It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

My tiny little workshop. Everyone has to start somewhere :)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I thought I would show some pics of my tiny workshop.

The more astute of you may notice that it is in fact a conservatory and Mrsnonspecific is a very patient lady

I lost all my tools years ago so about a year ago had to start from scratch, second hand and budget brands with a few kindly donations from friends but I am getting there slowly.

A friend is possibly taking on a smallholding soon with some big outbuildings so might get a proper workshop again and the chance to get some proper tools but until then this will have to do.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
What kind of stuff do you build? Just general woodworking?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Small as it is, I'm envious! Will you post some pics if you get an outbuilding sorted?

I'm limited on space too, so mostly hand tools. I claim its because I like the hard work, but that's a fib.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

F**k!! You've really made the most of that space. Well played

Call me Sherlock, there's no sawdust on the floor and all the tools are on shelves.

I bet it usually looks like the back of a builder's van on a Saturday afternoon.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You're off to a good start. I take it you're in a house, as the noise level from the tools would drive neighbors crazy; unless you had good sound proofing.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
how many times has mrsnonspecific reminded you that you could use all that to build a shed?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Nice stuff! I always wanted a mini machine shop with a mini lathe, mini mill and mini drill press.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Ok it looks like a shop...

It's a secret bar...

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
little by little, you will reach your goals

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Nice!

It's a hell of a lot tidier than my workshop is these days. I have been feeding from the teat of chaos lately, and must change diet in order to bring some sort of order to things!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I am in the process of turning an 8ft.X 8ft. storage shed into a workshop to further my lapidary craft. I have it wired and lights in. Now must build some work benches and storage. Your organizational skills are evident and an inspiration for me. I will post pictures when complete. Good job!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Wow,can you teach me to get more organized?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

You call it 'tiny', but i'm envious. Its a well-organized space in which you can work. Really work. What could be better than that? I have to drag tools out to a workbench and then carry them back. It's a really big workbench, but still.....

Good on you for making a place to turn your creativity loose.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I have a nice little workshop, people ask me what goes on in there.
My workshop is not a dress shop oh no. Not even a print shop.
My friends ask me is this a cookshop I say now it is a closed shop.
My wife wants me to make it a tea shop, no I say I would rather have a thrift shop.
Some friends ask if it a pawn shop, no I say you goto the sweat shop.
My silly friend thinks it's a fruit shop, that is when I send him to the smoke shop.
Sometimes I want to turn it into a soup shop or even a spice shop.
No it's not a barbershop or a pop-shop (ouch).
But my wife calls it a junk shop, but its not a slop shop or a rag shop,
It's my workshop!

edit on 4 23 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4 23 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
What kind of stuff do you build? Just general woodworking?

Yep woodworking but looking at getting some welding gear soon.

Aside from loving making stuff I hate the fact that most furniture comes in 2 catagories, affordable and terrible quality or great quality and unaffordable. I like what is now called upcycling but I was doing it before it was hip.

My current router table is a little router I got on freecycle and the table is an old laminated kitchen door and the base is some bits of an old pine bed I found in an alley. My spindle sander table is made from the same bed and the sander itself is a 50 year old black and decker drill in a drill stand that i found in a skip mounted from the bottom with some bolts I took out of an old washing machine.

Necessity breeds invention as they say!

I made some prototype dog beds for a new venture that I am trying to get up and running the other day, they are currently in an auction for a dog rescue charity to get some good publicity.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

F**k!! You've really made the most of that space. Well played

Call me Sherlock, there's no sawdust on the floor and all the tools are on shelves.

I bet it usually looks like the back of a builder's van on a Saturday afternoon.

The small space and the fact that it is a conservatory actually help me to be organised! I literally cannot be messy, my old workshop was a 30x20 blockwork building at the bottom of the garden of our old house and it looked like someone had emptied a 6 yard skip into it.

Everything has a place and I know where it is and keeping on top of the dust is a must or me and the dogs drag it into the house and then I have 8 rooms to hoover instead of 1
I have a little wet and dry vac that I use as one dust extractor and the other one under the table saw is made out of an old vax hoover, a beer fermentation bin as a collector and some extra hoses I found on the side of the road.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
You're off to a good start. I take it you're in a house, as the noise level from the tools would drive neighbors crazy; unless you had good sound proofing.

Yep in a 3 bed semi in a large town centre but I back onto an industrial estate and have very good neighbours. They are both at work in the day usually and don't mind the noise in return for having a man that can just next door!

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Nice!

It's a hell of a lot tidier than my workshop is these days. I have been feeding from the teat of chaos lately, and must change diet in order to bring some sort of order to things!

If your anything like me then you never have the time to get organised, It was a mess until a short while ago and I just flipped out when I could not find my adjustable square for the fifteenth time that day and thought sod it, down tools and nothing more gets done until this space is useable.

I put the kettle on and started sorting stuff out, made some quick old school type peg boards for the things I use most, sorted the racking out and put everything that only gets occasional use in the shed.

I spent a day doing that but I think I will have made the time back within a week.

I suggest you get a few beers in and invite a few mates round for a tidy up and sort out party. I found about £200 worth of tools that I forgot I even had so it was like Christmas for me

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Well that's cool. I take it you're the friendly neighborhood Mr. Fixit.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I would never trust myself in a workshop with that much glass...

It's not that I'm clumsy or anything. I have been known to throw a few things when materials try my patience.

Very brave of you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join