It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sprained Ankle Advice

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
LOL, ok were is Walkin?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Sitting in my image box, but I thought it was time for creepy frog.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I like the frog. Nice teeth. Here is one you should use.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
GO SEE A DOCTOR.

Freaking ATS.

If it's not a minor boo boo go see a doctor. We can't diagnose you over the internet. I don't blame you OP, but go see a doctor. I will probably ask ATS for advice next time I hurt myself and I hope someone tells me to go to the doctor. If you have to ask, it's serious enough that you should go to the doctor.

No idea what your pain threshold is, go get it looked at. I had people telling me to "walk it off" (and I get the joke here) when I had a herniated lung. Cough, weird lump popped up on my chest, "oh it's nothing". No, it was my lung and I had ripped all the connective tissue between two ribs. Guess who got a fancy plastic plate after 6 months and someone finally took it seriously!

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Hold on, we were just about to get into how they could do some homebrew surgery with a box cutter, an avocado skin, and 2 pieces of bailing wire.
edit on 4/20/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

LOL, I have a headache, do you think I need brain surgery?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
I don't know how I've avoided being hurt this far into my life, but I'm totally a newbie to this.

Long story short: I almost fell down a set of deathly narrow basement stairs at someone's house----that stairway could be in a horror movie----and my ankle stopped me from probably serious injury at the bottom----or even worse. I caught myself.

I have swelling on both sides of the ankle. It's pretty swollen but not too dramatically. I've been doing Advil regularly, and ice and elevation. It's day 2 and I can get into the kitchen okay for something quick to eat but I'm mostly couch-bound.

Is it normal for both sides to swell? I haven't gone to the doctor. I'm alone at home as hubby is away so.... Here I am.

Since 2,800 people sprain their ankle a day.... Maybe someone out there can give me some advice.

I need to get better fast!!! And God, this really bites!
I would say to be extremely watchful for blood clots associated with the sprain. I had a family member to pass that way. Best wishes that it heals soon without any complications.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join