It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden added to Group Chat w/ Clueless Teen Girls on Twitter - This is Gold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
So apparently Edward Snowden (and some other "celebs" and icons) were added to a group chat with teen girls on Twitter. The girls don't actually know who he is at first. They just know he's "some white guy". Soon after introductions are out of the way, Snowden asks these girls where they get their news from - the answer was Twitter (not surprising, but Yikes). The girls are under the impression that Snowden is " some white guy", and "a CIA agent & a scammer". This is pure gold..

2016, here we are. Where some tweeners can get into a group chat with Edward Snowden and not even know who he is. I thought this was hilarious and wanted to share on ATS of all places. That's it for Entertainment News, reporting live from Vermont, FamCore.. out. [screenshots of the twitter convo below - my favorite are the last 2
]

www.unilad.co.uk...

Secondary Source
edit on 15-4-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Well, at least they can't vote..... yet.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I think it must be nice, in some respects at least, for Mr Snowden to be in an Internet environment in which he is neither regarded as a folk hero, or a bogeyman. Like any kind of fame, escape from it can be very relaxing, freeing. Having lived his life under a spotlight, and under significant risk since his revelations about the state of liberty in the free world, I can see him being both perplexed by the idea that some simply do not care, and at the same time relieved that the forum in which he is speaking in this instance, is not one in which he will be required to justify himself before the participants, as he has been in so many other situations.

I hope he is well.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

The teens' opinion on Trump was that he looks like a cheeto / a dried out orange with slits for eyes, and that his supporters are racists but that the "Trump Franchise" means he can provide tons of jobs for voters.

Other than the cheeto/orange comment I was a bit disappointed. It sounds like they would be leaning towards the Donald because "he can give everyone jobs"

I have a feeling these girls are a fine example of the typical American teenager today. Completely out of touch with reality and how the world works

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
ED: Haha yah, I have 'warrants', so don't be surprised when they kick down your door.

Tootalooo, kiddies

If he's that bored, maybe he'd be willing to do an AMA.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Lol I was thinking the same exact thing. "haha.. you guys are the best.. sorry if you find yourself awoken to the noise of an Apache helicopter 2nite"

Oh, THAT would be awesome. Start chant: "AMA.. AMA... Snowden... Snowden"

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Whats more scarier than a great white shark. An american with a gun

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Mannegishi,

There are a lot of us. Lock up your womenfolk.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Mannegishi

A Briton with a double bearded war axe is scarier than both. You only spot them when they want you to, and they kill without a sound, other than the echo of steel on flesh. They do not run out of ammunition either.

What's your point?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Oh, THAT would be awesome. Start chant: "AMA.. AMA... Snowden... Snowden"

Whoa, that would be insanely awesome!
AMA Snowden!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mannegishi

I'm done with internet for today, thanks.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Thank you FamCore, that right there was a good laugh. Although at a certain point I wasn't sure WHY i was laughing. I mean come on, they obviously have enough information to call the man a scammer, but what on earth is this mans' scam?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mannegishi

This is my rifle and this is my Gun.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

This is my rifle and this is my Gun.

8,000 bullets to blot out the sun *BANG BANG

Sry, couldn't waste the opportunity

Reminded me of this:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

One is for fighting, one is for fun.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

*Sighs* Thanks to our broken education system and the fact that many teens prefer watching Kardashians than seeing the latest news this is the result.

top topics

join