It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS requires substance to open an OP but the members don't like it.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

INDEED. I rarely bother with such either.

And it really is almost painful, for me, to try and read through a long wall of text.

Chester John, I do appreciate this thread for a chance to comment on these issues.

We both know that there will always be folks who cannot see facts that are even staring them in the face and hitting them in the gut, groin or rear. None are so blind as those who WILL NOT see.

But we can do our part to present our perspectives, our facts, our opinions, our convictions with clarity and attractiveness as much as possible.

Cheers.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Maybe try looking at past threads from some of our best creators, like Rising Against, Slayer69, Hefficide, Kandinsky, TheGUT, and so many others that are great thread creators, for an idea of how to layout an OP.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassifiedthanks I will try to do it better as time passes.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicusI would rather those who don't agree to ignore them.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
I would rather those who don't agree to ignore them.

If you want a Christian echo chamber why post here?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIANyes Bo I am trying to take some of what I am learning about the OP stuff so as to break up the text a little.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicusI have found lots of metaphors and interpret and apply htem appropriately.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I have found lots of metaphors and interpret and apply htem appropriately.

Appropriate to you.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
of course could I apply it to you?

Of course not. but if you believed the scriptures then you might appropriate the application for yourself. But No one can do it for us.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

but if you believed the scriptures then you might appropriate the application for yourself.

You do not have to believe in the 100% literality of the Bible to understand the metaphor or allegory of the stories it contains.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I and other have attempted to follow the new guidelines on posting that ATS has required for starting a new post by not post minimal amounts of info but a complete explanation with the facts.

But the members who follow don't want to read the info posted that is required to start a post. They claim that "walls" of text are just to much for them and they want the minimum that ATS has condemned and are now enforcing the new standard which one must have substance and not just a opinion with no real facts.

The problem is not the Post but the members not wanting to read a post, especially if it something they don't want or like to read before getting to the point. I have seen these members complain and make replies to the final statement but it is clear they never read the supportive data before replying all the time crying that they wouldn't/couldn't and should not have to read a post with all the info before replying.

Maybe it is about time for ATS to start enforcing the replies that don't meet the standard of those who have actually read the whole OP before replying. That sure would weed out troublemakers who just want to fit and spit more than participate in a discussion of facts and truth.

Clearly you're referring to your previous thread... In which you used your entire OP to post nothing but bible verses... and much of the second for that matter. Without actually saying a word...

Yeah, thats the Wall O text thing everyone is telling you about...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

no substance what so ever, regardless of the approval of the content

Pretty sure you're incorrect anyways in your premise... but thats beside the point here

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Plus, you seem to make up your "statistics" of who wants what in the OP.
I can only guess that you got your feelings hurt and are attempting to make ATS "wrong."

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

ATS requires substance

Then post substance.

I thoroughly endorse schuyler’s advice in this post.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

And i sense a small trespassing on a floor which you are forbidden to.. How come you always think it goes one way?

I believe the bible should be interpret by those who actually has the education for it.. Or even better its meant for Gods and Kings to chose it their way.. Not simple men, of a simple house..
edit on 3-5-2016 by PanPiper because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PanPiper
And i sense a small trespassing on a floor which you are forbidden to.. How come you always think it goes one way?

I thought we had an understanding, you stop stalking me across the forums and harassing me with your crappy, incomprehensible English and I stop pointing out how many screen names you have created and then had banned. Guess that is over.

I believe the bible should be interpret by those who actually has the education for it.. Or even better its meant for Gods and Kings to chose it their way.. Not simple men, of a simple house..

Who cares what you think? You cannot even act civilly enough on a discussion forum without having to create multiple (what is it now, 50?) screen names.

How long is this account going to last?

edit on 3-5-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

wow, i thought you were gonna contribute to a post or the OP, guess i was wrong.. Apparently ...

How long the account is going to last? i dont know.. Cause im not really a fortuneteller..

I see you edit the last part again as always;

edit on 3-5-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

I found a link wikipedia - Link

Lovecraft who wrote the book on Cthulhu and his cult club made a somewhat story like this;

1926, H. P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu What, in substance, both the Esquimaux wizards and the Louisiana swamp-priests had chanted to their kindred idols was something very like this: the word-divisions being guessed at from traditional breaks in the phrase as chanted aloud:

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn." Legrasse had one point in advance of Professor Webb, for several among his mongrel prisoners had repeated to him what older celebrants had told them the words meant. This text, as given, ran something like this: "In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."

And how i always thought you were a good Mason, i guess everyone can be wrong sometime in life.. Now im just gonna do like i did before.. *ignore*

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

wow, i thought you were gonna contribute to a post or the OP, guess i was wrong.. Apparently ...

You are wrong, I asked a question already. Try learning how to read.

How long the account is going to last? i dont know.. Cause im not really a fortuneteller..

Judging by your past history the answer is, 'not long'.

How sad do you have to be to constantly get kicked off a discussion board for poor behavior? That is what I now want to ask the anti-Christ.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

How sad do you have to be to constantly get kicked off a discussion board for poor behavior? That is what I now want to ask the anti-Christ.

I think you need to elaborate on that, i cant really read your mind.. But you forget that this is a OP about " ATS requires substance to open an OP but the members don't like it. "

Otherwise open a discussion board..

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I think you need to elaborate on that...

Nope.

But you forget that this is a OP about " ATS requires substance to open an OP but the members don't like it. "

I know exactly what thread it is, I made my opinion know. Thanks for playing though.

Otherwise open a discussion board..

Are you a moderator? Maybe you should try out for the job. I bet they would love to have someone with so much experience in creating screen names.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I think the only rant I've written was about walls of text. If you wall , I walk! Won't read it no matter how much thought you put into it✋

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join