It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My tiny little workshop. Everyone has to start somewhere :)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
I would never trust myself in a workshop with that much glass...

It's not that I'm clumsy or anything. I have been known to throw a few things when materials try my patience.

Very brave of you.

I am pretty careful although it was a close call when I left the chuck key in the pillar drill

Luckily the door was open and it flew off into the garden.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific. . . the door was open and it flew off into the garden.

far better than into your eye!

Congrats on all the work done.

Dog bed looks attractive.

You might want to consider a version with higher sides for a loose towel or mini-blanket to be used on top of the pad without spilling all out on the floor constantly.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

originally posted by: nonspecific. . . the door was open and it flew off into the garden.

far better than into your eye!

Congrats on all the work done.

Dog bed looks attractive.

You might want to consider a version with higher sides for a loose towel or mini-blanket to be used on top of the pad without spilling all out on the floor constantly.

The one with the cushion is for a tiny dog and designed to have a blanket wrapped round the cushion, the other one has a lot higher sides for that exact reason.

Thank you very much, I have to make some doggy bunk beds next week, that should be a bit more interesting!

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
How much cash would create a good workshop?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: thejames

How long is a piece of string?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I think having a party in my shop would be somewhat hazardous. Not in a health and safety related way...

Basically, there is too much stuff, but I need all of it, probably more than I have. The problem is not one of mere organisation. The issue is that there is no way to organise the sheer amount of crap that I have, without it becoming astoundingly obvious that the space is simply not large enough to properly contain all of it, and since that is a problem which is beyond fixing, it's best to entirely ignore it and keep grinding away, like a deranged axe man the night before an execution.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I am so jealous

:-)

Enjoy yourself - happy making

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: thejames

on a serious note however

What do you mean by a good workshop?

I have over the past year spent around £1000 on my little one, mainly by buying second hand or budget branded tools to get me started.

My friend on the other hand who has an actual workshop has over the past 10 years spent £10-15,000 and yet we still have lots of tools that we "need".

To give you an idea though my little table saw I bought brand new and it cost £99.99, I had been looking out for a second hand one by a decent manufacturer and always kept missing out so I gave in and bought it so I at least had something to get me going.

When I got it set up I was actually really quite suprised at how good it was for such a cheap thing and with a few modifications it will last me a long time, it can do most of the things that one that would cost more than my tiny workshop set me back and what it can't I can work around.

My compound mitre saw I got on Ebay and it cost me £50 and it's a beast of a thing and will quite happily eat through 3x3 hardwood all day long and the only thing one that cost £600 has over it is a fancy name and a longer lifespan but at £50 I really do not care.

What kind of workshop are you wanting? Woodwork, metalwork, all round mancave pottering shed?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: grayeagle

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Wow thats a lot of money. For my workshop im looking to do screen printing and art stuff so would be a mix of tools and equipment mixed with some high tech cameras and printers.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: thejames

I used to do screen printing years ago, I had a 4 station 6 colour carousel but sold all my gear years ago when times were hard.

I have a 24 inch vintl cutter and a heatpress in my tinly little office and plan to make some screens at some point as the vinyl cutter can be used instead of photoemulision screen making.

I will show you a pic of my tiny little office when I have a chance to tidy up a bit lol.

Just keep buying little bits at a time.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Nice set up that Nonspecific. I'm envious. Moving in to the new house in two weeks and have a few tool purchases lined up. Despite my previous tool snobbery I'll be buying Clarke.

edit on 20-5-2016 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Nice set up that Nonspecific. I'm envious. Moving in to the new house in two weeks and have a few tool purchases lined up. Despite my previous tool snobbery I'll be buying Clarke.

If your not going down the spend thousands on a drill route then I would have a look at Erbauer and titan from screwfix, I have been seriously impressed with the build quality and reliability of some of that stuff at such a stupid price.

My table saw was only a hundred quid and even a mate who has a Wadkin industrial table saw couldn't fault it for the money.

I was chuffed to bits the other day when I did some work for my mate and he gave me a gas second fix nail gun and a chainsaw. Not sure why I need a chainsaw but it makes you feel like a proper man!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Can u build me a hatch for my bunker?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
Can u build me a hatch for my bunker?

So you decided on a bunker over a an or a tent then?

Rather you than me digging is one of my least favourite things to do.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I might just do that. Cheers. What welding gear are you after?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

I might just do that. Cheers. What welding gear are you after?

I have changed my mind on getting some welding gear for the time being as I have decided I absolutely cannot live without a CNC machine lol.

I have been looking into some absurdly cheap Chinese ones on ebay that are about £450 quid!

I was speaking to a bloke that also got a Chinese import combi that is a Tig welder, arc welder and plasma cutter in one and it was actually really good and only £250 And was thinking that I could combine it with my soon to be owned CNC Router.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I like your thinking. Would be good to have a cnc machine.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join