It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I guess I need to ask again for you to define scientific.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2

I comprehend it just fine. You howver seen to give it much more meaning that it has.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

I can't comprehend it just fine. You are the one blowing a simple phrase out of proportions and saying it must be a miracle. This thread is so done. You've been proven wrong over and over and you you act like a five year old covering your ears yelling "I can't hear you".

Saying the earth hangs on nothing doesn't means sh7t fu%k all. It's not proof of anything.

THE ONLY THING I CANT GRASP IS YOU ASSIGNING SUPERNATURAL POWER TO A VAGUE PHRASE AND SAYING ITS SCIENTIFIC WHEN IT IS NOT!

What?

Now you're putting words in my mouth. Who said I'm "

saying it must be a miracle"?

It's a simple statement of fact - said 3400 years ago. Which still hold true today.

We still can't see the force that's holding the earth in it's place.

Exactly as the Bible said - "hangs upon nothing".

Proof that the writer knew all along what science discovered a century ago.

BTW - you haven't answered the question of where did the writer of Job get the info from?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Show me where it says the darkness being removed and the stars becoming visible. Here is what it says

11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

There you go. It shows that the earth had plants before the Sun. The earth was made before the stars.

BOOM GENESIS IS NOT SCIENTIFICALLY ACCURATE.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Proof that the writer knew all along what science discovered a century ago.

And no idea of what science discovered 450 years ago? By, arguably the first scientist, that the Earth moves. A notion that religious scholars rejected.

"Hanging on nothing" is not science. Nor is it accurate.
edit on 4/25/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

The writer of job didn't get the information from anyone. How ridiculous are you. It's a simple observation and it proves not a fecking thing.

It's not proof of anything but you said it is. It's not even accurate as the earth is not hanging at all. Stop your childish games and answer any of the other many contradictions I have brought up. You are worse than a five year old. Screw your statement of the earth hangs on nothing. This is nonsense and you know it. You won't address any of my other points.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hanging on nothing isn't proof of anything. Any idiot can say hey there's nothing out there. Big deal.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Where did the writer of genesis get the information from that all plants are good for food ? Answer me for once instead of ignoring all my points like you have done for 20 bloody pages. Your avoidance to that shows how mature you are and how weak your pathetic little arguement is.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

on nothing then how are you able to comprehend Genesis 1?

What's to comprehend?
God did it. That's a pretty simple concept. It also has nothing to do with science in any manner.

Why does it rain? God makes it rain. Not science.

"The Earth hangs on nothing." Meaningless. Not science.

That's the beauty of it. I see a wise creator and science behind it while you can't.

And it allows me to go further, beyond the obvious, to see the purpose of it all.

Why is there life instead of the nothing?

Why the vast universe?

Why the different kinds of planets?

And so much more!!!

[Job 38:31, 33 ESV] 31 "Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades or loose the cords of Orion? ... 33 Do you know the ordinances of the heavens? Can you establish their rule on the earth?

ciao

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

That's the beauty of it. I see a wise creator and science behind it while you can't.

Oh, I could. That's the easy way out.
Don't understand something? God did it.
Why do people get sick? God did it. Let them die.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Phage

Hanging on nothing isn't proof of anything. Any idiot can say hey there's nothing out there. Big deal.

speaking of idiots.

I stated these, several post back...

...thousands of years after the writing of Job, many people came up with different ideas as to what the earth was resting on. One theory says the earth was surrounded by water and that it was floating in these waters. The Hindus believed or conceived of an idea that it was resting on several foundations, one on top of each other: four elephants standing on a giant tortoise, the tortoise rested on a giant serpent where the serpent floated on universal waters. Greek philosopher Empedocles believed the earth rested upon a whirlwind and that this whirlwind was the cause of the motion of the heavenly bodies. Aristotle, on the other hand, taught that the earth was inside a sphere within a sphere where the moon, sun and stars were attached to its transparent surface. The earth according to Aristotle was at the center of the sphere -within- a sphere immobile. His teaching was widely accepted in the 16th and 17th century.

Yet, far ahead of their time. Far ahead of the age of science the Bible writer wrote exactly what we know now.

That the earth really "hangs on 'nothing'" (beli-mah' - literally 'without anything').

If only they listened to Job they should had avoided becoming idiots.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

There are no chains or cords. Thanks for ignoring genesis which you said was your foundation for scientific accuracy. All you've done for 20 pages is avoid point after point after point after point proving you wrong.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Speaking of idiots I know a guy who keeps ignoring like dozens of proven scriptures that contradict modern science. He thinks that the term hanging on nothing is somehow amazing and could only come from God.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Oh, I could. That's the easy way out.
Don't understand something? God did it.
Why do people get sick? God did it. Let them die.

To the contrary - it's the foundation of logic.

As to sickness and death, God has nothing to do with it but will eliminate it in the coming future - as he promised!

[Isa 33:24 ESV] 24 And no inhabitant will say, "I am sick"; the people who dwell there will be forgiven their iniquity.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Speaking of idiots I know a guy who keeps ignoring like dozens of proven scriptures that contradict modern science. He thinks that the term hanging on nothing is somehow amazing and could only come from God.

Like I said - it's impossible to explain the Creation events if simple statements like 'he...hangs the earth upon nothing" is so difficult for you to grasp.

give it up.
edit on 26-4-2016 by edmc^2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

To the contrary - it's the foundation of logic.
I guess. If you consider leaping to conclusions to be logical. Faith is not logical. By definition.

God has nothing to do with it
Sure he does. He made everything, he can undo anything.

God has nothing to do with it but will eliminate it in the coming future - as he promised!
Yeah. People have been talking about that for a long time. Looks like it's up to us though, since He's been sitting on his hands the whole time.

And no inhabitant will say, "I am sick"; the people who dwell there will be forgiven their iniquity.
Cool. In the meantime people suffer.

God has nothing to do with it but will eliminate it in the coming future - as he promised!
Yeah. People have been talking about that for a long time. Looks like it's up to us though, since He's been sitting on his hands the whole time.

And no inhabitant will say, "I am sick"; the people who dwell there will be forgiven their iniquity.
Cool. In the meantime people suffer.

Do me a favor, quit proselytizing.
edit on 4/26/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Isiah 41:9 reads: "I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you.

There are no corners or ends of the earth. So the writer of isiah was also wrong. Of course you will ignore this and keep pointing back at job because you know you are beaten.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth...
Stars are mentioned before the Earth as the heavens...
The Earth was formless and empty and in darkness
There was still no light the Earth was not finished...
We know while Earth was forming there was a lot of volcanic activity enough to make the earth recieve no light... just like we know other stars came before the Earth...So on Earth that is forming in darkness...
There would be no light...
Then after the earth is done forming there is light...
Plants come after there is light on Earth...
So I don't see what you are saying to be accurate...
But as if that matters to me...
God didn't write genisis...

edit on 26-4-2016 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

How am I not grasping the concept of your simple little statement? Is it because I don't agree that is has the special meaning you've assigned to it?

I can grasp it just fine. It's you that can't. And you refuse to do anything but keep saying"look at job its magical" over and over and you ignore everything else anyone has brought up. You bloody well give it up. You are making a fool out of yourself.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

The Fourth Day: Sun, Moon, Stars
…15and let them be for lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth"; and it was so. 16God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also. 17

God didn't write genisis...
So, you don't think the Bible is God's word?
edit on 4/26/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join