It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Its not a weak complaint neighbour. If I ask for a steak at a restaurant, and someone brings me tofu, I'm not going to be thrilled. (actually I like Tofu, but if I want a steak I want a steak).

Mathmatics can be scientific, it does not have too. Simple multiplication of numbers, is NOT science. If the bible had the bioinfomatical information, for a gene, to identify these 144000 individuals, that would qualify. If it predicted something in science explicitly, that would be science.

Otherwise try again.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2

Show me where I said falling on the Sun ? You are now a liar. I stayed the earth is spinning and in orbit. I never stated falling on the Sun. And you still haven't answered any of the contradictions I have put forward.

Go ahead. Let's hear your theories on why genesis said all plants are good for food ??????????? Seriously you keep ignoring it and lying and putting words in other people's mouths.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Shhh don't ruin the fact that Jesus actually does not fulfill the requirements for the Messiah! If he was a real person, he did a lot of things, but Messiah was not one of them. After all the Romans got all well Roman to Israel not too long after

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I accept the fact you were wrong...
Over your contempt...
Too bad... I had to stoop a second graders education for you be capable of understanding...

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Congratulations, one scientific idea! That does not make it a book of science, anymore tha March's Advanced Organic Chemistry is a book on Celtic lore

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Well I mean they say it's scientifically accurate and then they point to all the fulfilled prophecies even though they weren't fulfilled as promised and some are so vague it's not even funny. Never mind the fact some the the prophecies were written after events had already happened.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: Akragon

I accept the fact you were wrong...
Over your contempt...
Too bad... I had to stoop a second graders education for you be capable of understanding...

Lol its your book bud...

Glad you can admit the stupidity of your arguement(s)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The OP still continues to ignore all the other evidence showing that the bible conflicts with modern science. I have brought up the false order of creation (earth before the Sun) found in Gensis. I have brought up that genesis says all plants on the earth are good for man to eat yet we know many plants are deadly for human consumption. Noahs ark , Solomon s temple. Still the OP can only focus on "the earth hangs on nothing".

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

You would be wrong because the earth before the sun is mentioned when it is formless or still forming...
Can you prove that all of the plants of earth were not edible back then?
And that evolution did not play a part in bringing about a change making some bad to eat at a later time?
No you can't prove that...
Just like because others that were not edible were not mentioned...
Do you suppose that is because those are not what was being refered to?
All of that which is edible is all of that which is edible and not any of it is unedible...
edit on 25-4-2016 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Genesis 1:29

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food ."

Note it says every seed bearing plant is good for food.

And your going to tell me that when genesis was written there were no poisonous plants? They only became that way in the past 6,000 years?

Also in genesis it said God created two separate lights (Sun and moon) but we now know the moon isn't a separate light at all. Again this proves that the writer of genesis had no knowledge other than what was observable at the time.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Also genesis claims the stars in the sky were all created at the same time and after the earth was finished. This is false.

Also at the end of the creation account it says god rested. Implying that he stopped creating. Yet we know new stars are forming right now. I'm sorry but no matter what you think the Genesis account is not scientifically accurate.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

No its about the darkness being removed and all the stars becoming visible...
When the light from the sun was finally visible on earth like after a lot of volcanic activity...

The moon gives off light it does not matter if the sun is the source...
If the Moon absorbed the light from the Sun or was not there...instead of shining that light upon the earth...
Well then it wouldn't be a light source...
But it is...

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Show me where I said falling on the Sun ? You are now a liar. I stayed the earth is spinning and in orbit. I never stated falling on the Sun. And you still haven't answered any of the contradictions I have put forward.

Go ahead. Let's hear your theories on why genesis said all plants are good for food ??????????? Seriously you keep ignoring it and lying and putting words in other people's mouths.

I guess you don't agree with Phage who brought out the earth falling around the sun.

In any case - if you're not able to comprehend simple statement like the earth hangs on nothing then how are you able to comprehend Genesis 1?

I fail to see it.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
The OP still continues to ignore all the other evidence showing that the bible conflicts with modern science. I have brought up the false order of creation (earth before the Sun) found in Gensis. I have brought up that genesis says all plants on the earth are good for man to eat yet we know many plants are deadly for human consumption. Noahs ark , Solomon s temple. Still the OP can only focus on "the earth hangs on nothing".

Like I said - if you're not able to comprehend a simple statement like the "earth hangs on nothing", how can you grasp the Creation events of Genesis 1?

It's impossible!
edit on 25-4-2016 by edmc^2 because: !

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

on nothing then how are you able to comprehend Genesis 1?

What's to comprehend?
God did it. That's a pretty simple concept. It also has nothing to do with science in any manner.

Why does it rain? God makes it rain. Not science.

"The Earth hangs on nothing." Meaningless. Not science.

edit on 4/25/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I can't comprehend it just fine. You are the one blowing a simple phrase out of proportions and saying it must be a miracle. This thread is so done. You've been proven wrong over and over and you you act like a five year old covering your ears yelling "I can't hear you".

Saying the earth hangs on nothing doesn't means sh7t fu%k all. It's not proof of anything.

THE ONLY THING I CANT GRASP IS YOU ASSIGNING SUPERNATURAL POWER TO A VAGUE PHRASE AND SAYING ITS SCIENTIFIC WHEN IT IS NOT!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If God did it...
Then the manner he did it in was scientific...

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

The earth doesn't hang at all. It spins. Or flies. Or moves. Or rotates. It orbits the Sun. It does not hang. If you can't comprehend that then you should seek medical help.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Then the manner he did it in was scientific...

No. Magic spells are not scientific.
Abracadabra! Poof! Earth! (Let there be light, whatever)

Maybe you should define what you mean by scientific.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If God did it...
Then the rules and laws of science were set in place by him...
That would make God a scientist...
Not a magician...

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join