It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally free-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
From the depths of our own despair
- We create our own hell
As we reach forward in our minds
Grasping for something that's not there
.. Seeing a lot more clearly now
Sober eyes tell all
Standing in a silence.. only I can hear
As the birds sing their melodies
..I silently sing mine
Finally at peace with myself
Finally free-

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: natalia

Nice. I've found though, once you get in that 'place', it's hard to stay there.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll
I will be completely honest with you. If you have followed my poems, I am a very depressed person. Since my brain injury in 2008. Its been a constant struggle with my mentality, and anxiety. I finally found a neurologist and a gynecologist that listened and got me on the right medications. I don't have migraines or headaches anymore and my depression has been lifted so far, not sure how long that will last. Me not drinking has sure helped tremendously as well. I don't ever want to go back to the place I was before. Its too dark.

edit on 19-4-2016 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I liked your poem!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Wonderful.

I hope that you continue to sing.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

So glad that things are going better for you right now and hope it continues! You deserve to be happy!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Nice poem. I didn't realize where you were coming from with your poetry until I read your reply to Angeldoll. I think it would take a lot of courage to go there in poetry, but your reply had more impact for me than the poem, nice as it was. It was more concrete and hard hitting. I hope you don't mind my saying this.

I'm one of those people who writes from a safe place, emotionally. That's because I am well on in life, but some of the greatest artists have written, honestly, while standing on much less firm ground. The honesty is the thing and having confidence that one's experience is valid, and if you are an honest human being, it is valid.

Just my gut reaction.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Thank you quantum12 and thank you tnmockingbird
I was born in Tennessee. And thanks jennyfrenzy!

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit
I don't mind you saying my reply had more impact than my poem. I try to write my poetry from my heart, even if its dark. Yesterday I was at peace and I still am. And yes, honesty is something I value now. I try my hardest to say what I mean and mean what I say. If I don't tell the truth then no one will know. Take it easy.

top topics

join