It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Animation Was Created Using Old Photos from the Early 1900s

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
A little something for lovers of old BW photography and animation.

Here’s an amazing short film titled “The Old New World” by photographer and animator Alexey Zakharov of Moscow, Russia. Zakharov found old photos of US cities from the early 1900s and brought them to life.

The photos show New York, Boston, Detroit, Washington, D.C., and Baltimore between 1900 and 1940, and were obtained from the website Shorpy.

It’s a “photo-based animation project” that offers a “travel back in time with a little steampunk time machine,” Zakharov says. “The main part of this video was made with camera projection based on photos.”

I couldn't find a YouTube version, so not embeddable (by the way, I think ATS should implement other sources such as Vimeo for embedding, they have very good and high-quality videos in there)

The Old New World

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

Wow...

Some people have some serious skills ! All that made from old photos ?!

The HD quality was amazing, clicking the video to full screen I felt like I was right there.

Awesome find, thanks for posting !

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Absolutely lovely, thanks for sharing !

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

That was fantastic!!

Here, I found it on da tube...

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Thanks! I guess I didn't look properly...

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
That was awesome! I can't wait to show my son when he gets up. My boy has an old soul at 10,

Thanks for sharing that

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
That was delightful. Now he should do one of Moscow. I think I would enjoy that too.
S&F

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
That was very cool, I particularly liked the shot of the Penn Station upper concourse which does not exist anymore.

If anyone was curious that was Al Bowlly singing in the background.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I was curious about the music.

Thanks!!

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: natalia

The also use him in the final scene from The Shining where he sings Midnight, the Stars and You.

edit on 10-4-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

He was also on the soundtrack to the recent Woody Allen Film - Magic in the Moonlight

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
really cool thanks for sharing!

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Al Bowlly is the s***.

Sadly he was blown up by a German bomb that did not explode on impact but when he went to help dig out rubble form a building in London.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

That's just awful man.
I don't know a lot of his stuff but what I've heard I like... I love that pre rock and roll sound to music...there's something really special in the music and it sounds so nostalgic and earnest and full of feeling.

Beautiful

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

That's a cool little bit of trivia, and thanks, I'm actually in the mood for this sort of music today

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
I don't know a lot of his stuff but what I've heard I like... I love that pre rock and roll sound to music...there's something really special in the music and it sounds so nostalgic and earnest and full of feeling.

Beautiful

I enjoy him greatly. He is always on our regular mix of 'dinner music' for when guests come over. He fits in well with the period style home we have and he was rather prolific. So between him and Edith Piaf you can play a few hours of them both without hearing a repeat.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: athousandlives
(by the way, I think ATS should implement other sources such as Vimeo for embedding, they have very good and high-quality videos in there)

Vimeo is TERRIBLE!!! If I had a dollar for everytime a Vimeo player stopped and/or skipped on me, I would be campaigning for the presidency right now.

As far as your OP goes. It is some amazing stuff. Kudos to the creator.

edit on 4 10 2016 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Check out Ray Noble as well. He did the arrangement and conducted the orchestra that Al Bowlly sang with.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Cool little video! It's hard to believe it was all from photos!

My dad was born in 1906, so it really gives me an idea of what his early experience was like! The world has changed so much!

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm with everyone else. This was a awesome share! I passed it on myself too my "other" friends

That had to take some patience to put that all together. Man I love creative people. Now I'm off to explore this musician.
2 for 1 happiness!

Star, Flag and
!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join