple solution.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

there is no scenario, for Mexico'd pay wall

Did you just turn Mexico into a past tense verb?

I think you just Mexico'd our grammar.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

No, that 'd comes from would , There is no space available to write the complete statement, it was very difficult to try to keep the idea in the title of the thread with the system's bound in characters you are allowed to type:

"Under no circumstance Mexico will pay for the wall that Mr. Trump is proposing. I say absolutely seriously that there is no scenario, in which Mexico would pay for this wall,"

That is entirely valid from the grammatical point of view, so you need to retake that course in the school:

www.enchantedlearning.com...

Thanks for the question,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Over half of current illegal immigrants are here (in the United States) on expired visas.

- Meaning, building a wall would not have kept them out.... they were already invited here. I suppose it's up to the "small government," Republicans to implement some sort of tracking database to ensure that no one stays over their stay.

Also, Mexico makes up roughly 62-65% of current illegal immigrants in America.

What should be done about China, Guatemala, Honduras, the Philliphines, India, Brazil, and/or Korea?

Oh! Oh! I got it! Build moar wallz!

Don't get me wrong - I do believe that immigration needs to be addressed and is a detriment on the American people - however, what percentage of illegal immigrants come over by land, as opposed to through the air, boats, underground tunnels, and (shocker!) - there are other routes into the U.S. that isn't the US/Mexico border.

Most people don't consider any of this and instead have chosen to rally behind a piece of propoganda that serves no purpose and has been built on fear and ignorance rather than empiricism and objectivism.

I have an idea! Let's build a wall in Mexico, and let's pay for it!

All of this people whining and complaining about others "wanting free stuff," which isn't even true - want a free wall. The hipocrocy is absolutely golden. The "solutions," (in this case - a wall) are borderline retarded.

How is a wall going to keep out illegals, when the vast majority of illegals come to the U.S. through government programs, and better yet - what will be done regarding the illegals who find another way?

People are treating this like gun grabbers do. I was nearly positive it was established that "criminals don't obey the law," and how is this any different?

Because a "wall," is there, it's going to deter illegal immigrants? Is the wall going to be manned? Surveillance? How tall will it be, in order to cope with airplanes? How deep will it be, in order to cope with tunnels? What about maintanence?

Will Mexico also have to pay for all of this? Absolutely ridiculous, man, and I can't believe people actually support such a short-sighted "solution," such as a wall.

These people who want the wall talk about how government is too big, too corrupt, cannot be trusted, does not represent the average American, out of touch with the real everyday lives of common citizens, etc etc turn around and parade and cheer Donald as if he is going to turn around decades, possible centuries, of corruption within the highest echelons of government.

It's amazing how powerful the television and social media are.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

So the answer is more taxes?

Huh thought that was never the answer...

Guess it is time to tell citizens what they do with their money. Which I now you are going to come back and say you only mean what the illegals do with their money but how would you split it?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light

We all belong to the Light...

We are going to see if Donald Trump decides to modify his rhetoric against Mexico now that he has already gotten the GOP nomination or if he insists to continue eroding the international relationship with a neighbor that is about 110 millions of inhabitants.

It's not Trump's rhetoric which is eroding our international relationship; Trump is just shining a big fat spotlight on the real issues.

Or perhaps I presume too much? Perhaps you don't have a problem with the raping and beating of women and girls by criminal gangs? Or the many other crimes committed by illegals against our citizens?

...there is no scenario, for Mexico'd pay wall...

Haha! We'll see... where there's a will, there's always a way.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Fine for them. However, in the US let us pass a tax on money that is sent out of the country--to any other country-- and that tax from money sent to Mexico and other Latin countries can pay for the wall. That way, "the users pay." Simple solution.

If you read Trumps own website, he goes into detail as to what he meant by "They're going to pay for the Wall"

He addresses that exact phrase.

And remittance payments is ONE of the subjects/tactics/tools he speaks of.

People still obsessing over the phrase and taking it to mean they'll hand over some check, have missed the boat and are ill-informed on his stance.

Do you honestly think that Trump meant they will literally HAND OVER money?

edit on 862pm3102America/Chicago15CDT02America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I've read Trump's position on the topic from his website.

It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year.

Sounds like international extortion to me.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
With what money are we going to buy Mexico? if we owe to China 1,486,827 millions of dollars! that is more than the stars the Milky way Galaxy has.

Its ok, we can sell Hawaii to japan. bam! we got the money to buy mexico and voila...say hello to mass fireworks and tequila export industry..along with lots of manufacturing jobs technically back in the US.
edit on 5-5-2016 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join