It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Attorneys begin Legal Attack on Advocacy Groups / Climate Change Theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well the attack on anyone who doesn't agree with political policy is beginning....

cei.org...

The Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI) today denounced a subpoena from Attorney General Claude E. Walker of the U.S. Virgin Islands that attempts to unearth a decade of the organization’s materials and work on climate change policy. This is the latest effort in an intimidation campaign to criminalize speech and research on the climate debate, led by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman and former Vice President Al Gore.
tps://cei.org/content/cei-fights-subpoena-silence-debate-climate-change

This link will take you to a copy of the subpoena which was issued on March 29, 2016 from the Virgin Islands, US. The return date is April 30, 2016. Make sure and take a look at what documents have to be produced, how they have to be prepared, numbered etc.

Its going to cost a awful lot of money to produce 20 years worth of documents in 30 days.

cei.org...

The most interesting part is that ExxonMobile is being investigated for "its products and activities are contributing to Climate Change" and they are defrauding the Government and obtaining money by false pretenses.

Talk about an Orwellian government. We have a policy of believing in anthropogenically sourced climate change. You sell products that contribute to climate change. Therefore you have defauded the government.

So is the government saying that all gas companies should immediately stop selling fossil fuels of any kind?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Wait?!

Are you suggesting that our Government makes no sense in the actions it takes and on top of that it is overstepping its Constitutional authority?

That sounds right to me.
edit on 2016/4/9 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

To me: using the might and majesty of the US justice System to shut down opposing views of climate change is the biggest indicator that I have ever seen that the whole thing is a scam!

RICO laws were developed and sold to the public as a means of controlling organized crime. While many could argue that gas prices are a crime, there is little doubt that ExxonMobile is a legitimate business selling a necessary product.

This makes climate change proponents the laughing stock of the world! All your credibility has been destroyed. The fact that the subpoena was issued out of the US Virgin Islands in also very telling. This legal project started in DC. You can bet that there is a legal advantage to issuing the subponea out of the Virgin Islands.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

So is the government saying that all gas companies should immediately stop selling fossil fuels of any kind?

Of cause not, if they totally banned the release of carbon into the atmosphere from fossil fuels the UN wouldn't make any money so they will never push 100% solar. Instead they allow, big oil to sell their gas in place of the coal they didn't own, banks to profit from carbon trading derivatives and UN profits trillions in CO2 taxes to fund their third tier of government. The so called subsidies to poorer countries from CO2 taxes will of cause replace foreign aid, so poorer countries will not achieve anything they don't get already.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

It's a witch hunt.

In the 50's we had the "Red Scare".

Now the leftists are in control and pushing their own Soviet style purge.

Just obey. That way you won't get arrested/fined/hassled by the IRS or any other government agency.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

And what if the Al Gore Green Energy lobby invested in this law, simply for profit? Maybe there's a conspiracy in place to create markets rather than one to shut down opposing views?
The golden Mammon Moron rule if you will. Relax. He won't be able to invent thought-crime this way, we're not talking about holocaust-revisionism.

Also, I didn't see any convincing data on your site. Quite the opposite in fact. They link to the "Beepocalypse", obviously sponsored by Big Pharma/ Oiligarchy/ Dick Cheney:

www.safechemicalpolicy.org...

Utter Bollocks. Just saying. Care to find a second source for this?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Don't know what you are talking about. My links are to CEI but if you don't like my links - just google it yourself.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Scroll down, find the following links:

CEI on the Web
GlobalWarming.org
Safe Chemical Policy

You're welcome.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

still don't get your point??? what has this to do with the US government issuing a subpoena to cei

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
people need to remember the competitive enterprise institute is funded by the likes of texaco oil, so trying to spread lies as truths isnt a stretch for these guys.
companies like texaco should not be funding these liars for their own benefit, i applaud the investigation and hope other like minded 'think tanks' go the same way.

it wasnt too long ago tobacco companies did the same, claiming the benefits of smoking outweighed any health concerns.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

Ok - so you are saying the Subpoena posted is a lie?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The Point is, that they sell lies like the Beepocaplyse on their other sites. Scepticism doesn't work this way, IMHO.

The participating states are exploring working together on key climate change-related initiatives, such as ongoing and potential investigations into whether fossil fuel companies misled investors and the public on the impact of climate change on their businesses.

www.ag.ny.gov...

And now you know why a bunch of heavy handed oilbags will spread disinfo. A mere investigations isn't that bad, is it? And now look how overdramatised CEI spun the whole story. Real life irony, innit?

I'm sure there's a conspiracy in play, but it's more than one and I think we better stay vigilant.

edit on 9-4-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Thought so. Fits like ass-hats on beepocalypse-buckets.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Also you need to remember - he who speaks the loudest is not necessarily telling the truth. Tobacco companies were silenced and anti-tobacco has been lyiing all along.

Of course there is a benefit to smoking - otherwise smokers wouldn't do it.

In this case, some people value longevity over the pleasure of living life to its fullest. If that is your value, then I guess you don't value the pleasure of smoking. I personally value living a full life over a long life. I smoke!

So how is it a lie for me to say that the benefits of smoking outweigh the health risks.

Anyone can proclaim a grand "truth" as long as they have the power to silence anyone who might disagree.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Ok - so now explain who decides what Truth is?

www.forbes.com... c087195f9d

France tried a ban on neonics - guess what - no effect. I also remember frog deaths being attributed to pesticides - until they found out it was being caused by a fungus.

Now get back to the subject at hand. WHO DECIDES WHAT THE TRUTH IS!. There is plenty of evidence that Global Warming is a hoax.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I used to have to show teacher my homework, then I had to explain how I came to my conclusions.

Climate change though it seems has become just a matter of telling people that, "The science is irrefutable" "It's not up for discussion" so STFU!....everyone.

What should we do?
Well, maybe we should look at all the peripheral science sponsored by using 'Climate Change' in the proposal..OMG! it's endless! Let's try Termites, the king of heat exchangers, king of CO2 farting, (well, over humans that is) destined to become the king of climate change, loads of stuff there, one instance..Google the rest!
news.harvard.edu...

or maybe not all according to where they are, at least where decompostion is concerned,

wattsupwiththat.com...
Meh! who wants to be a nerd? well everyone who sees a shekel or two.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
Tired of Control Freaks

Gee, how much time you want to give them, when every day they make it harder and harder for your newborn daughter to draw a breath?
While you are watching her struggling to suck some air out of this corrupt miasma into which we have been led by the nose and our corruption, what, give em 20 years?
Baby girl will be long worm crap by then!
But, hey, you fear 'control' for some reason, so, I guess big business will just come to it's senses and stop poisoning us all, of their own accord.
Soon, no doubt.
Right?

No one needs to 'control' anything!
Free market (insert appropriate jargon here)!

Where are our priorities (rhetorical)?!

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

your daughter is struggling to breathe??????? And somehow you think this is relevant to the topic at hand.

Please explain to me how the air is cleaner than its ever been in the last 50 years and somehow this is some corporations fault and its ok to use the legal system to silence dissenting opinion?

So does your daughter enjoy being warm in the winter? How exactly do you heat your home????
Do you get to bring your daughter to a hospital when she is sick? What fuels the vehicle you get her to the hospital with?
Do she use an inhalor? What is that plastic made of??/

Boy you best look around you..

Does your daughter enjoy eating? how does the farmer fuel his tractor? How does the produce get to the market?

I know.....lets go back to the days when homes were heated with wood. I am absolutely certain that your daughter's breathing would improve with exposure to a little wood smoke!

I understand that its easy to lash out when your child is sick and you think its environmental, but you are being rediculous.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I don't know who to believe about this subject anymore they are all liars with their own agenda. All I know is I was talking to an 90yr old man last week and he told me he has never seen anything like the weather in the last 10yrs. He also said alot of the animals and plants that were around when he was young are gone. I also have to add I live in the West of Ireland and it's snowing outside on the 10th of April that's a first in my 40 years. So to finish you don't need governments or universitys to tell you lies talk to people who have lived a Long time. There is definitely changes happening on this planet I don't know the cause but I can see the effect happening now

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Ronster0110

Does anyone at all understand that the topic of this thread is not climate change.

The topic of this thread is the US government using RICO laws to silence anyone who opposes government policy.

Tired of Control Freaks

top topics

<<   2 >>

join