It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Draft may be coming...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I distinctly remember GW Bush, during the last presidential debate stating "there will NOT be a draft, I repeat, no draft"...

After I woke up this morning and turned on CNN I was stunned to hear the morning reporter talking about how our national guard recruitment has fallen way below our projected numbers and we are in dire need of more recruits. (most of our guard are overseas) She then went on to say how our precious gov. believes they may need to move to a draft in the future if their quota is not met.

Now, what really irritates me is that the "media/news" will continue to talk in terms of the draft without challenging what our president had previously said during his debate. Don't you think to put pressure on the gov. & Mr. Bush the "media/news" should be calling Bush out on this now before it escalates and is too late?

Use their own words against them...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I doubt many news station will talk out agaisnt a draft, they might have a debate between a military general an an anti-war hippie. Yet this wont go far in convincing the public that a draft is not needed. Bush has made america go to 2 wars (afgan and iraq) the third (war on terroism) IS NOT A WAR. but anyway if bush can convince the public to do all of this and get away with it, do u really think that he wont get away with a draft?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Bush said there will be no draft, so there will be no draft....
otherwise, well.....

"all liars will have their place in the lake of fire"

call him out, why? he lied, many of us kind of knew this from the start. well, he's lied before, what's been done about it? we've elected clinton into office, and he lied under oath, we all knew that before we elected him back a second term. and well, we all pretty much knew bush had lied a few times to us before we elected him to his second term.
why not, the person they are running against is probably a known liar also.

so, I'll just do a little bible thumping to irk the christian right....
"all liars will have their place in the lake of fire"
presidents and politicians too!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I agree. He WILL get away with it. That's the problem. I don't know, maybe if the media made more noise about it... but alais, I feel even that might not matter. Perhaps things are too far gone at this point.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Remember there is nothing to worry about until there is something to worry about.

In other words, don't sweat it until the government comes out and flat out tells you there will be a draft.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The media isnt going to do anything about it because they are controlled by the government and I thought you people new that all politicians are LIARS and THIEVES so its no big suprise that the draft is going to be reinstated. Remember we have 3 more Contries to invade.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39
She then went on to say how our precious gov. believes they may need to move to a draft in the future if their quota is not met.

Don't you think to put pressure on the gov. & Mr. Bush the "media/news" should be calling Bush out on this now before it escalates and is too late?

OK, which members of the gov't said we need to move to a draft?

Was it Bush, or Rumsfeld?

Or is this another Charlie Rangel/ Fritz Hollings disinfo campaign, like they tried before the election?

Curious minds want to know...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

the morning reporter ...went on to say how our precious gov. believes they may need to move to a draft in the future if their quota is not met.

Calm down. You, and she, are projecting.

She's a stupid 'reporter'. If she wants to
report that National Guard numbers are down,
then that might be news (although considering
the biased source that she is ... I'd double
check those numbers). However, her projecting
that there 'must' be a draft coming and that
Bush lied ... those are STUPID and irresponsible
of her to say.

Oh ... and YES, we do have a precious government.
We could be living under N. Korean rule, where they
'educate' the men that hair drains brain energy
(see the thread on this from yesterday). Our
government isn't perfect, but by golly it's better
than most others.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
*packs up and moves to canada*

it would really not surprise me if there was another draft. I hate being in perfect shape

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
he lied, many of us kind of knew this from the start. well, he's lied before, what's been done about it? we've elected clinton into office, and he lied under oath, we all knew that before we elected him back a second term. and well, we all pretty much knew bush had lied a few times to us before we elected him to his second term.
why not, the person they are running against is probably a known liar also.

When Clinton lied under oath, no body died.

When Bush lies, people die. Big differance between the two

But really there never needs to be a draft if you don't plan to increase the numbers of troops in foreign theaters. Which is going to end up being he choice for this administration.

Either that or giving people incentives to risk thier lives for a lost cause

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Bush can't just snap his fingers and make the draft happen. It has to go through Congress first. Just before the election, a draft bill was voted on in the House. The vote was something like 402-2 against the draft. Hmmm. And who proposed this bill, you ask? None other than Charles Rangel, a Democrat from New York. He says he did it as a protest. Even he voted against the bill.

Opposition to any involuntary service in this country is so high right now that a draft would most likely lead to armed insurrection. Bush knows this, our representatives know this, and we know this. People need to stop worrying so much.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zamphir66
Bush can't just snap his fingers and make the draft happen. It has to go through Congress first. Just before the election, a draft bill was voted on in the House. The vote was something like 402-2 against the draft. Hmmm. And who proposed this bill, you ask? None other than Charles Rangel, a Democrat from New York. He says he did it as a protest. Even he voted against the bill.

well you have to realize, some smelly old democrat dosn't have as much control over congress as the president. if he can get us to go into iraq, he very well may be able to bring the draft back.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I distinctly remember GW Bush, during the last presidential debate stating "there will NOT be a draft, I repeat, no draft"...

After I woke up this morning and turned on CNN I was stunned to hear the morning reporter talking about how our national guard recruitment has fallen way below our projected numbers and we are in dire need of more recruits. (most of our guard are overseas) She then went on to say how our precious gov. believes they may need to move to a draft in the future if their quota is not met.

Now, what really irritates me is that the "media/news" will continue to talk in terms of the draft without challenging what our president had previously said during his debate. Don't you think to put pressure on the gov. & Mr. Bush the "media/news" should be calling Bush out on this now before it escalates and is too late?

There will be no draft unless democrats are in power. Democrats are the ones that keep introducing the legislation and talking it up, not Bush or Republicans. Democrats are just using this issue to try and scare people into dropping their support for Bush. From what several of you have written, it sounds like you are falling for it.

[edit on 1/14/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
There will be no draft unless democrats are in power. Democrats are the ones that keep introducing the legislation and talking it up, not Bush or Republicans. Democrats are just using this issue to try and scare people into dropping their support for Bush. From what several of you have written, it sounds like you are falling for it.

thats probably one of the most uneducated thing i've ever heard in my entire life, what difference does it make now that he's in power, if people don't support him? it dosn't matter one bit. he is the president of the united states he could get head from some "lady" (not putting clinton down) and we can't do anything about it no matter how messed up our bushie may be we got him for another 4 years.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ohgr

Originally posted by centurion1211

thats probably one of the most uneducated thing i've ever heard in my entire life, what difference does it make now that he's in power, if people don't support him? it dosn't matter one bit. he is the president of the united states he could get head from some "lady" (not putting clinton down) and we can't do anything about it no matter how messed up our bushie may be we got him for another 4 years.

It is uneducated to not understand the facts before you start posting a lot of BS. I stated the facts on this thread and others like it, while you (nice avatar!) continue to post the BS.

There is no evidence that Bush supports a draft, but plenty of evidence that his opponents do. Deny ignorance.

[edit on 1/14/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Oh yes, congress would never allow Bush to do this.... wait, republicans control house, senate, SC, executive, media, what about check and balances? We are screwed, whatever Bush&Co wants will be passed, they control EVERYTHING!

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Oh yes, congress would never allow Bush to do this.... wait, republicans control house, senate, SC, executive, media, what about check and balances? We are screwed, whatever Bush&Co wants will be passed, they control EVERYTHING!

As a matter of fact, the Republican controlled House of Representatives already defeated democratic introduced draft legislation just last year by a vote of 402 to 2.

Article

I've now posted the facts on this again for you to read. And your post is based on???

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
When he wants it, and no republican senator who want to get money will vote against it.

They will use the upcoming election as the excuse for a full on 2nd invation of Iraq. When it doesn't happen, because those people don't want to vote in a rigged election, and start rioting, we'll see bush get emergency powers he will use to shut down all dissent over here, too.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I don't think we have to wait that long folks. Speaking strictly from a timeline perspective, I think we have a better chance of getting abortion overturned before a draft.

Overturning Abortion is what I personally want, but I think people might start to really tear the roof down if that ever happens. (Note: Abortion is not the topic so let's not change it. It is merely a very hot and deep seeded topic)

As far as a draft is concerned, I think the key to the Republican victory is unity and unified silence. If they did plan to sneak it on us like to no nation building thing, we would need another event.

With that much to gain, it's worthwhile to be patient and make your opponents look silly ranting about this or that.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Of course the draft bill was voted down by such a high number. To have done otherwise would have been grossly unpopular just before an election.
Now that's out of the way, anything goes. If they can't fill the recruitment quotas by voluntary means then they'll have to find other means.

Of course, if people refuse en masse then they have an even bigger problem on their hands

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join