It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else picky about giving stars?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
IDK about the rest of the ATS world but when im reading through all of your threads and posts and I come across a really great post I have to star it. But then some of the posts are like "Meh" I guess that was a post. Only if I feel the post was truly thought out and not completely off the rocker then I will star it. What fits your star criteria ATSers? Do you star the crazies? Are we all crazy?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

I love giving stars because people contribute and put their ideas up. I may well not agree but a good reply deserves a star in my book. I often flag as well if I think its important for people to read a thread.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I'm also pretty picky when it comes to giving stars or flagging threads. Threads that are click-baity, I never flag, or ones that have misleading titles, or flat out don't say what the thread is going to be about until you click on it.

If it's a well presented thread, where I see some effort actually went into it, I will flag it.

As for stars, if I find a reply interesting, sure, I'll throw them a star. Then if I make a reply in a thread, and someone replies to me, just for the simple fact they took the time to write specifically to me, I will give them a star, even if it's negative towards me.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I'm not really picky about my stars, I'll give a star to anyone who: makes me chuckle, makes an informative post, a star to those who reply to me as an acknowledgement, etc.

It's the flags I'm picky about.
I save those for the threads I personally deem worthy.

And to answer your last question: yes, we are all crazy here.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

After meeting a fellow member and watching him log into three accounts to star his own posts - I no longer put any weight or give any meaning to stars or flags.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Three goes? He has time for that, my mind goes into boggle?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

After meeting a fellow member and watching him log into three accounts to star his own posts - I no longer put any weight or give any meaning to stars or flags.

That's just sad.. That guy needs to get a life.

Ya know I have noticed things like that here with certain members, they instantly have loads of stars on a post, and have always thought it a bit suspicious.
Even though their comment might be mundane, or pointless.
And of course with crowd mentality other people will star the post automatically without thinking about it, thus giving the user even more.

As for stars.. I will give them to good comments or ones I agree with, but generally they don't mean anything...
edit on 21/4/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
When I am the author of a thread I usually give everyone who took the time to reply a star unless they post something to piss me off. Think about it. When someone takes the time to reply they bump the thread which hopefully allows more to see something you thought was worthy of posting to begin with. I am a drive by flag and star person even if I do not post in an authored thread; usually because the title and the subject interest me..

Ten billion stars/flags and ten bucks will probably buy you a cup of coffee and donuts in most countries...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I like giving stars. If i am in a good mood, I give more willingly.

I hate accidentally giving stars by fat finger. I cant take stars back.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

LMAO!
Wouldn't that be nice to star and flag yourself or even make reply's to yourself... I guess if no one is responding to you, who better to star and flag than... yourself... you could appear to be well liked even though your posts are nonsense!😃

Seriously though, I star posts that I like and or agree with, posts that help me to see another side of an issue or open my mind and people that respond to me.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

I'm not into news threads, politics or religion. ( read abouth them everyday on other outlets) I star threads that I can read and obtain knowledge from. I do not normally star argumentive/negative people although I do see that they can be starred by those that agree with their point in an OP.

In saying that I do occasionally flag and star others that express the truth that I believe in. Common knowledge type readings.

There are those I cannot star who appear obsessive to put down and win an argument/point against anyone for the sake of a disagreement. Perhaps they can be awarded a 'black star' to cancel their progression against common sense. Black stars would negate an accumilative progression of normal stars and maybe put those persons in their respective places.

My thoughts and kindest regards,

Bally.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I star like crazy.Posts i agree with,posts i disagree with that makes a good point,posts that make me laugh,makes me think,inspires me..a boatload of interesting info,perspectives,humour and opinions here,so when it comes to starring im like a kid in a candy store

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I am very picky.

Sometimes i think though that stars are given out because one member likes another rather than because they are making a good point.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I give out stars like candy. Except to those who seldom star or flag anyone. They seldom get one from me. And yes, over time, you can tell who they are.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

You give stars? I don't think I've ever starred anyone in 6 years...????

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
I star like crazy.Posts i agree with,posts i disagree with that makes a good point,posts that make me laugh,makes me think,inspires me..a boatload of interesting info,perspectives,humour and opinions here,so when it comes to starring im like a kid in a candy store

Same here, I click that star thing like crazy.
You said something witty? Star for you!
You used logic to make me think? ( grumble-grumble) Star for you!

Flags are for topics I'm interested in, odd topics that bring information I didn't know I was interested in, sometimes posters that are just trying like hell, they may not get it right, but hey, they tried.
They'll get better with encouragement.

727Sky LOVE your avatar and have for years....sadly I Star the Siamese who just says screw it and bugs right out of there....prolly more than I should.

Roxanne you've gotten lots because despite you posting really neat info, one time somewhere in ATS cyberspace you mentioned you didn't think people liked you very much, and the humanity of that touched me. Should have said it in that thread, but I do enjoy reading your posts.

and14263
Curmudgeonly tho you are, and I don't agree with some of your posts you usually make me think things thru. I hate being dragged to thinking but there it is. Dammit!

Lots of time I don't have anything to say so just S&F and move along. I just enjoy reading.
Stars and Flags are free, no sense saving them for a rainy day people!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I thought that there was some kind of issue that affected star counts (people with a thousand posts having a gazillion stars due to some algorithm issue)...?

Does giving stars matter?
(Not being a wise-guy; asking sincerely)

edit on 21-4-2016 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Are we all crazy?

Yes.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
What are you saving them for?
Have you ever seen a U-haul following a hearse?
So, go ahead, give 'em out nilly willy, you can't take them with you....

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I star the shizz outa you all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join