It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

`WALK OF SHAME' - Obese flyer booted from flight in US

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thr0es
Sometimes you need practice holding a shaft with two hands.

Happens every time I take a whiz.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I have to respect you and his rights? OK I do.

So where is your and his respect for me and my rights?

I have to respect a 175k/385lb person who spills over into my seat. But you don't expect him to respect my right not to have him literally sitting on me. And yes I have been in this situation.

I had weight issues as a teen and overcame them so I do have an understanding of the problems of being overweight.

Should the problem have been handled with more discretion and respect? Yes.

Should someone who can't sit in a single without spilling over have to pay for two seats? Yes!

I am sorry you have no respect for others, I thought better of you.

P.S. Wish I could also not fly due to TSA, but as I live is Asia I have no choice.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Thr0es

Dude you used "I jog, play golf, basketball, and once took judo" as the reason why you would be able to beat up anyone that questions you. I don't take anything you say seriously. I do mean anything.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I was frightened a little by the golf, but comforted myself that if we ever met as neighbour passengers in a plane he would not have his clubs with him.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I hear you on that.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

It was a suggestion that because someone has a bit of extra weight they can't be physically able to fight which is nonsense.

Like I said, this is all on the airlines.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

It is not surprising that you see this as an airline problem and not a personal one. Sounds like it's your problem to me. Not sure how the airline is supposed to take responsibility for people being over weight. This conversation just became to stupid for me.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

a reply to: sputniksteve

It was a suggestion that because someone has a bit of extra weight they can't be physically able to fight which is nonsense.

Like I said, this is all on the airlines.

No, don't backtrack now.
You started this when you stated in your first reply in this thread that you raised your fist to a man who was unhappy that your fat arse was pushing against him in whatever public transport it was.
You started out as the hard alpha man, don't backtrack now.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

It is not surprising that you see this as an airline problem and not a personal one. Sounds like it's your problem to me. Not sure how the airline is supposed to take responsibility for people being over weight. This conversation just became to stupid for me.

My problem is leg room. I've had one complaint in many many flights. I can't shrink myself and have had to on one flight sit with my knees up against the top of the seat in front of me with my feet off of the ground.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

If he would have asked politely I wouldn't have reacted in an alpha manner.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Why should he have to ask?
He paid for his chair same as you paid for yours.
I'd tell you, not ask.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

To not be an asshole, like you.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

To not be an asshole, like you.

What? Expecting you to stay in the seat you paid for, not mine?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I wasn't in his. My knee was 'too close' to his.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Ah...more backtracking then, I'll leave you to that.
edit on 10.4.2016 by grainofsand because: typo

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

It's not backtracking. My point is ask the guy next who you who might be in a situation he can't control and see if he can work something out.

In the case provided it might not have been possible. But I've been able to sacrifice my own comfort for the situation, except that time I was unwilling to do it for a dick of a human. Shut him up quick.

Also, people have all sorts of addictions and problems, who are any of you to judge what might be someone's struggle.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

My problem is leg room. I've had one complaint in many many flights. I can't shrink myself and have had to on one flight sit with my knees up against the top of the seat in front of me with my feet off of the ground.

YOUR problem is legroom. You said it yourself. Not the airlines problem, not your seat neighbors problem, your problem. Yet this is somehow the responsibility of everyone else to fix. This is you and only you, stop involving everyone else in your BS.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

It's not backtracking. My point is ask the guy next who you who might be in a situation he can't control and see if he can work something out.

In the case provided it might not have been possible. But I've been able to sacrifice my own comfort for the situation, except that time I was unwilling to do it for a dick of a human. Shut him up quick.

Also, people have all sorts of addictions and problems, who are any of you to judge what might be someone's struggle.

I couldn't give a toss about any of that, if I've paid for a seat then I'm not sharing it with a fat person, regardless of the reasons why they are fat.
My contractually agreed and paid for seat is mine, and another man's fat is his problem, and the airline's, not mine.
That fat arse will not reach take-off if it's stealing seat space off me. Not a chance.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LamontCranston
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I have to respect you and his rights? OK I do.

So where is your and his respect for me and my rights?

I have to respect a 175k/385lb person who spills over into my seat. But you don't expect him to respect my right not to have him literally sitting on me. And yes I have been in this situation.

I had weight issues as a teen and overcame them so I do have an understanding of the problems of being overweight.

Should the problem have been handled with more discretion and respect? Yes.

Should someone who can't sit in a single without spilling over have to pay for two seats? Yes!

I am sorry you have no respect for others, I thought better of you.

P.S. Wish I could also not fly due to TSA, but as I live is Asia I have no choice.

well, there aren't rights being discussed.

I DO expect you to respect his dignity, though. You have to ask yourself 2 questions:

- how did he fly into Vegas
- at no point before he sitting there spilling into his neighbors seat did anyone at UA think to save this man from his humiliation?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Baffles me that someone would refuse to take responsibility for an issue that is only occurring because they are present, but we are dicks for not accommodating his size meanwhile he couldn't care less about how his problems affect us as a totally unrelated party. And then have the god damned nerve to call us "those people" for not just submitting. Un F'ing believable.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join