It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are you from and what is your country or state known for...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

South Germany, we´re known for Mercedes, Porsche, great wine and Denglisch

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Awesome place...

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Well, you have beaches! As a scuba diver, I envy this. It´s far to cold and nothing to see in the East or Northsee, let alone the mudpits that have 7°C. Any reefs at your location?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Bonnie Scotland

Whisky , Ginger people ,Drunks , Single mothers , Drunks , Deep fried mars bars and the highest drug use in Europe , Drunks , Bagpipes , Drunks .

O and this little list
and drunks www.magicdragon.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam
and haggis and kilts?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

How could i have forgotten those two

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Napa Valley, 'where the wine is bottled poetry' or some crap. The world famous 'wine growing' region. Makes me lol every time. Dude, since when does wine grow on grapevines!?!

Also, NorCal is known for the slang word 'Hella'. Go down to SoCal and use that word, they'll be all like your from NorCal.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Napa is a beautiful place. Thank you for your cool reply.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
a reply to: chefc14

I work with food, at home, because I like to eat it!

But seriously, I love trying new foods. My sister in law just married a man from Jordan, who works in a store/restaurant that caters to the middle eastern population. Its heaven to me, because my small town has none of the amazing things he sells/cooks. (He makes the best hummus I have ever had, and I can't seem to replicate it.) Ideally I like to make "good for you" stuff that tastes great. But that doesn't always happen in my kitchen (i.e the fried oreos).

What kind of stuff do you make? Is it uber fancy?

Wow, sorry for the lack of response. Apparently I don't check back often enough. I used to work dinners where I mostly enjoyed working sauté. I cooked a lot of white fish with citrus noisette, an Indian vegetable rice noodle dish, pork loin in balsamic and honey reduction, sauted chicken in a fresh made ragout and a few other dishes. I created features and made sure everyone else had their mis en place, fancy French culinary term for things in place for service. I now work in the morning overseeing all of the buffets and events happening in the morning and for lunch. I really enjoy making soups and sauces.
So the hummus recipe looks right on to me that was posted here. I do like to add lots of garlic and occasionally roasted red peppers. Not too many people make it home made. I do like to make hummus, tabouli and occasionally kibbee. My great grandmother was from Lebanon and I learned a few tricks from HR, I wish I could have learned more.
edit on 15-9-2016 by chefc14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
California. Shamefully, I'm not sure what we're known for, beyond stereotypical cliches lol. Hippies? Sillicon Valley? Hollywood?

I haven't traveled out of my little neck of the woods much in my life. (I can count the number of times I've even left this state on one hand.) For my area I would say we are likely known to the rest of the world for Redwoods, bridges, cable cars, antique street cars, and aquatic nature preserves. (And increasingly, a lot of video game development, publishing, and media.)

But firsthand, to me, this area is known for weird out of the way shops in Chinatown, massive multi-building encompassing murals, multicultural beauty & diversity, head shops, old architecture (some amazing gothic style churches for instance,) and while it may sound odd to most, a certain giant park I like to walk through and pretend is a forest.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Key West, FL!
yeah, gay parade it is, every year.
Apart from that- the Southermost point, 70 miles to Cuba, beautiful beaches, lots of iguanas, lighthouse and tons of nice people. Come visit.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MariaConsuelo

The Keys have awesome bars! Hog's Breath Saloon...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join