It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

`WALK OF SHAME' - Obese flyer booted from flight in US

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: sputniksteve
a reply to: grainofsand

Baffles me that someone would refuse to take responsibility for an issue that is only occurring because they are present, but we are dicks for not accommodating his size meanwhile he couldn't care less about how his problems affect us as a totally unrelated party. And then have the god damned nerve to call us "those people" for not just submitting. Un F'ing believable.

Agreed

What about the people who stink of cigarettes? They make me want to puke? i never asked any to leave, how about the perfume gang in my air?

If it were someone you love maybe you would feel differently.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
What about the people who stink of cigarettes? They make me want to puke? i never asked any to leave, how about the perfume gang in my air?

Enjoy complaining about that wherever it works for you.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

i would expect nothing less from you.

And while I will still assert that it would utlimately be your problem and not mine (were i still large enough to spill into your seat, anyway), and that you'd end up having to get over it (or get the airline involved), i absolutely love that you are willing to push back a little when pushed. THAT'S the British attitude that I know and love.

Yore better than me. Id stab his eyes out if he tried to beat on me for just sitting there minding my own business. Just saying. Attitude adjustments have to be made from time to time.

Lol you'd stab my eyes out when I'd tell you to get your fat body off me and the seat I'd paid for?
...no, you wouldn't

I woudnt hit you first Oh no. I d let you swing first then give you that attitude adjustment i was talking about to furry texan. And I fit in a seat thank you very much So im not all over the place as you assume.

Then theres the whole thing if i was next to you i could say Hey stewardess can you go get security this mans harrassing me for no good reason.

And also The AIRLINE own the aircraft and if th e captain tells you to sit down shut up or get off the plane you will do it. id sure like to see you try to punch that one. Remember you dont have a right to space IF th e airline says you do not.

I feel sorry for people who are intolerant of anyone else to the point they have to use violence and or threats of violence to get their way.
edit on 16000000pppm by yuppa because: edited for content per suggestion.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

P L E A S E N O T E

Nothing wrong with having a heated or passionate discussion. Don't make it personal. That path only leads to escalation which, ironically, is the antithesis of a discussion.

• Go after the ball not the player.

Personal jabs stop right now. Discuss the topic.

thank you.

• posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:03 PM
    link   
    Wot he/she said.

originally posted by: argentus

P L E A S E N O T E

Nothing wrong with having a heated or passionate discussion. Don't make it personal. That path only leads to escalation which, ironically, is the antithesis of a discussion.

• Go after the ball not the player.

Personal jabs stop right now. Discuss the topic.

thank you.

• posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:08 PM
    link   
    a reply to: 1984hasarrived

Agreed, but I'll defend every square inch of any chair I've paid money to sit in, every time.

*Edit*
    ...or trade the seat space for money if the fat person wants to spread out, as I said, I'm easy, they just ain't stealing the space.
    edit on 10.4.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:12 PM
    link   

Agreed, but I'll defend every square inch of any chair I've paid money to sit in, every time.

unless th ecaptain says you wont. lol.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:16 PM
    link   

unless the captain says you wont. lol.

Then I'll get kicked off for openly protesting someone stealingsome of my contractually agreed, and paid for, seat.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:24 PM
    link   

That th e thing though. you literally paid for the seat. not the area above it.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:35 PM
    link   

That th e thing though. you literally paid for the seat. not the area above it.

Yeah, the actual seat when fat muffin tops are spilling onto it is worthy of defence.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:40 PM
    link   
    It is not just people who are obese/overweight - I have played "elbow wars" with several people on planes over the arm rest, btw I always won.

I am in it for the War, not the battle - they don't realise that.

*Edit*
    ...or trade the seat space for money if the fat person wants to spread out, as I said, I'm easy, they just ain't stealing the space.

edit on 10-4-2016 by 1984hasarrived because: typo - duh!

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:46 PM
    link   

This is simple really, there are two kinds of people in the world. The tolerant and the intolerant, the later are clearly Hitler like. They want the world their way.

I have neighbors who invade my life with their dozens of animals, the smell the blow flies the barking, baying and etc, the smells, but it is THEIR life and they have a right to want things I don't enjoy and I tolerate and try to see things from their point of view and see them for individuals and not just their outsides or their tastes in life so different than my own .

You will never be able to see past the frivolous exterior of a thing and get past your own superiority complex and I feel sorry for you really you are missing out on the depth and beauty of real life.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:47 PM
    link   

originally posted by: 1984hasarrived
    Outrageous, yes I agree.

originally posted by: OrionHunterX

This is outrageous!

Racism and highhandedness by airlines especially in the US is despicable, appalling and contemptible.

Racism, what race is he - "fat people"?? Not sure that is a race ... yet. Give it five more years, maybe.

This is outrageous!
    Racism and highhandedness by airlines especially in the US is despicable, appalling and contemptible.

Do we know for sure the guy would not of complained had he been a white fat guy?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:50 PM
    link   
    I guess we will never know ...

unless you find out

originally posted by: 1984hasarrived
    Outrageous, yes I agree.

This is outrageous!

Racism, what race is he - "fat people"?? Not sure that is a race ... yet. Give it five more years, maybe.

This is outrageous!

Do we know for sure the guy would not of complained had he been a white fat guy?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 02:52 PM
    link   

This is simple really, there are two kinds of people in the world. The tolerant and the intolerant, the later are clearly Hitler like. They want the world their way.

I have neighbors who invade my life with their dozens of animals, the smell the blow flies the barking, baying and etc, the smells, but it is THEIR life and they have a right to want things I don't enjoy and I tolerate and try to see things from their point of view and see them for individuals and not just their outsides or their tastes in life so different than my own .

You will never be able to see past the frivolous exterior of a thing and get past your own superiority complex and I feel sorry for you really you are missing out on the depth and beauty of real life.

Lol, really, okay

...you sound a victim...
    edit on 10.4.2016 by grainofsand because: added "...you sound a victim..."

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:23 PM
    link   
    Airlines are a BUSINESS. Not a deity. Good god, would I pay for a table in a restaurant for two, and then tolerate being given a TV tray? Nope. I'd walk out. Plenty of other places to go.

It's the freakin' airlines wanting to make money. You want my money? You want passengers on your plane?
    Then you do what you must do to make them comfortable and desirable like every other business.

Goldilocks seats. Large, medium, and small on each plane. To make the customers comfortable. YOUR customers. Your livelihood. YOUR business.

When you go to a restaurant, it's" how many are in your party?" So they can judge what size table their customers will need. They want to accommodate them and make them comfortable. It should be the same with airplanes. But it looks like we've given in to doing what is best for THEM and their bank accounts. We're such idiots. We accept whatever is
    shoved down our throats.

We should expect and demand services that are comfortable and accommodating, not grovel and become angry with each other over the airlines shortcomings.

They have crowned themselves king, and we are letting them get away with it.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:26 PM
    link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
    Airlines are a BUSINESS. Not a deity. Good god, would I pay for a table in a restaurant for two, and then tolerate being given a TV tray? Nope. I'd walk out.

Same as if a fat person tried to steal a square inch of my seat, ain't happening.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:30 PM
    link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
    Airlines are a BUSINESS. Not a deity. Good god, would I pay for a table in a restaurant for two, and then tolerate being given a TV tray? Nope. I'd walk out.

Same as if a fat person tried to steal a square inch of my seat, ain't happening.

In all fairness, if its one of us fat people it'll be a round inch.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:31 PM
    link   
    a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Lol, still ain't happening on my watch.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:33 PM
    link   

And on and on and on, same point multiple times on every single page on this thread. I think we get the picture. I don't have a reading disability. I got it the first time.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join