It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil whispers to the warrior...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The Devil whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm",
the warrior replies, "I am the storm!" - Unknown

Self empowerment is the key to success and happiness, growth and progression. To label ourselves anything other than powerful, capable, intelligent and able is to sell ourselves short. To follow any ideology that requires placing other ideas or other people as something out of reach for ourselves, is a disservice to ones self as we are all capable of infinitely more than we realize, whether as an individual in our own efforts, or as a society in an effort to expand humanity as a whole.

I've never believed "God" to be some form of magic, or fairy-tale. I am personally a Deist, believing that "Godhood" is an eventuality, an evolutionary concept, our path of progression. I believe God to be a master of sorts - A master of physics, an intellect, an ambitious and curious scientist whom has developed a cognitive level not yet achievable by us humans, not in this form or life. The experiences in this life, and beyond this physical realm we are currently in are all relevant to this path.

Regardless of my personal beliefs - I hardly understand the paths I see others take. It's not that I inherently believe my own path to be some form of truth that others should be held accountable to or need to follow, but rather than the paths I see others take do not seem to be fulfilling to them. They do not seem happy, successful, they do not seem empowered, they do not seem to realize that they have power within them. Whether Gods exist or not, we are all the same species, we all have certain talents and whether they come from a universe, a god, or are simply acquired or learned over a life-time, we all have a way we can impact things. We can create change, we can impact the lives of other people, we can aim and achieve so many things.

I see it as unfortunate when I discuss such things with others that deem themselves " left hand " or " right hand " path followers. Too many on the right hand path mistake themselves to be worth less than they are, and only believe that a God could ever make them worth anything. Conversely, too many on the left hand path seem to deem us as carnal animals that can only give into vices, that selfishness, greed, pride are all things to enshrine and worship and accept as a part of our human condition.

Personally, I deny both thought processes. I do not care to worship a God that deems me as worthless without his "good grace" and I also do not care to follow a path of selfishness, a path that seems to assert "self mastery" while at the same time unable to achieve enough maturity and responsibility to overcome mind-sets that are destructive both to ones-self, and to others.

This is what brought me to "centrist" - I do not define it as one specific thing, it is more a denial of both the left hand, and right hand paths as I do not see either as being constructive and progressive.

Thank you for reading.

TheCentristPhilosopher
edit on 14-4-2016 by TheCentristPhilosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
To be a functioning person in society (such that it is) one's path must be altered to an extent to make money for one's survival. Now society is institutionalized, therefore we must adjust within this constraint in our own special ways. I, having been a productive member of society for many decades and still participate, realize that within that institution are other souls looking for a personal/spiritual connection because we are bonding animals. So, a change in attitude and keeping true to your spiritual self can work magic.

As for your path to the 'all' or God', what's in a name?, I hope your path will always be illuminated.

"What do I think of Western civilisation? I think it would be a very good idea." Mahatma Gandhi
edit on 14-4-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

To be a functioning person within today's society, the "average" person will need to make money to survive - It is not necessarily a requirement, as nomads, functioning/happy homeless, even people in the woods and the like exist, but to be a consumer within today's societies, yes, money is a necessity. Being in control, and thinking of how one uses that money is important in such a society due to the importance placed upon the type of currency we use. When money becomes the main way to obtain food, shelter, even clean water - Altruism and philanthropy are necessary traits/deeds if we are to take care of people in less fortunate circumstances ( in this case, simply circumstances where one cannot obtain/earn enough money. )

My path is not the clearest, that is certain. I have only recently decided to follow my own path. My way is individualistic, it is not meant to appeal to, or draw in any one else as I am choosing my own way, with no loyalties, nor worshiping, nor servitude to any ideas, peoples, nor gods. "Centrist" is both a position between the "left hand path" and "right hand path" - As I do not seek to serve God, nor do I insist their is no such thing, but it is also a "self" path, it is based on me, an individual.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If you choose to venture forth to find yourself, remember that others may have wisdom to share/impart.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Most definitely! That is why I joined this forum, to learn and to see what others think and believe.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheCentristPhilosopher

Most definitely! That is why I joined this forum, to learn and to see what others think and believe.

Me too, and I've met many kindred spirits along the way.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheCentristPhilosopher

I feel the centrist philosophy you have adopted is an admirable one.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

well you certinally started the thread right... warrors devils and gods and self to become what? one or all of those as an evolution... ha! Duality as in dual natured fight and the fought. the fiercest battle ever fought drops the conceptual that chooses to swing the blade with any intent. The best swordsman is always the child swinging wildly until the hair of the dog squeals from his or her own mouth... how many moons must an old wolf howl before the sun winks?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
If you have a dream, reach for the stars even if you fall in the sky. Unknown

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
"If I'm Right, will I still be Left!"...but "If I'm all that's Left, was it right".
edit on 17-4-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Well set out and an idea that certainly has merit.
It meshes with a bit of what I've read on Tibetan Buddhism.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The traditional “God” path to perfection is a perspective. In other words it deems that humans have fallen from a certain level to an imperfect and state of suffering because of that fall or loss.

Consequently that path attempts to return the human to that state and beyond.

Within that perspective even your attitude can be included in many of the paths within this traditional mode.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
God in relation to a single one pertains to the conclusion that despite our differences we have one origin.

top topics

join