It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Did It! The rest is post modern chatter!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Some could say the exact same about Hieroglyphics.

Many times previous rulers names were overwritten to keep with the current.

Perhaps they did not wish to leave record of their losses, only their achievements.

The Scrolls of Egypt are the stories of the Egyptians, not the Judaic.

We are talking of THE Creator.

Maker of makers, from whence All Else Originated.
Egyptian, Semitic....everyone and All-Inclusive.

After all these millennium, are we still going to bicker over THE ONE TRUE NAME?

There has been enough bloodshed over this issue, has there not?
Lay down the Sword.
Embrace the Mystery.
The Records are still as of now being written.
Long ago a Sacred Scroll was lost to the Ages.
Or was it ever written to begin with?
As when we first looked to the Heavens....and wondered about our Origins.

(and the Brahman turned in their slumbers....)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: edmc^2

originally posted by: VoidHawk
a reply to: edmc^2

Nothing can come out of nothing

So, where did god come from?
Serious question!!

Your question presupposes that God is a creation. God is not a creation nor the creation but the Creator. He's an Always Existing Creator. Thus He has no creator for He is the ONLY creator.

He is the ultimate source of the raw material that brought about the universe - energy transforming into matter.

god is a creation of man...why is this STILL so hard to understand...they made crap up back then, or do you think that only started a few hundred years ago?....i guess you think in those times, EVERYBODY told the truth
edit on 20-4-2016 by jimmyx because: addition

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Like they say, we're utilizing a small portion of our brain.

They don't say that though, that is a urban legend that the kids just go around saying.

I would ask why he decided to make a earth that makes a habit of killing of most of it's inhabitants, but I am sure you will just respond with some wrathful god nonsense.

Might be an urban legend but the fact is - our brain capacity is limitless according to finding. It's how we're utilizing it that is limited.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Ahh this is all "obvious" is it? Which God? OR was it Gods, or perhaps it was something else? I'm also going to point out that there are competing theories with the big bang as to the start of the Universe. I would also note that not all of these theories and hypotheses state that the universe had a beginning nor may have an end.

SO no. Just because you believe that the Universe was started by Jehovah/Allah, that does not make it so. That is a matter of faith. I personally have a different set of beliefs to the beginning of the Universe. These are of equal antiquity to that of the Abrahamic religions roots. Does this mean I am correct? Who knows this is a Unverifiable Gnosis (probably a shared one thus USG for short).

THUS keep religion out of science, and science out of religion.
edit on 20-4-2016 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
mythical beings can't do anything, because they are made up in people's minds....i learned that in elementary school, as i thought everyone did.

You probably should have spent more time in Sunday school instead of elementary school. If you don't want to talk about religion then avoid the topic. Making fun of people for their beliefs is ignorant.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Nothing can come out of nothing

So, where did god come from?
Serious question!!

Your question presupposes that God is a creation. God is not a creation nor the creation but the Creator. He's an Always Existing Creator. Thus He has no creator for He is the ONLY creator.

He is the ultimate source of the raw material that brought about the universe - energy transforming into matter.

god is a creation of man...why is this STILL so hard to understand...they made crap up back then, or do you think that only started a few hundred years ago?....i guess you think in those times, EVERYBODY told the truth

Sure. If you say so. But let's assume God is a creation of man, how did life and the universe came to exist then?

Back to nothing? Or did man invented the universe too?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

This is an interesting question... A subject which I brought up to the Pope himself in an email... it was the Pope before this one in case you are wondering...
I spoke to him about the existence of what we call aliens... I referenced many parts of the bible and other books like that of Enoch...that elude to aliens...
I went further in explaining that God being the creator of the Universe had to have existed outside of the Universe to create it to be beyond it all... Furthermore to be unbound by the rules which govern his creation such as time needing to be mortal etc... I then asked him if this did not in fact make God an alien to the entire Universe?
I also asked him if Jesus completed his mission on Earth after his death just before his resurrection while he spoke to his followers...
Of course the answer to that question is yes he completed his sacrifice and overcame death full filling scripture and thus his mission...
So since he had no further mission on earth...
I asked him why before he left earth...
when he was asked where he was going...
He replied to sheep not of this fold...
He was going to take care of other followers not of the Earth in other words...
It is man who contends there is no other life in the universe...
God did not create all of the Universe for only mankind to exist on one planet that is absurd...
There is life elsewhere and God is the creator of it all...
Another thing I like to believe is that God is still busy creating things he eluded to that too...
When he said I go now to prepare a place for you...
Anyway the response was not sent back to me directly instead it was given to the entire world 2 days after my email...when the Pope announced it was OK to believe in aliens...
So you tell me...
why do you think God made all the other planets?

edit on 20-4-2016 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

mythical beings can't do anything, because they are made up in people's minds....i learned that in elementary school, as i thought everyone did.

Do you know some myths are based on reality but got exaggerated through the passage of time? For example, the Greek Mythology - their gods/demigods were based on real events. But as time went on, the stories got twisted and exaggerated to it's present form.

The Bible on the other hand is faithful even now.

What makes the bible the true source ? Where is the evidence that the events in the bible happened exactly as stated. Why not hindu or Sikh or buddism? Why Christ? Your logic is that the bible said it's true so it's true doesn't hold water.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Ahh this is all "obvious" is it? Which God? OR was it Gods, or perhaps it was something else? I'm also going to point out that there are competing theories with the big bang as to the start of the Universe. I would also note that not all of these theories and hypotheses state that the universe had a beginning nor may have an end.

SO no. Just because you believe that the Universe was started by Jehovah/Allah, that does not make it so. That is a matter of faith. I personally have a different set of beliefsto the beginning of the Universe. These are of equal antiquity to that of the Abrahamic religions roots. Does this mean I am correct? Who knows this is a Unverifiable Gnosis (probably a shared one thus USG for short).

Did you know that great men of science like Sir Isaac Newton/Kepler, etc were men of faith too? For instance, Sir Isaac Newton's great discoveries were based on his religious background.
In fact he wrote one of the earliest best known scientific publication - The Principia Mathematica.

1. Overview: The Importance of the Work

Viewed retrospectively, no work was more seminal in the development of modern physics and astronomy than Newton's Principia. Its conclusion that the force retaining the planets in their orbits is one in kind with terrestrial gravity ended forever the view dating back at least to Aristotle that the celestial realm calls for one science and the sublunar realm, another. Just as the Preface to its first edition had proposed, the ultimate success of Newton's theory of gravity made the identification of the fundamental forces of nature and their characterization in laws the primary pursuit of physics. The success of the theory led as well to a new conception of exact science under which every systematic discrepancy between observation and theory, no matter how small, is taken as telling us something important about the world. And, once it became clear that the theory of gravity provided a far more effective means than observation for precisely characterizing complex orbital motions — just as Newton had proposed in the Principia in the case of the orbit of the Moon — physical theory gained primacy over observation for purposes of answering specific questions about the world.

plato.stanford.edu...

edit on 20-4-2016 by edmc^2 because: add source: plato.stanford.edu...

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

I'm glad you used "IT", because I very nearly raised this point when op referred to his god as "HE".

IF there were such a thing, only one, and always existing, then it most definitely should not be referred to as "he".

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

You know I've said this very thing in many of my posts here. But for some reason, some of the people who post here, especially creationists think we (scientists) are all atheists.

But to add to this, some of the greatest scientists in history were not Abrahamic. The Greeks had a great many of them.

All this means is that people of open mind, can do science. That god or as I prefer the GODS do not need to enter the equation. Those who insist Deity/Deities need to be part of it, hamper science. If one can not measure it, one should not consider it.

I will also note, you are ignoring the fact that I've provided information which disagrees with the need for creation. *Shrug*
edit on 20-4-2016 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

No saying God did it case closed is ignorant. Ignoring evidence of evolution is ignorant. Ignoring the earths long history is ignorant. Using your common sense and reason to deduce that there is no proof of the bible being true is far from ignorant.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I'm glad you used "IT", because I very nearly raised this point when op referred to his god as "HE".
IF there were such a thing, only one, and always existing, then it most definitely should not be referred to as "he".

Never. God is an IAM personality (we describe Itself to Itself) a ones and zeros binary Information Being; no gender.
edit on 20-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

If you are a Christian it is more than ok to refer to God as He and indeed even a man...
Because that's exactly what Jesus was...
He was God as man...
It is a human condition to have to be able to perceive God as this or that to be politically correct...

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
originally posted by: vethumanbeing
a reply to: jimmyx

vhb: There is truth in Myth; someone planted those 'mythical idea forms' to subvert the human.

jimmyyx: or....way back then, fables and untrue stories were told to entertain people, or at least get a meal out of it

Do you really think "way back then" those people were that cunning; to 'overlay' untruths for generations to story tell?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Lets suppose we all agree with you that "god" did it.

The question then is...which god, and how do you know for certain that's the god that "did it"?

And no, the bible is not proof. Of anything.

edit on 4/20/2016 by Klassified because: add emphasis

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Do you know some myths are based on reality but got exaggerated through the passage of time? For example, the Greek Mythology - their gods/demigods were based on real events. But as time went on, the stories got twisted and exaggerated to it's present form.

The Bible on the other hand is faithful even now.

What makes the bible the true source ? Where is the evidence that the events in the bible happened exactly as stated. Why not hindu or Sikh or buddism? Why Christ? Your logic is that the bible said it's true so it's true doesn't hold water.

Put any (rel) writing against the Bible - they won't be able to stand against its truthfulness and superlative accuracy.

Take one example:

it says in [Job 26:7 NASB] "... hangs the earth on nothing."

Other translation uses the word empty space for nothing.

Science has confirmed this to be true. The "nothing" we now call gravity is what's holding the earth in empty space. A force that we can't see.

No other (earlier religious) writing has this much accuracy.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

It is all fine and dandy to say one should keep religion out of Science...
But what do you do when science points to the need of supernatural introduction or the evidence of design?
How is it you can deny the odds against chaos and nothing being the cause of creation?
This takes a much bigger leap of faith especially for a scientist who has a form of faith...
Be honest with yourself...
continue to seek all answers with science...
just do not be surprised when science itself eludes to his existence...
If God is the creator of the Universe...
Then all Science belongs to him and when any aspect of it reaches its epitome...
It will bow down to God as the cause...

edit on 20-4-2016 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I think back then people didn't have the knowledge we have today. Back then they didn't understand how lightning works, or what caused earthquakes. I think the lack of scientific knowledge would have people ascribe certain phenomenon to a magical being while now we know better. That doesn't mean there couldn't be a creator being however stories from ancients aren't proof of anything.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: VoidHawk

If you are a Christian it is more than ok to refer to God as He and indeed even a man...
Because that's exactly what Jesus was... He was God as man...
It is a human condition to have to be able to perceive God as this or that to be politically correct...

Here is a clue; you are also of God; Jesus was just an overlay idea to change that world thinking paradigm 2000 years ago. You are Gods expression; so are the Feminine. EVERYONE is a God aspect (everyone is God because are the children of Its creation).
edit on 20-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join