It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Clint Eastwood Threatens Michael Moore With Death

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If you follow the news, you probably believe that almost everyone connected with Hollywood is a liberal Democrat. There are, however, a few well-knowns that lean more to the right, politically speaking. Clint Eastwood is a perfect example of this phenomenon. Eastwood's beliefs recently led to a 'confrontation' when he and Michael Moore appeared at the same media event. Eastwood said if Moore ever showed up at his door with camera in tow, he would kill him.

www.nydailynews.com
Clint Eastwood squinted like Dirty Harry Tuesday night as he took aim at Michael Moore.
"Michael Moore and I actually have a lot in common - we both appreciate living in a country where there's free expression," Eastwood told the star-dotted crowd attending the National Board of Review awards dinner at Tavern on the Green, where Eastwood picked up a Special Filmmaking Achievement prize for "Million Dollar Baby."

Then, the Republican-leaning actor/director advised the lefty filmmaker: "But, Michael, if you ever show up at my front door with a camera - I'll kill you."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The article is written to make Clint's threat to kill Michael Moore appear to be a joke - but I wonder. People on both sides of the election issue know how divided this country has become. Is it really that much of a reach to think that Eastwood, who's always portrayed a rough, tough character in movies, could have also let that persona into his personal life?

Moore has made his name by "photoshopping" the facts and then making a so-called documentary. One recent example was when he cut and pasted text from a newspaper letter to the editor and then altered it to appear as if was a headline and story from that newspaper. A number of people ended up accepting what he had done at face value because they did not do any of their own research and Moore's work was erroneously being marketed as a "documentary".

Several popular figures have ended up on the receiving end of Moore's work. Once he has them in his sights, there's really not much they can do to defend themselves as it is very difficult to prove the negative. For all these reasons, I'm taking Eastwood's threat at face value, and would be willing to bet that Moore does as well.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I cannot stand mike moore's work because he takes the Liberal way out.

look at 'farenheit 9/11' he accepted all events on the day at face value, when even the average person is aware that the U.S. Government carried out the attacks.

He goes after personalities to make himself look like a personality.

I'm annoyed with him because he undermines the real issues, he soft-pedals
hard facts, and he conveniently ignores anything that doesn't fit into his "cult of personality" regarding the figures he targets.

mike moore had his chance with "Farenheit" he blew it, and he will be a footnote of a footnote when the Philosophers and Historians of the future look back on our times.

*Edited to remove a sentence that contained words circumventing the censor. The sentence contained no substance and had no value, but merely suggested the poster wished to copulate with Moore and Eastwood.
Edited by Thomas Crowne, defender of decency, enemy to dirt!*

[edit on 13-1-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I find it hilarious do to the fact that I enjoy Eastwood and his movies a lot.

And his looks well I have to said he was quite the man in his days

But imagining Clint now at his age telling Moore that he is going to kill him is kind of funny.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Okay, I might be a little slow sometimes, especially since I kicked in the head by a mule, but why exactly is this considered news? Besides wishful thinking?

Oooooh, stop the presses, Liberal Republican jokes around with Michael Moore at a dinner party.

We'll follow this up with, "this one guy, this one time, stopped at a gas station to fill up his car. Wondered what diesel fuel would do to his unleaded engine, then bought a Hot Rod magazine and went home".

News at Eleven.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chaosica
look at 'farenheit 9/11' he accepted all events on the day at face value, when even the average person is aware that the U.S. Government carried out the attacks.

So Michael Moore is in Bush's pocket. And the average American thinks the government carried out the 9/11 attacks...whatever!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

mike moore had his chance with "Farenheit" he blew it

Winner of Palmes d'Or (peak prize) at Cannes Film Festival.

People's Choice award for best movie 2004, over The Incredibles and every other piece of Hollywood.

Biggest grossing documentary film of all time.

How exactly did Moore "blow it"?

He will spin Clint Eastwood's threat out and dine on it for a long time, in the same way he got stuck into Charlton Heston's inept fronting of the NRA. With great celebrity comes no responsibility.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yeah that sounds like the right. Kill everyone that disagrees with you. Even if you don't like Moore you can't have much respect for an idiot like Eastwood.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Really?, so you know for certain that most people in the US think exactly like you?., that the US carried the attacks of 9/11?.....

[edit on 13-1-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

mike moore had his chance with "Farenheit" he blew it

Winner of Palmes d'Or (peak prize) at Cannes Film Festival.

People's Choice award for best movie 2004, over The Incredibles and every other piece of Hollywood.

Biggest grossing documentary film of all time.

Most liberal celebrities would have given the same prize to Saddam if he was still in power in Iraq for speaking against the Bush administration....even if he was one of the worse tyrants in the world..

BTW, Moore's films are mock-umentaries, no documentaries...

There is no shred of truth in what he directs or films...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Even though I have defended the facts in Moore's documentary in F-9/11, I have my doubts about Micheal Moore's integrity as far as his agenda goes. It would be quite an example of the law of opposites if Moore turned out to have an agenda to help those he attacks...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
LOL

"Ask yourself this question, Do i feel like it?.....well, do ya, punk?"

"This is a 44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world" etc etc

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Michael Moore couldnt care less, he's laughing
all the way to the bank.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
Yeah that sounds like the right. Kill everyone that disagrees with you. Even if you don't like Moore you can't have much respect for an idiot like Eastwood.

It was most likely a joke man, the problem with the news is that you cannot hear the man's tone of voice or face when he said it.

I love Eastwood and I damn near wrecked my keyboard spitting out my soda when I read this

Though for the record, I read once in I think Playboy that Eastwood considered himself a Libertarian.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Muaddib: Too much spice, return to Geidi Prime and your uncle

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Any wonder why I named my first born after Clint Eastwood?

Marge, let's think about this for a moment; a 75 year old who is obviously in good shape -v- a grossly obese, out of shape tub of lard who lifts 1/4 pounders with cheese as weights.

My money is on the old guy, not only because Clint is in better shape, but because experience and treachery will always win.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Any wonder why I named my first born after Clint Eastwood?

Because he threatens people who he disagrees with with death? I have no doubt after this that Michael Moore will have a .45 waiting for Clint if he ever comes around Moore's house.

As a somewhat civilized nation, I thought we moved past deuling each other to settle ideological differences.

I mean, it's amazing that people are willing to fight over those they have never even met, i.e. Bush.

Disclaimer: This works both ways. If you have an opinion about democrats in re:, look at the last election.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hey Thomas I seen the cuts on Eastwood last movie he still look like in hard
break ridge, But still he is old you know.

Now Hugh Jackman, he looks like a younger version of Clint, humm.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
From the original post article:

But, in this case, Moore's rep told me yesterday: "Michael laughed along with everyone else, and took Mr. Eastwood's comments in the lighthearted spirit in which they were given."

If Moore felt Eastwood's comments were made in jest and thought they were humorous - why should anyone else have a problem with it? If Moore had been offended or did not see the comments as a joke - he would have said something, this man is not shy.

B.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Okay, I personally believe Clint could take him. Michael's just to out of shape.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Wow, how P.C. can we get. Clint Eastwood tells creepy Michael Moore that he will kill him if he ever shows up at his front door. I don't consider that a threat. I consider it one man telling another to stay away.

Geez, that sounds about right to me. So, unless MM is dense, he knows just where he stands and will not bother Eastwood again.
Haven't any of you P.C. people ever said that or something similar to anyone. *sheesh*
Please, please, tell me, how do you get someone with a paparazzi mentality to stay away? How would you get someone you have little use for the not bother you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join