It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Attorneys begin Legal Attack on Advocacy Groups / Climate Change Theory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ronster0110
a reply to: smurfy

I don't know who to believe about this subject anymore they are all liars with their own agenda. All I know is I was talking to an 90yr old man last week and he told me he has never seen anything like the weather in the last 10yrs. He also said alot of the animals and plants that were around when he was young are gone. I also have to add I live in the West of Ireland and it's snowing outside on the 10th of April that's a first in my 40 years. So to finish you don't need governments or universitys to tell you lies talk to people who have lived a Long time. There is definitely changes happening on this planet I don't know the cause but I can see the effect happening now

Well, the snow is weather, in fact it snowed here last night too, then froze until after the sunrise. Generally speaking, the weather here has been poor for quite some time now, but it has been that way before, early 60's, late 70's. Warmer for the 80's and much of the 90's, and cold since.
Then Ireland is undergoing geological change, in Northern Ireland, the land is rising, in the South..in Eire, the land is tipping into the sea, due to isostatic rebound so flooding near the coasts is to be expected more and more, that may in turn affect weather and temperature. Now, that is a 'local' effect, so if anyone tells you that the sea level is rising because they have a measuring stick stuck on a beach in Connemara, just tell them it is an effect from a slipping coastline, same goes for Northern Ireland coasts but in the opposite effect. These effects though, are from the last glacial period nothing to do with the current silly.
edit on 10-4-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
As usual in any climate change thread, there is a great deal of ignorance on display.

The fact is we are changing the chemistry and climate as a result of our civilization. We can recognize this and try to change our ways and try to live in a more sustainable way or we can continue to destroy this planet for profiteering.

Big oil companies have misled the public and legislators about how harmful their product is. This draws many parallels to what the tobacco industry did. RICO charges were valid for big tobacco and in my educated opinion are valid for the big oil companies who try to hide the damage their product is causing.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

The topic of this thread is the US government using RICO laws to silence anyone who opposes government policy.

Yet all they did was debating possible investigations into big oils disinfo campaigns. So you're a paid poster as well? Be my guest!

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Serving a subpoena on an advocy group is a little more than a debate now isn't it?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Within our memory:

1. The government said that marijuana turned people who used it into merciless killers. They cited young people jumping off roofs in an attempt to fly to justify prohibition with zero tolerance. Their laws were the root cause of thousands of deaths and hundreds of thousands of young people serving lengthy prison sentences.

now come to find out that maybe marijuana is not really that bad and maybe the drug wars were not such a good idea.

Who is accountable for the violence and the lives destroyed over the last 60 years????

2. For 40 years, we were told to avoid fats that it was the root cause of heart diseases. Farmers had to breed lower fat animals. Food was re-formulated to reduce fat at a cost of billions of dollars.

Come to find out that maybe the evidence for the fat theory of diseases maybe wasn't quite as solid as we were led to believe and that further, those lower fat diets were maybe responsible for the rise of Type 2 diabetes.

Who is accountable for the cost, the death and disability caused by this government policy.

3. Now the government has a new policy. Its costing 1.9 billion in Ontario alone. A little province with a population of only 12 million more. Its costing more billions world wide.

We now know that the "consensus: of scientists and the evidence supporting anthropogenically sourced global climate change isn't maybe as solid as they would have us believe.

Who will be accountable at the end of the day?

If they use RICO laws to silence opposition to this issues, who will dare ever speak up on any issue?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: namelesss

your daughter is struggling to breathe??????? And somehow you think this is relevant to the topic at hand.

It's called an 'analogy', a metaphor.
Look em up.

Please explain to me how the air is cleaner than its ever been in the last 50 years and somehow this is some corporations fault and its ok to use the legal system to silence dissenting opinion?

Just for argument sake, even IF the air is collectively cleaner now than any time in the last 50 years (how to lie with statistics, and I seriously doubt your allegation), that is NOT logically any evidence that the air is breathable or healthy!
That is just how you lie with statistics!

So does your daughter enjoy being warm in the winter? How exactly do you heat your home????
Do you get to bring your daughter to a hospital when she is sick? What fuels the vehicle you get her to the hospital with?
Do she use an inhalor? What is that plastic made of??/
Boy you best look around you..

Boy, your argument is absurd and irrational!
Because I am a hypocrite (MY problem) does NOT refute the validity of my words!
Because I offer the medical findings of the toxic effects of cigarette smoking while smoking, doesn't refute anything!
Deal with the subject rather than your emotional knee-jerk reactions!

Does your daughter enjoy eating? how does the farmer fuel his tractor? How does the produce get to the market? I know.....lets go back to the days when homes were heated with wood. I am absolutely certain that your daughter's breathing would improve with exposure to a little wood smoke!

And more of the same...

I understand that its easy to lash out when your child is sick and you think its environmental, but you are being rediculous.

I MIGHT be ridiculous, but you have certainly not demonstrated that, nor have you refuted my comment! *__-

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

And specifically, how does your arguement relate to the topic at hand????

If you want to press criminal charges against Exxonmobile for selling a product that polluted the air - then do so. The laws exist for it.

But the facts remain that Exxonmobile is selling a product that we all demand be available to us. You are a hypocrite if you are warming your house with fossil fuels, driving your car with fossil fuels, using plastics made with fossil fuels, eating food grown by using vehicles with fossil fuels AND then want to blame the producer.

The accusation is that Exxonmobile paid people to conduct research and publish studies that cast doubt that humans are discharging sufficient CO2 to change the climate.

RICO laws were made to regulate the criminal activities of organized crime. Is it now a crime to have an opinion that differs from government policy????

The only proof that humans are affecting the climate is that they have been unable to think of anything else that raised the temperature by 0.8 degrees (of which man is only blamed for about 0.2 degrees. What caused the other 0.6 degrees in temperature rise. Why was the climate cooling from the 1945 to the late 1970s? Were we not using fossil fuels then. Why has there been a hiatus in warming from 1998 to 2015 when we used 25 % of all fossil fuels that have ever been used.

Many scientists now believe that ocean currents are responsible for climate change. The match is much much better for pacific decadal oscillation affecting climate than CO2 levels and many many scientists, including Dr. Judith Curry are convinced that the Global Warming Theory only became dominant because they didn't look hard enough for another cause.

sealevel.jpl.nasa.gov...

But if the US government uses RICO laws to shut down debate of the Global Warming theory - do you really think that scientists will be able to continue doing research into the topic of other causes of climate change???

The Catholic Church ex-communicated Gallilao for postulating the the earth revolved around the sun. And destroyed his life and his work. It took them 400 years to finally admit their fault.

is Global Warming theory now a religion that cannot be questioned and is the US Government and RICO laws now the official "Protectors of the Faith"?

Tired of Control Freaks

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join