It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Wives

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

Lol you always make me laugh so hard with your rants. I swear we have spoken for hours where literally all we are doing is ranting about something/someone who pisses us off

that being said, it seems this is not a problem Ive ever encountered. We don't have much of a military. Our biggest force is our navy and I don't think I've EVER seen anyone wear a shirt like that. Its crazy to me that these people (mainly women you said) would act this way, but Im not surprised. It doesn't take much in this world for people to get that unwarranted self importance attitude. The human ego is a wondrous thing.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IvyNeptune

unwarranted self importance.... beautiful

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

why thank you
i truly am amazing.

(yes im displaying unwarranted self importance for irony and the lols)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I see you have discovered the famed dependapotamus.

Not all military wives are dependas. These are people who wear their husbands rank and accomplishments on purses made of used ACUs.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Opinionated people are opinionated lol

Opinionovenonions for everybody!

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I tried to refrain from using that terminology lest someone get offended but....yes, that is exactly what I am talking about.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Everything!

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad
a reply to: IvyNeptune

unwarranted self importance.... beautiful

That's what I was thinking about you as I read your rant. You seem like you should be an officer's wife, but you are not.
Is that the real problem?
Do you park in the red zone at the store rather than find a parking spot? Do you take a full cart to the 20 or less line?

Lie to yourself, not to me, 'cause I'm old and I know better.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

you.... i like you

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Watch for the boxes of Tide in the widows or the upside-down broom on the porch of base housing ...

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Yep, there it is. Just like in the real world. You win, where should I mail the check?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

omg i have heard all about those!!!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

lol not sure I follow

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I don't get your point that you are trying to make with a few hundreds words. What I do get is that you took an instant dislike to the woman for no good reason and had to "Show" her via your verbiage that she was a piece of crap and that you were her better. So you got "even" with this rant.

Given what you loaded us with about your feelings about your station in life, you then fully seal that understanding in some of us with your tirade that is baseless.

I have a daughter that is the wife of a high-ranking Marine officer. I don't know about Air Force wives, but Marine officer wives are trained and expected to be officers themselves in their accepted duties as an officer's wife. As such, they guard and maintain control of their territory.

Understand that service member wives are themselves very much caught in an automatic pecking order just as you are caught in your job and social condition. I'm going to assume that you found her sense of control in your mutual situation overpowering even when she did not outright exert her command of it. I hope this rant made you feel better.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Please ... allow me again to say ... Welcome to the Boards!!

You gonna be fun!!

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Watch for the boxes of Tide in the widows or the upside-down broom on the porch of base housing ...

Personal to M&Ms: You're an observant one, aren't you?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I would like to point out that I puked in my mouth a little at all the defendas....

Anyways, I am a woman, who has been married to a man for 12 years, this man is military, army to be exact, this makes me technically an army wife. (Army wife represent! OMG I'm dieing! I can't breathe! ) I know the dependa people well. They are a silly bunch. Always taking credit for something they didn't earn.

Yes I stay home during deployments and care for the kids by myself, I do all the cooking and cleaning, and homework, and soccer practice and games, I deal with sniffles and boo boos all alone. I raise the kids, I love the kids, I also am of of the few apparently who also have a job, guess what? That's called being a parent. Stop being a whiny little B**** and demanding a discount/respect/attention for being a mother to your kids. Yes you're doing it alone, and it's hard, I know I've done it myself multiple times, but really it's what you are supposed to do as a parent anyways.

To those that can't keep their legs shut, seriously guys come on, I can't even right now. Have you googled a battery operated boyfriend? Have you seen what some of them can even do? 0.o

This isn't your grandmothers military, we have phones, Skype, text, facebook, email, Just to name a few. I know nothing beats a good ol fashioned care package, but holy quacamole, cell phones can do EVERYTHING!!! Keep it with you, and it's hard to miss a message from him. I hear all those are also good for staying in touch with family and friends too.

I guess if you want to wear his uniform at least take the patches off, you didn't earn them, it's at the very least rude. Realize that wearing his pt's and such is unflattering, seriously they are unshapely and drab, Just don't. Learn simple things like learning to walk on his left side out in public while he is in uniform ( they salute with their right hands and this way you don't have to let go ) some of the acronyms are easy some are hard, I just make sh*t up for one's I don't know.

Please please pretty please learn that rank, his, is not yours. Just because your husband is an... E7 doesn't mean you are better than a woman married to an E4. Your husband was one too, at some point.

I have tried my best to make this nice, I really have. I could go on for hours, and if I wasn't on my phone, I would gladly add pictures for reference, but alas, I'm currently sitting in my new house without furniture or internet, waiting for my household goods to arrive, because we have just moved again. It's part of the life, get over it, get used to it, embrace it, stop being a pu$$y, pull them big girl panties up, and soldier the f**k on. (see what I did there?)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Well I'm sorry that you missed the several times where I said "not all wives". Just ones who pretend that staying at home in the land of the free is a greater sacrifice than signing away your freedom and time to the military. Her shirt reminded me of all the woves that were completely disrespectful because they thought they earned something as well. The spouse that's actually in is the one that can demand respect not.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli

I hope whatever deity you worship blesses you exponentially.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Oh they have, I have a husband who loves me, and 2 goofy kids, a roof over my head and food in my belly, honestly it's all I really need.

No I don't have a coach purse but I will survive

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli

Lol Good woman. I like you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join