It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince autopsy... but not Scalia..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well regardless of this being to early or not... I just want to point out that typically high profile people get autopsied.

www.billboard.com...

As the world continued to mourn and celebrate the life of Prince, authorities in Minneapolis were preparing to conduct an autopsy on Friday (April 22) to determine what killed the Grammy-winning musical icon.

So.... My question is....

Why wouldn't they do the same for a supreme court judge when clearly there would be even more motives to do so?

Its almost as if they are so comfortable just doing whatever they want that they are getting careless.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Scalia was 79.
Prince was 57.

Scalia was at a place with no coroner.
Prince was in Minneapolis.

edit on 4/23/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Are you saying that they couldn't fly someone in?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Scalia was 79.
Prince was 57.

Scalia was at a place with no coroner.
Prince was in Minneapolis.

Scalia was 79 and had been to see his physician within the last month for issues that could result in death but were not immediately life-threatening.

Prince was 57 and been in the hospital six days prior for an overdose of percocet.

Scalia was at a place with no coroner, but had a Justice of the Peace that could have ordered an autopsy, but didn't. In fact, the Justice of the Peace didn't even feel the need to see his body. The Justice of the Peace relied on a physician note that Scalia had ongoing health issues in determining 'natural causes.'

Prince was in Minneapolis and is having an autopsy even though physicians could attest that he had been to the hospital six days prior for treatment of an overdose.

Neither man's death was attended.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Makes you wonder about political "priorities" and agendas doesn't it.

Lots of things were exposed about some people involved in the death of Scalia.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Prince was 57 and been in the hospital six days prior for an overdose of percocet.

Source?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Well I think the only explanation is Minneapolis lacks a Justice of the Peace "Cinderella".

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Phage is right.

While I am in the camp of wanting Scalia to have had an autopsy because who knows?

The age made a huge difference here. Anybody over about 65 or 70 (unless there are signs of foul play) usually doesn't have an autopsy. Younger folks with no ongoing illness (cancer, heart disease, etc.) always have an autopsy sanctioned by the state whether the family wants it or not.

Prince was not super young, but not elderly either... and healthy as far as we know. We also don't really know what condition he was found in and whether they had other suspicions from the scene to go on. Since they publicly suspected an overdose (rumored in the media) an autopsy would be needed if they were to ever need to press charges against his doctor (as in the Jackson case) or others (as in the Anna Nichole case).
edit on 4/23/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

This is a non issue especially when different counties have different rules.

Did you happen to research info on that county?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

My mothers side is full of fat italians. They never tend to last very long.

edit on 23-4-2016 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Source?

As of yet, the sources have remained 'unnamed,' however every mainstream news sources has seized on and reported on it.

Furthermore, whether his treatment six days prior was for the flu (as Prince's spokesperson claimed) or for an overdose....or for some other reason, there is no question that he was hospitalized six days prior to his death after collapsing. This is a point that is not disputed, a point that Prince admitted, and this is the point I was trying to make.

Whatever it was that caused him to collapse, it was only six days prior and so why not just get a doctor's note about it and waive the autopsy all together?

Like the Justice of the Peace did for Scalia.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

As of yet, the sources have remained 'unnamed,' however every mainstream news sources has seized on and reported on it.
So. No source then but the more often something is repeated on the internet, the truer it is?

Whatever it was that caused him to collapse, it was only six days prior and so why not just get a doctor's note about it and waive the autopsy all together?

Because Scalia was 79. Because Prince was 57. Because Scalia was not in a place with a coroner. Because Prince was in Minneapolis.

edit on 4/23/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

So. No source then.

Because Scalia was 79. Because Prince was 57. Because Scalia was not in a place with a coroner. Because Prince was in Minneapolis.

No source for the point that is completely irrelevant, but many sources for the point I was making: Prince collapsed six days prior, was treated, he claimed to have been treated for the flu, but it's possible it was an overdose -- or even something else. It doesn't matter.

Are you trying to claim that the Justice of the Peace in Marfa could never have ordered an autopsy?

I hope all murderers-in-waiting are paying attention, because Marfa is where they need to lure their prey if they want to get away with murder.

But you and I both know the Justice of the Peace could have easily ordered an autopsy. No need to play dumb on that.

edit on 23-4-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

but many sources for the point I was making:

No. Just one source. This one.
www.tmz.com...
The rest are just repeating it.

Are you trying to claim that the Justice of the Peace in Marfa could never have ordered an autopsy?
No.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

www.tmz.com...

No.

Oh geez. Well, I guess it's all irrelevant as the Medical Examiner will be considering BOTH his medical record AND an autopsy.

It's cool they want to be through and professional, rather than half-ass like with Scalia.

Link to SOURCE

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

This surprises me. In the UK, older age without co-morbidities is certainly worth investigation, especially if that person is active and independent.

edit on 23-4-2016 by Morrad because: grammar correction

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Following that logic they might not bother to autopsy Yoko Ono because she smoked?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It should be a requirement if you're in a position of such power to have an autopsy just to rule out any wild theories, it's good practice to have extra data.

Plus 20 years isn't that big a difference when wanting to rule of unnatural causes such as homicide.

We live in the year 2016, there is more cynicism than facts more distrust than acceptance, why not go the extra bit and make things 100% ?

Just all seems halffast

Not to mention the issues Scalia's death resulted in, you'd think you would want to be thorough.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

www.tmz.com...

No.

Oh geez. Well, I guess it's all irrelevant as the Medical Examiner will be considering BOTH his medical record AND an autopsy.

It's cool they want to be through and professional, rather than half-ass like with Scalia.

Link to SOURCE

With regard to the medical investigation into Prince's death: An autopsy, review of medical and family history...AND....

.."ANYTHING which could be relevant to the investigation will be taken into consideration."

Wow.

Scalia had a LIFETIME appointment as a SCOTUS justice. Death is one of very few ways to open his seat.

But was that possible motive taken into consideration, at all? Nah. But *tut tut,* Scalia died in Marfa, Texas, so they weren't legally bound to do an autopsy. They COULD have. But they didn't have to, so they didn't. Clearly, the public's interest was not important in that decision. It leaves me wondering why it wasn't important.

I have a right to wonder and speculate why the public doesn't matter. In light of many other instances where significant public interest didn't matter either, I have a right to suspect the worst.

Those in power of important investigations that fall short of satisfying public interest, are simply trying to hide the truth from the public. That's my suspicion and I have every right to it.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

So. No source then.

No source for the point that is completely irrelevant, but many sources for the point I was making: Prince collapsed six days prior, was treated, he claimed to have been treated for the flu, but it's possible it was an overdose -- or even something else. It doesn't matter.

I hope all murderers-in-waiting are paying attention, because Marfa is where they need to lure their prey if they want to get away with murder.

But you and I both know the Justice of the Peace could have easily ordered an autopsy. No need to play dumb on that.

The judge handling the inquest was honoring a request from Scalia's own family that no autopsy be performed. There is no law in Texas mandating autopsies nor is there a federal law mandating autopsies on all federal office holders. Between the request from Scalia's family and his known medical issues as stated by his own physician, there was no exigency.

Prince was a health nut who was still actively performing on stage and there were concerns regarding issues with pain meds for his screwed up hips, no sign of foul play and he was found dead in an elevator, not in bed like Scalia. The coroner felt an autopsy was necessary thus it was performed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join