It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left handed presidents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I understand I do believe that most presidents have been left handed. Is this correct and if so what is the incidence of left handedness among presidents?

thanks

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

edit on 2720160420161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The left handed presidents are sinister.

According to Roman times, anyone born right handed was Dextrous (dexterity). Left handed people were Sinistrous (sinister).

Jinn always tap on the left handed side of a person's body and hook themselves to the left shoulder blade.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

I'm not sure mate, but maybe they are smarter that right handed people. LOL. As a leftie i can remember at school they tried to force me to write right handed but i rebelled. The result was i write left, kick left, but eat right handed. They sure messed me up!!.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Handedness of Presidents of the United States

12 seconds of using google.

Maybe I, due to being of the left handed master race, was only able to accomplish this super-human feat.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

AHH, now i know what obama's problem is, Thanks....

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Come on that info is not hard to find. en.m.wikipedia.org...

Lefties are smarter.
They spend their entire lives adapting to a world designed against them from phones to can openers to scissors.
I know I'm left handed.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

I went to school in NYC in the sixties and not one single teacher or nun tried to change my handedness. Not one. A few even helped me to adapt by showing me how to turn the paper or spiral book so the wire wasn't under my hand.
I have a very neat handwriting because of it. Many lefties have poor penmanship but mine is letter perfect to those charts they hung around the room showing the cursive letter formation. I'm not bragging. I'm old enough that it's not important. I'm just stating fact.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Most lefties developed a degree of ambidextrous qualities because the world is designed for righties. Where's the mouse on the computer? What side is the calculator on on the keyboard? I was lucky to develope almost equal use of my hands. I use the right for a ten key calculator. I hit a golf ball right or left. I bat left but catch right. I eat left but cut meat with my right hand.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Me too.10 seconds. Maybe less I don't want to sound conceited. Lefty strikes again.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Left handedness is an asset not a liability.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

What about we who can write with both? We're half-wits, perhaps?

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: watchitburn

Me too.10 seconds. Maybe less I don't want to sound conceited. Lefty strikes again.

You need one of these, for your accomplishment

Lefties are smarter. They spend their entire lives adapting to a world designed against them from phones to can openers to scissors. I know I'm left handed.

actually, the smartest people are those who learn to use both hands, so as a right handed person, i cant agree with you on this

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Am not sure of the relevance here... But i was doing laptop upgrades for some sort of managers for a well known uk bank several years ago.

I'm not certain what their actual titles were... They weren't branch managers, but spent most of their time out on the road travelling around clients (and their businesses).

Anyhoo... It made sense to get them all to attend my workshop simultaneously, as i was a contractor, and wasn't based there, and technically wasnt employed by the bank.

The client wanted me to make sure everything including all relevant software settings were put back perfectly to what they were, prior to sign off... This included making sure the mouse was set to left or right handed settings accordingly....

For that reason, it became apparent to me, that out of about 10 managers, about 7 or 8 were left handed...

They were all just as surprised by this as i was... And a jocular conversation amongst them ensued, where their right handed counterparts felt in the minority.

While 10 people is hardly scientific, i am satisfied that given the actual ratio of left handed people, it was likely beyond coincidence, and probably indicative of the type of person or a quality they have, that made them best suited to, or ur attracted them to that type of position.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMNOTYOU

Most lefties have to use both hands. As a rightly you'll never get it.
edit on 4272016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

My oldest son is exactly the same way. He writes and throws right, kicks left, but can throw left handed seemingly as hard as right. Very strange, I couldn't begin to do it.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I'm an Aussie so maybe different countries had different teaching methods. That said, at school i adapted my writing habits to print writing etc. and my writing became more than acceptable, no "slant or backhand" problems. I had top jobs during my working life and my writing habit never impeded my progress. Cheers....

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So true, i remember during my stint in the army that weapons are designed for use using the right hand. I soon adapted VERY QUICKLY (ha ha) when using a SLR for the 1st time after being hit severely on the right arm with ejecting spent cartridges. Yes, we lefties know how to adapt....

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Great for your son, as SILYOLME has stated we lefties adapt quickly to our needs and wants at any time.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Each to their own mate, your comment not mine....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join