It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My tumour is now untreatable -- RIP our beloved friend: August 11, 2016 --

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I'm now in a hospital bed. It was either that or go into a hospice. I kept falling out of bed, in my comfy double bed, which had the effect of sleeping on a trampoline. My parents aren't getting any younger and were struggling to haul my ass back into bed safely. It feels like a step back, but prefer to stay at home right now.. At least I'm at home still and comfortable which is the main thing. My care assistants are great fun and a couple of attractive ones to fluff my pillow. Bedding one in a hospital bed has become one of my new goals. Being able to flirt, is still an achievement and keeps my spirits up. It's amazing how a bit of young female company can cheer one up

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Good on you mate !!

As long as you keep getting handed lemons keep turning it into lemonade !!

Heres a thought ... maybe get " caught " writing some poetry and ask her,
if she would mind if you read it to her ...
😉😉

Mwahahaha !

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Oh, don't!

You've been watching too many 'Carry On' films.

It's great that you're at home. No matter how hard they try, hospitals are kind of depressing and awkward. A hospital bed isn't a step back, it's just the right technology for what you need right now - that's all. I'm glad to hear you're ahem, making the most of the nurses.
You're right, flirting is probably an under-rated achievement - we should all strive to do it more often. Better than being cross with each other, I would say.

I'll try it with the postie today and see what happens.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Makes me smile that you're charming the nurses

Just wondering if you have access to a pool or spa. You can wear a life vest and get in and float and move around. I have a friend with muscular problems and she loves getting in a pool and says it's actually help with moving and coordination. Plus she just says it's fun

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well, you'll be safer in your new bed at least. Have fun flirting with the young nurses. I'm sure they appreciate the attention.
Good to see you are in good spirits! I'm also glad to know that you are able to stay home where you want to be. HUGS!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Good for you, man. Have fun with those nurses. I hope you succeed with your mission.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Bedding one in a hospital bed has become one of my new goals. Being able to flirt, is still an achievement and keeps my spirits up. It's amazing how a bit of young female company can cheer one up

Keep those spirits up brother. I'm glad you have some pretty company with you.

Warmest regards,

RT

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Yes the young attractive company is great unfortunately I'm not looking so attractive. a reply to: Realtruth

The tumour that broke off has spread all a over my head leaving me looking like a Klingon from star trek it started behind my right temple just after my right ear and has continue to spread to my forehead. I didn't want to die ugly, but it seems that's the way it's going. My vanity and karma mixed up for the final months. Could be worse I guess, I'm having my most interesting friendships online who don't care what I look like, but still, but I was always vain about my looks and wary of karma. I'm so hungry on dexamethosone, I might as well go the whole hog and put on a bit of weigh too. Instead of a bucket list I'm posting pictures of cakes and biscuits I want to try Hoome made. Yesterday I posted home made Jamie Dodgers as a challenge for the more culinary inclined. homemade. I'm not going on any special cancer fighting diet. I'm going out with a bang. Wiith some other treats included I'll see if my care assistants fancy taking me on a bit of a road trip

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Yes the young attractive company is great unfortunately I'm not looking so attractive. a reply to: Realtruth

The tumour that broke off has spread all a over my head leaving me looking like a Klingon from star trek it started behind my right temple just after my right ear and has continue to spread to my forehead. I didn't want to die ugly, but it seems that's the way it's going. My vanity and karma mixed up for the final months. Could be worse I guess, I'm having my most interesting friendships online who don't care what I look like, but still, but I was always vain about my looks and wary of karma. I'm so hungry on dexamethosone, I might as well go the whole hog and put on a bit of weigh too. Instead of a bucket list I'm posting pictures of cakes and biscuits I want to try Hoome made. Yesterday I posted home made Jamie Dodgers as a challenge for the more culinary inclined. homemade. I'm not going on any special cancer fighting diet. I'm going out with a bang. Wiith some other treats included I'll see if my care assistants fancy taking me on a bit of a road trip

If your looking for some interesting home made biscuits and snacks to keep your spirits up then check out this site mate and see the size of the jammy dodger they make! Keep on keeping on brother.

Huge jammy dodger, pimp that snack

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

...... who don't care what I look like,

This is why I love ATS, we are judged by our hearts.
And you have a most courage's one.

I might as well go the whole hog and put on a bit of weigh too.

Well a food lover, I can't cook for you, but I can tell you what I would like to serve. Mind you dear I am a Chef and very particular about flavor and appearance of the dish. Speaking of vanity.

May I serve you a true chocolate mouse with real whipped crème. It will melt on your tongue, seducing your mind to never want any thing else.
Or a Danish Open Sandwich. A culinary piece of art contained in a mouthful. There is comfort to the eye and an explosion of adventure in every bite.
Or crepes. I can make them so the Angels envy earth. Thin and crisp on the edge, scented with vanilla, filled with loveliness or served with home made ice cream.
Or a Danish layer cake, so soft and smooth, rich with butter and whipped cream.

You are my hero. I have been tagging along here and am so happy to see every time you post.
One day you won't, I know, but you will live in my memory.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Now everyone is making me hungry. I just had turtle cheesecake. LOL

Woody, we don't care if you look like a Klingon. I love sci fi and some of those Klingons are pretty cool looking. We love you for being you! We admire your courage and strength that you have shown through the years, your humor, your wonderful personality...you! You have made quite an impression on so many people, have touched our lives and inspired us. So...big hug to you my Klingon!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Sorry to hear about the way it's spreading, but glad you're getting the company of female nurses. I had the idea of 'big hats' to make you feel less self-concious...

A road trip sounds like a great idea whatever the weather. It was peeing it down in East Lancashire yesterday afternoon - that light, floaty rain. There were rolling hills on my right that were all blurred out by the steady downpour and they looked beautiful. All those muted colours and the sense of nature at its summer peak made me smile. Sure enough, we want our summers long and sunny and we aren't getting those any more. Still, nature is pretty when it's raining too.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Klingons are cool, so don't worry about that.

I've been following this thread all along, and my admiration for you grows with every perusal.

Road trips are always good. Culinary road trips are even better. Have some biscuits for me?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Thinking on you can get away with allsorts now dude.
Pinching nurses bums nicking crisps the possibilities....

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
We are all thinking of you here and Clarissa our beautiful little cat is on my lap as I am posting this.

My wife is cooking her spaghetti sauce for tonights meal and has promised us a surprise chocolaty dessert.

Glad you are enjoying the sweet company of the nurses who are always guaranteed to give you a laugh and a bath.

All our best wishes.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

In the true Gemini spirit my heart is torn in two.... One is the sadness of the battle you have fought over the past 16 years and the joy of witnessing your spirit in the words you have typed....

Thank you for all of your input over the years that have gladdened my heart. Its always a pleasure to see your Wise Ole Owl avatar in a thread where some posters stole my goat and sold him.... as I knew, soon, I would be reading a more positive response than the earlier ones which failed.

Thank you for keeping your ATS friends abreast with your situation and health along with the brave postings on you condition and treatment.

I wish I had a solution to your bed that would allow you to be more comfortable at home...

I appreciate and applaud your parents for all they have done and know that they wanted to do more.

A big thank you to all of our ATS Sisters and Brothers for your wonderful posts..... may we have many more postings from you Woody, I gladly toss you those extra years you require as I know you would live them to the fullest!

Thank you again for your postings

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
To hell with the cakes, go for the 12 year old Glenfiddich, lots and lots of it

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Now everyone is making me hungry. I just had turtle cheesecake. LOL

Woody, we don't care if you look like a Klingon. I love sci fi and some of those Klingons are pretty cool looking. We love you for being you! We admire your courage and strength that you have shown through the years, your humor, your wonderful personality...you! You have made quite an impression on so many people, have touched our lives and inspired us. So...big hug to you my Klingon!

YOur heart is that of a klingon warrior my friend. Its only natural that your body try to reflect its mighty core is it not?
Do not worry about the changes because to us you will always be 'IH jupwI' maHvaD Hoch(a beautiful friend to us all)

chaq may' chavmeymaj lop qaStaHvIS stovah korr(may we battle and celebrate in stovah korr)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Just know that if I could lived in the UK I would absolutely come to visit, with a basket of goodies, but since I can't I'll send you good vibes and happy thoughts.

And ask for extra sponge baths whether you need them or not.

RT

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join