It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Rules Documents Seized From Sandy Hook Shooting Must Remain Secret

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

...am I to understand that if "they" release the documents, they are likely fake, so it's a conspiracy. Yet, if "they" do not release the documents, it is a conspiracy? So, logically, it is all a conspiracy, we just can't prove anything, but it "feels" like one?

Stop. These documents hardly represent the point(s) of contention pertaining to the investigation. What they MAY do is shed more light on what completely transpired that day, in Adams own words. He may have had help, don't you remember? There are notebooks with, you know, notes in them. I feel like you missed all of the early Sandy Hook threads which, in my opinion, showed that the incident clearly deserved to be dissected by the members here.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I respectfully disagree. "We" deserve NOTHING. We can request, but the general public is also not allowed to break the laws governing handling of private information. Not matter how long or hard we stomp our feet and have a tantrum like little children.

That is my opinion...

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I too feel that ruling is correct.

The prosecution will have shared any exculpatory evidence with the defense. Any thing left over is not evidence and hence is not in the public domain.

The freedom of information act is not intend to citizen the right to access each other private information regardless of criminal history. It intended to allow citizens to question the government on issues that are not transparent.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Couldn't agree more. We dumped Bin Laden in the ocean, we bulldozed Sandy Hook Elementary School, simply this ruling reads (to me) as a smart attempt to neglect the mass murder worshipers & copycats from getting their hands on grotesque material for their fantasies.

Now I fully understand the journalistic interest and public appetite in delving deeper into the mind of madness, but sadly real sickos will get their jollys off with this knowledge. Plus the families need peace. They're owed peace.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 13-4-2016 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
That Granny book is just sick...

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It's been three plus years, what has the Sandy Hook tragedy presented in terms of a conspiracy?

Did Obama/Congress pass gun laws? No.

Did the AR-15/assault weapons get banned? No.

To what end did this mass murder end up changing one iota of our lives in the form of a conspiracy?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Jason88

That's a very good question, isn't it?

A "false flag" is done to precipitate or put into motion a desired series of events. What has occurred as a direct result of the Sandy Hook tragedy?

Gun control/confiscation? Nope.

Martial law? Nope.

This was, and will remain so, a tragic event carried out by a sick, if not evil, individual.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

We do deserve to know, just not less than what law enforcement has reported. I guess 911 calls and police reports are now private property too? Once the case is concluded, certain information should become public, no?

The daughter of slain Sandy Hook principal Dawn Hochsprung said releasing the information could also help her come to terms with what happened on Dec. 14, 2012, when 20-year-old Adam Lanza shot his way into Sandy Hook Elementary School.

“The more information I have, the easier it is to wrap my brain around what happened,” Cristina Hassinger said, according to the Connecticut Post.

The Associated Press requested copies of 911 calls made from the Lanza home dating to 1998 and from Sandy Hook dating back to 2002. It also asked for police reports involving the Lanza family. The AP appealed to the state’s Freedom of Information Commission in late February after Newtown police, acting at Sedensky’s behest, denied the requests.

In Connecticut, it also led to a tightening of the release of public information about heinous crimes.

Link

Below is another example. From 2013,

Last June, in direct response to the Newtown killings, the state passed a law sealing visual images of homicide victims on grounds that releasing them would “constitute an unwarranted invasion of the personal privacy of the victim or the victim's surviving family members.”

The state’s medical examiner has not released results of toxicology tests on Lanza. Details of what, if any, documents he or his mother left behind that might shed light on his mental state remain out of the public eye.

The secrecy is striking in light of the quick release of information -- from 911 recordings to pictures and video -- in other notorious crimes.

Are you seeing a trend yet? Sandy Hook forced them to change the law after so many became interested in the case. Call them sickos or whatever, I call them people who have a right to question what exactly happened that day. No other incident, at least in Connecticut, has caused such a reformation in our privacy laws.

In the Navy Yard case, the FBI made public video of portions of Alexis’ rampage nine days after it occurred. It also released details of a note Alexis left behind describing his belief that he was being targeted by an “ultra-low frequency attack.”

Information, from 911 recordings to videos and still images, have also been made public after other high-profile crimes. The 911 calls made by Sanford, Fla., residents after George Zimmerman shot dead Trayvon Martin quickly went public. So did some of the recordings of 911 calls made to police in Aurora, Colo., in July 2012 when James Holmes opened fire inside a movie theater.

There are specifics for each state, but Connecticut had no laws prior to the incident that would prevent them from disclosing the information above. Things can be released and information can be redacted. This is nothing new. The ONLY bone I'll toss you is due to the age of the victims, certain information may have been withheld. But, we're not talking about the victims, we're talking about Adam Lanza. NOT a minor.

“You have to think sometimes as a legislator without passion or prejudice. But on the other hand, emotion does kind of take over,” he told Connecticut’s News 12. “If there’s just some small things we can do to help them [victims’ parents] in a way that [would] make their lives a little bit better, I think we’re willing do to that.”

Give me a break, law is law and we pay the salaries of those sworn to uphold them. The reactive "solutions" put forth after such an event seem to cater to the few, as they continue to limit the rest of the public's perspective on important issues. We are slowly losing access to the most important weapon we have against the government, information. The more heinous the crime, the less evidence we get. Laws were created directly after Sandy Hook to ensure that.

edit on 13-4-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Once they're seized by the government they become public property. They are held in trust for the people.

The locals should fire that judge.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

What's to say a 'copycat' doesn't amass something even larger and more disturbing trying to be as obsessed as they assume Lanza might have been?

That was my point (and the judges I am sure). Lanza had reams of stuff he collected about other serial killers. It feeds their disease and delusion.

The more media coverage the closer they get to the brink.

Ether the media are idiots to sensationalize every single mass murder or they do it on purpose to goad other nutters to do the same thing.

Ether way they are complicit.
edit on 13-4-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason88
a reply to: intrptr

Couldn't agree more. We dumped Bin Laden in the ocean, we bulldozed Sandy Hook Elementary School, simply this ruling reads (to me) as a smart attempt to neglect the mass murder worshipers & copycats from getting their hands on grotesque material for their fantasies.

Now I fully understand the journalistic interest and public appetite in delving deeper into the mind of madness, but sadly real sickos will get their jollys off with this knowledge. Plus the families need peace. They're owed peace.

Yah, enough already. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
At the beginning I was skeptical that Sandy Hook was really a staged event. As time goes on, it is harder and harder to believe it was NOT a staged event.

The judge's decision in favor of secrecy in this case is more evidence that it was a staged event.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason88
It's been three plus years, what has the Sandy Hook tragedy presented in terms of a conspiracy?

Did Obama/Congress pass gun laws? No.

Did the AR-15/assault weapons get banned? No.

To what end did this mass murder end up changing one iota of our lives in the form of a conspiracy?

That is the interesting part--the federal efforts for more gun laws failed spectacularly, but several state efforts succeeded quite nicely. I think Connecticut and New York passed laws as a result of SH

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

I respectfully disagree. "We" deserve NOTHING. We can request, but the general public is also not allowed to break the laws governing handling of private information. Not matter how long or hard we stomp our feet and have a tantrum like little children.

That is my opinion...

What makes you think this is private information ?

The only people having tantrums are those who are afraid of truth, this is why those who control what gets said are in CONTROL.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It certainly sent a very ominous message to aLOT of people.

And set an extremely bad tone for a good long time.

Are you being serious when you say nothing has come from this ?

Might want to look deeper.....

Oh wait we aren't allowed.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
its hard for me to be totally objective about sandy hook as I live 10 miles away from there but I must say I just don't see the conspiracy here

if it was to take away guns, please tell me which guns have actually been taken away ? Regan passed laws against guns after he was shot. was that a gun control conspiracy ? I've never heard that one, lol

lawmakers don't need public outcry or support to pass laws, just look at citizens united or TPP, most americans didn't even know it was happening, yet those laws were passed. I think it is a simple logic fallacy to belive the gov't needs our emotional involvement in an issue to pass laws.

please don't even get me started on the hoax thing. I was on church hill road the friday after the shooting and saw with my own eyes 2 funeral processions go bye me, one lead by a fire engine. This really happened, this isn't some made up place, it is a small town that suffered a terrible event. Does anybody really believe an entire town faked this as part of some gun control effort when the lawmakers don't even care what we think or need us to pass laws ? It just makes no sense at all. What is in it for them ? lower property values ?

I think the issue here isn't covering up any truth, its a privacy issue.

They listed the nature of the documents. That's a pretty poor cover up to have the nature of the documents being public knowledge you can find with a google search

the shooter was an obsessed copy cat killer. if you can't see why they wouldn't want the lurid details of his fantasies to be made public, logic isn't your thing

edit on 13-4-2016 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

You mean you aren't allowed to make stuff up about the victims?

What a tragedy, right?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Well, I get it, from a certain perspective…

…including handwritten notes, a spiral-bound book written by Lanza titled "The Big Book of Granny" that contained violent themes, and a spreadsheet maintained by Lanza detailing mass murders, including the name of the killer, the number of victims killed and injured, and the weapons used.

Wannabes and copycats can't wait to emulate their fore bearers. Serial hate and murderous intent love a good pump up to incite them to action. Letting out all the details is a sure invitation to more of the same from the same kind of jerks that are out there right now, somewhere, plotting.

Mass murder is a rage cult, its members are sick in the head, why give them a fix of twistedness.

That's just guesswork, the sky isn't falling.

The right of The People to know outweighs any contrived excuse not to release info.

Not that I believe you were saying exactly that, but I wanted to nip it in the bud.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

That's just guesswork, the sky isn't falling.

The right of The People to know outweighs any contrived excuse not to release info.

Not that I believe you were saying exactly that, but I wanted to nip it in the bud.

You want photos of that classroom, right? You want a coroner to lay out how each child was shot multiple times at point blank range as they huddled together in a knot, whimpering for their lives? Wanna see video?

Sick man, sick.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join