It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are you from and what is your country or state known for...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: eldemie
Hello, you county sounds amazing

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: alldaylong

YOU LIVE IN THE SHIRE ! ! ! Do you know Frodo?

I watch midsummer murders and it all has that quaint fairytale look.

I know all those people except Neville Chamberlain ???

If you like Tolkien you may be interested in this:-

visitbirmingham.com...

Neville Chamberlain was U.K. Prime Minster at the time war broke out with Nazi Germany.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: feedmemore

for some reason this has me LOL.....and....boomhoward....accents all day long

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

YUMMM!!! now now....add some empanadas and we are good as gold!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: eldemie

Sounds great. Here is Some food for you

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Im from Newcastle, NSW Australia. I live right near the coast, basically a few miles. i work as an environmental scientist and occupational hygienist. i perform enviro assessments and contamination assessments and hazardous material building surveys and asbestos related work.

I live on the lower mid Eastern coast of Australia. The city of Newcastle is the second oldest city in Australia following Sydney, originally known for its redwood timber which was floated down river from the Upper Hunter Valley river town known as Morpeth. Significant coal deposits were identified in the cliffs surrounding Newcastle, and the Hunter Valley has extensive coal reserves in what is known as the Geological formation known as the Sydney Basin located within the New England Fold Belt, which has several extensive deposits of separate coal layers, high quality black coal.

Newcastle Port is one of the largest coal exporting ports in the world, 211 million tonnes were exported in 2015. The Upper Hunter Valley area is extensively littered with huge open cut coal mines which is a huge economic sector of the local community.

Newcastle had a huge steel manufacturing history with over 10,000 people employed at the Newcastle BHP facility at Mayfield, operations slowed down during the mid 90's and ceased around 2001. The site is heavily contaminated and i was involved in the remediation project where 1.4 million cubic metres of sediment was dreged from the Hunter River and mixed with concrete to stabilize the material and buried in a large cell on the opposite side of the river, Kooragang Island.

the temperature ranges from mid 50's to 110 in the peak of summer. Population is approximately 350,000 people, its around the 7th largest city in Australia.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BeReasonable

Your city sounds beautiful!!!

You wear a mask at work right? LOL

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Cheese, sausage, beer, fat people, and Harley-Davidson.

We are Chicago's biggest subdivision and have a beautiful spot on Lake Michigan.

Summerfest is the biggest reason to come here, and the Harley rallies...

Brutal winters, Hot humid summers, spring and fall are ok.

edit on 22-4-2016 by curiouspatience because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2016 by curiouspatience because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Liverpool UK and known for the Beatles, a so called super port up and coming, our unique accent and sense of humour

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I am from Holland, in Europe...
We are a tiny country with a higher density of population then Germany. Our country is localized between (un)Great Brittain and Germany. We are known for producing about 96% of the worlds production of flowers, the first country in the world to legalize smoking of some soft-drugs, and have a state so corrupt that it transfers the money from many rich people around the globe(politicians, bankers and all kind of company's leaders to the (un)known islands like cayman etc..) We once had a communistic party trying to attend our parliament, but got devoted by lack of interest... We where the first to conquer manhattan, lost it from the un(great) brittain, have an long everlasting trade history with Russia, create machines for the creation of Intel and AMD processors and other computer systems to make their processors using these machines, have stupid political structure, lost 196 people with the MH17 crash, are about as lenghty as russian people, eurosceptical, have a big harbor, usually avoid big country's like America or Russia, ignore politics, have the freedom to refrain from voting for parliament, ... Stereotypical we have windmills, tulips and wooden shoes... But most windmills are out of service since the beginning of industrialisation, and wooden shoes are as old as the medieval ages, so only tulips are accurate... And we did hold the finger in the dyke. Otherwise our country will drown under 20 metres or even more water... And we are about to become as fatt as some Americans, .......... Have a few state powered television channels, pay about 1500 euro's a year for almost total payoff of hospitalisation, dokter and many forms of healthcare are up to more then 99% free of charge... And we have about 6 populair DJ's in the DJMAG top 100, including names like Hardwell, Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, Afrojack, Alvaro, Chuckie, Fedde Le Grand, and a few more...

edit on 22-4-2016 by Adolife because: Forgot to mention DJ's

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
wild west, known for Doc Holiday and the Earp brothers.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It's nice that gentlemen from all over the planet think their women are beautiful.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ware2010

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
From California, the state of illegal immigrants and corporations blatant disregard for hiring illegals.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
I like that picture

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: truthseeker84

Same here, Santa Monica.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ware2010

Sometimes I feel living in the Wild West should return. Lol

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Weeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllll, my country is HUGE. We gots lots.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Are you from Kanada! LOL

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Canadians are from Canadia

proof :

Australians are from Australia
Algerians are from Algeria
Bulgarians are from Bulgaria ...

I could go on