It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple question about Hillary's e-mail issues.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So the apologists have found all sorts of ways to spin this saying things like "the e-mails were classified after the fact", but there is a problem here and I am kind of amazed that more don't see it.

Hillary only had this ONE active e-mail server to do ALL her e-mail business on. Yes she may have had an account on the government server, but she admitted to not using it due to the "too many balckberry" reason.

So she only had this ONE account going though this ONE server. Is the world to assume that in her entire time as Secretary of State for the United States of America, that she never ONCE dealt with a classified message in her e-mail? After all, that is the position that could land her in the same, or more trouble than General Patreaus had.

But if she isn't charged with any wrongdoing with this, how on earth can ANYONE EVER be charged with the same crime in the future? they can point to this one legal precedent and get off, scott free.

She should be in jail, not running for president.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The Clintons are teflon, she'll never be indicted. I've read that the FBI is just furious and all up in arms about the fact that the AG's office won't take action against her and yea, I believe you're correct, i.e., this is the same thing that got Patreaus in trouble.

Problem is however that the Clinton's have all the dirt on all the scumbags in Washington so nobody will touch them. Dennis Hastert wouldn't have been nailed if he hadn't pissed on somebodies Post Toasties.

So.....its Hilary's turn to be President and that just means another sucky 8 years of broken government, ever higher national debt, another awful recession with higher unemployment and probably another war somewhere.

Bummer really.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
"Classified" after the fact because the State Dept never had an opportunity to see her emails until she was forced to turn them over long after she left office.

Then the FOIA requests were upheld in court, and the SD was forced to read every word.

At that point, they were forced to go by the book for once.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

This investigation has gross negligence written all over it. This typically results in jail time and major fines, but like always we will see that powerful people are above the law.

The language of her NDA suggests it was Clinton’s responsibility to ascertain whether information shared through her private email server was, in fact, classified.

“I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with appropriate management authorities in the Department … in order to ensure that I know whether information or material within my knowledge or control that I have reason to believe might be SCI,” the agreement says.

Source

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Youve gotta wonder what David Patreaus thinks about all this......

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Maybe the State Dept. Has different rules governing it but in the DoD it doesn't matter what classification marking it had on it or when. It's the information contained that makes it classified, not the marking.

And ignorance does not provide a defense or excuse.

If any young private in the armed services had done what she did, they would have been locked up forever from the word go.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Youve gotta wonder what David Patreaus thinks about all this......

I'd love to hear his opinion (free from any political pressure) on how it's OK for Hillbeast, but not for him and others.
It was very telling when the reversed some of the force they were applying to his punishment when all this first came out. But the cat was already out of the bag at that point.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I agree with you 100%.

But it just occurred to me that not only will his not go anywhere, but normal people will still be charged,and convicted and this case will never be used as a legal "out"... And Hillary WILL be president. God I hope I'm wrong.

How depressing? Talk about above the law much? Us peasants will never have a voice on this matter .

Lame.
All I can do is pick up my guitar...
More effective than a ballot me thinks

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
double post

edit on 25-4-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

So the apologists have found all sorts of ways to spin this saying things like "the e-mails were classified after the fact", but there is a problem here and I am kind of amazed that more don't see it.

I'm no expert on the subject, but what I heard in an interview, was that Clinton maintains that all "Classified" documents were hand delivered by courier, and never sent through emails.

Also, David Patreaus was accused of actually sharing Classified information with a civilian, who he was having an extra-marital affair with, and who was writing his biography. Clinton isn't being accused of sharing information, just being negligent in its handling. I don't see the comparison.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
this is simple political assassination, just like the benghazi hearings, as confirmed by republican senators hanna and mccarthy

nobody cares that george bush used private e-mail servers, and that a lot of them were "lost"

link

that is how I know this is purley political

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
yes, very difficult to believe that as secretary of state that she never once received or sent an E-mail that had classified info in it.If that is true then I think maybe she was a very incompetent secretary of state and would be an equally incompetent president.

The thing that made me a hillary hater is that back when slick willy was being accused by numerous women of having affairs hillary went on national TV and said it was all lies and a "vast right wing conspiracy" against bill.
after bill admitted to one of those accusations hillary never went on national TV to appologize for for her slanderous and untrue accusations against an entire sector of the voting public.

if she`s women enough to make the accusations she should be women enough to appologize when bill admits that he is guilty and there was in fact no vast conspiracy against him.she`s a very small and dishonorable women not worthy of holding the highest office in the land.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I'm no expert on the subject, but what I heard in an interview, was that Clinton maintains that all "Classified" documents were hand delivered by courier, and never sent through emails.

Yes, that is what she said, but according to the DOJ, there were quite a few classified messages on her server, so I do believe it's remotely possible that Hillary lied about this to try to save her ass. (I realize that is a huge assumption to make given her record on honesty)

Also, David Patreaus was accused of actually sharing Classified information with a civilian, who he was having an extra-marital affair with, and who was writing his biography. Clinton isn't being accused of sharing information, just being negligent in its handling. I don't see the comparison.

Actually, the law has to do with mishandling classified information. The details while they may explain the case, aren't specific.
www.law.cornell.edu...

(a) Whoever knowingly and willfully communicates, furnishes, transmits, or otherwise makes available to an unauthorized person, or publishes, or uses in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United States or for the benefit of any foreign government to the detriment of the United States any classified information— (1) concerning the nature, preparation, or use of any code, cipher, or cryptographic system of the United States or any foreign government; or (2) concerning the design, construction, use, maintenance, or repair of any device, apparatus, or appliance used or prepared or planned for use by the United States or any foreign government for cryptographic or communication intelligence purposes; or (3) concerning the communication intelligence activities of the United States or any foreign government; or (4) obtained by the processes of communication intelligence from the communications of any foreign government, knowing the same to have been obtained by such processes— Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both. (b) As used in subsection (a) of this section— The term “classified information” means information which, at the time of a violation of this section, is, for reasons of national security, specifically designated by a United States Government Agency for limited or restricted dissemination or distribution; The terms “code,” “cipher,” and “cryptographic system” include in their meanings, in addition to their usual meanings, any method of secret writing and any mechanical or electrical device or method used for the purpose of disguising or concealing the contents, significance, or meanings of communications;

And from reports, some of this information passed through a person without clearance. While I also doubt the teflon bitch will see any charges over this, the law is pretty clear, and what she did, is also pretty clear.

And those without IT understanding really don't know how deep this goes. Was that her only server? Did she ever upgrade it? Did she ever change out hard drives? If so, were they destroyed properly? Did Gulcifer get any data from her server?

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

I vote for imprisoned, but then, I don't get a meaningful vote.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

The thing that made me a hillary hater is that back when slick willy was being accused by numerous women of having affairs hillary went on national TV and said it was all lies and a "vast right wing conspiracy" against bill. after bill admitted to one of those accusations hillary never went on national TV to appologize for for her slanderous and untrue accusations against an entire sector of the voting public.

Since her 'vast right wing conspiracy' fell flat, her supporters have taken to using the term 'witch hunt'.
Funny, that, since many view Hillary as the closest embodiment to the classic Hollywood version of the evil witch.

Now, since I used the term 'Hollywood', I hope that I will not be taken to task for saying the word 'witch' (it has happened before.... real Wiccans bitching that I used 'witch' as synonymous with 'evil'), I have yet to see a leftwinger get any guff for using the term 'witch hunt'.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
this is simple political assassination, just like the benghazi hearings, as confirmed by republican senators hanna and mccarthy

nobody cares that george bush used private e-mail servers, and that a lot of them were "lost"

link

that is how I know this is purley political

I wasn't aware that George Bush was running for president of the United States again?

Aside from that, should there still be a law on the books about classified data? I mean, if you can't get in trouble for it, the law seems a bit pointless. (kind of like the immigration laws)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

The same way Bush and Cheney committed treason and walked Scot free. That's the way it goes when you are elite.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Clinton isn't being accused of sharing information, just being negligent in its handling.

Through her negligence, it is obvious that she shared them with the hacker Guccifer.
I would be willing to bet that she 'shared' with Chinese intelligence agencies also.

After she was told by people at the State Department that her personal Blackberry and her homebrew server were not acceptable to use for official business.... yet she continued to use both, is it still negligence???

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

The same way Bush and Cheney committed treason and walked Scot free. That's the way it goes when you are elite.

what does that have to do with Hillary mishandling classified documents?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: damwel

what does that have to do with Hillary mishandling classified documents?

It provides Hillary supporters a means of deflection?
That's all I can think of.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The only thing anyone is really going to care about is what damage was done to national security. Everything after that is simply fighting over administrative details. We know the last half dozen or so Sec States have had done the same thing. We know none of this was a secret and that it was business as usual. As far as we know their were no breaches of the server. So any criminal part would ask what damage was done to national security and was this an act of espionage.

I have seen many of these sorts of things play out and never seen it lead to criminal charges unless it was a deliberate act of espionage. In cases where damage was done normally some sort of demotion or administrative punishment is used. I have seen people lose clearances before when documents were sent to people who did not have a clearance for them. In those cases the documents were seen by American personnel who did not have access but, were also not considered great risks to national security.

So the real questions will be what was in the documents and what threat to national security they posed if seen by an enemy and did and enemy gain access to the documents.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join