It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The media narrative is beginning to turn against Cruz

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I would really like that cite, because a Google search has so far only turned up this so far.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
I would really like that cite, because a Google search has so far only turned up this so far.

Sure - just had to find it... I posted it at the time..
It's 26k in the sample, not 40k.(or was at the time in January)

Trump poll around the time of the ban petition

Also worth noting for US residents, the Telegraph demographic is skewed towards higher education and older citizens.

If you read the media generally you would think the UK citizens hated Trump, but it's actually a brighter picture (even more so than his support in the US, I think because of his strong stance on borders which has been a big issue here for some time) As your link points out a third of UK citizens even support his view of a total ban on Muslim immigration. That's a very high number for such an extreme measure.

edit on 9/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Cymraeg, if I'm not mistaken, was asking for proof that there is a slight majority of UKers that approve of Trump.

You just linked to a post you yourself made.

Now I'm curious ... what is the source of your claim that a slight majority of UK citizens polled approve of Trump???

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
In the spirit of openness I did find this also just now, which shows Clinton easily favoured over Trump in a sample surveyed of UK citizens...

Poll run in late March - 12k respondents.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Cymraeg, if I'm not mistaken, was asking for proof that there is a slight majority of UKers that approve of Trump.

Now I'm curious ... what is the source of your claim that a slight majority of UK citizens polled approve of Trump???

That poll was taken from the Telegraph at the time and shown in my post - it was not my poll.
It shows amongst the 26k respondents that 53% believe Trump talks sense.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well, no, Fox would be the outlier but CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, do and then there's the New York Times, HuffPo and the rest on the Internet.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Well, no, Fox would be the outlier but CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, do and then there's the New York Times, HuffPo and the rest on the Internet.

The media source cited in this thread was Fox News; for some reason, I thought your comment had something to do with the issue under discussion.

Carry on!

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

That poll was taken from the Telegraph at the time and shown in my post - it was not my poll.
It shows amongst the 26k respondents that 53% believe Trump talks sense.

There's no link to the poll in either of your posts unless I missed it. Do you have that link?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Reply to Gryphon66

The source being interviewed on FOX news who made the anti-semitic accusation against Cruz was Giraldo Rivera. Did you watch it?
Rivera has been strongly supportive of Clinton.

Of course, FOX could not be accused of supporting the DNC, but the scandalous accusation against Cruz was made by a Hillary fan.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Reply to Gryphon66

The source being interviewed on FOX news who made the anti-semitic accusation against Cruz was Giraldo Rivera. Did you watch it?

Of course, FOX could not be accused of supporting the DNC, but the scandalous accusation against Cruz was made by a Hillary fan.

Is Fox News a puppet of the Democratic National Committee ... or not?

That claim was the only thing I responded to from member TonyS.

PS: Did you ever find the actual link to the actual poll stating that a slim majority of UK citizens approve of Mr. Trump? You, know, the one you've alluded to in two threads now with no link?

Thank you kindly.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Look. This is the game and you can see it on these forums.

1.) Get Trump supporters to hate Cruz.

2.) Get Cruz supporters to hate Trump.

3.) Get everyone else to hate both of them.

Then you end up with three voting blocks that won't hear of voting outside their preference. Cruzers won't vote for Trump. Trumpists won't vote for Cruz. Neither of those groups will vote establishment. The establishment won't vote for either of them.

If either of those two blocks aligned, the election is won because no one on the Democrat side is truly enthused. Turnout doesn't support it.

Imagine a Trump/Cruz ticket with the enthusiasm both blocks have aligning, but right now, they're too busy verbally savaging each other and swearing they'd never vote for the other.

True, but it is not just the DNC playing this game.

The GOP are hanging their own noose because they are playing this game too. They think that by turning the public against both Trump and Cruz, that the public will cheer on the RNC when they dump both and nominate their own guy. But that is a stupid plan and it is not going to work.

The GOP is going to end up losing because of this. People are waking up to see the game for what it is. And if the RNC illegitimately blocks candidates who have received votes from millions of people, those millions of people are going to become angry and leave. Then, Hillary wins.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Hillary wins anyway, if every poll taken in the last year has any bearing.

Just a side note.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

So you'd rather Trump supporters rally around Cruz instead of just have Trunp win?

I would like Trump to win the nomination because i think his policies are more in line with what is needed, and he has shown that he can identify areas no-one else is raising that turn out to be spot on.

However, I do think Trump supporters should rally around Cruz if he wins - the alternative is Clinton, which would be a worldwide disaster. I am also not going to jump on the band wagon of calling Cruz Anti-Semitic. That's just a MSM lie, not what he actually said.

If the RNC gives the nomination to Cruz, I will never vote for him. The country would be almost as screwed with him as with Hillary. Hillary is evil and corrupt, and I used to think that I would vote for anyone else other than her. But I have learned enough about Cruz that voting for him would be voting for the lesser of 2 evils, and I'm not doing that. Cruz seems to be vile and psychotic, and I would never trust him with the safety and prosperity of this country. The only thing Cruz cares about is himself.

I have changed my mind since the beginning, but if it was Hillary vs. Cruz, I would look at independents, or not vote.

If Trump is running GOP or Independent, I would vote for him.

If it is Sanders vs any Republican other than Trump, I would actually probably choose Sanders at this point. Although his policies scare me, I don't think he could actually do much harm, because Congress won't let him, and he does not know how to work the system well enough. And his intentions at least seem true, although misguided.

If the GOP stomps on the rights of the people by selecting someone other than who the people chose, I will never vote for another Republican, and I know many others who feel that way.

edit on 4/9/16 by BlueAjah because: spelling

edit on 4/9/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Unless she is indicted. That is still looming, and I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I also think that Trump has a better chance of beating Hillary than people think.
You can not judge by total votes in the primaries. And you can never trust "polls", because they are usually biased and not 100% representative.

Most states have closed primaries, so the Independents have not even been counted yet, and signs are they would choose Trump over Hillary.

Sanders fans hate Hillary, so many of those would likely vote for Trump or not vote.

Republicans who voted for others will most likely vote for Trump just to keep Hillary out.

And Trump supporters will vote for Trump.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

No, a Clinton indictment is not "still looming." She has broken no laws, and that is beyond clear to anyone not ideologically blinded by Clinton hatred. Sorry, in this case, you'll be disappointed.

Trump, in every poll, has a 60-70% DISapproval rating on the national stage. You can't trust opinion polls to "predict" the future, and no one here has done so, least of all me. But, unless the polls are flawed somehow (and I'll grant you, more than a few are) they do provide a fairly reliable sense of the general attitudes of the public to a certain issue at a certain time.

What "signs" show that Independents would chose Trump over Clinton? I'd be glad to see those.

Some Sanders fans hate Hillary, sure, and some hate Trump. Some will not vote, somewill write-in Mickey Mouse or someone else just as silly.

"Some" is a very vague measure of anything, all due respect.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Don't get too sure of yourself about the indictment. Things are moving along

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And the fact that "some" democrats hate Hillary enough to vote for Trump show that:
1 - Some Democrats hate Hillary
2 - Some Democrats like Trump

You also have to consider that in the closed primaries, democrats could not have voted for Trump if they wanted to. In the general election they can.
Examples:
Why are voters changing their party affiliation this election cycle?
Ohio's 'dirty little secret': blue-collar Democrats for Trump

ETA: If you consider that Sanders beat Hillary in many states already, and they were neck-and-neck and others, all it will take is "some" Sanders supporters to not vote for Hillary in the general election to hurt her badly.
edit on 4/9/16 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Sure of myself? LOL. Okay. We'll just agree that you can be sure of yourself and I'll just depend on the facts of the matter as they become apparent.

I allowed for your generic statement that "some democrats hate HIllary" in a general way ... that you've presented no evidence or facts for. How many Democrats "hate" Hillary then?

I do not know of a SINGLE Democrat that would vote for Donald Trump personally, but that's merely a personal anecdote.

Your first article alludes to people switching parties ... believe it or not, that happens. So technically, a newly minted Republican is no longer a Democrat.

Your second article ... here's the meat of your contention I suppose:

Sitting in a steel workers' meeting at their Canton union hall, Curtis Green, the chapter's vice president, described Trump's support among a growing number of members as their "dirty little secret." "I view him as a radical and a racist and I don't want to be affiliated with that," Green said. "But if you say what you mean, a lot of guys see that in Trump and they respect that. He doesn't dance around the issues, he takes them head on. There are a fair amount of our members who do support Donald Trump."

Okay. I'll accept his testimony that a "fair amount" of his uncounted members like Trumps brashness.

How many? That's the question I'd ask Mr. Green and the one I'm asking you.

"Some" or "a few" is not going to overturn a 2-to-1 general dislike of Trump among the American people ... that's my point.
edit on 9-4-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Reply to Gryphon66

Is Fox News a puppet of the Democratic National Committee ... or not?

That claim was the only thing I responded to from member TonyS.

PS: Did you ever find the actual link to the actual poll stating that a slim majority of UK citizens approve of Mr. Trump? You, know, the one you've alluded to in two threads now with no link?

Thank you kindly.

I have already provided the screenshot of the poll and I won't be searching through historical Telegraph data to find find a link. As i said, at the time, 53% of a sample of 26k in the UK thought Trump was talking sense.

As for FOX, no they are not puppets of the DNC. The previous poster who said that already clarified his point. I am just pointing out that it was a Hillary supporter on FOX that was claiming some anti-semitic link to Cruz.

The thread is about two separate news channels at a similar time talking about anti-semitism in attack of Cruz, when there is no evidence to suggest he was being anti-semitic.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

So you didn't link your source in your original post, and you won't link your source now, yet, you took the time to copy a graphic, upload it to ATS, and embed it in your posting. I understand.

That's an answer at least; thank you kindly, if you recall, AngryCymraeg was the one who asked you.

You're usually so willing to link sources, I didn't figure you'd mind doing so here, and didn't want it to slip your mind.

No offense intended.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Once again, I try to go by real facts such as primary results and voter registrations.
You can not use polls as a concrete fact to predict results.

So, we shall see!

I myself have changed official party affiliation several times in my life, as I have matured and learned things.
I have voted for people in both parties over time, no matter what my affiliation. I base my choices on the candidate themselves, and not the "party".

It seems in this election, more than ever, that others are doing the same thing. The whole idea of "parties", lifer politicians, and their back-door corruption is what is driving so many voters to the candidates that seem like they are beyond the status-quo.

The point of the article linked above is - there is an unprecedented quantity of voters switching parties and new registrations this time, which shows that voters are "paying attention" to what is going on, and making decisions, and getting involved - instead of just continuing with voting along party lines out of routine and boredom.

So, with this trend, common sense shows that many voters will continue in this direction, and Hillary will lose.

Noting that the RNC's actions this election have actually embittered me enough (and I'm sure others), that if they don't start playing fair, I will always consider their actions suspect.
This includes their treatment of Cruz, even though I despise him, but who I agree with others is being treated as a Trojan Horse to be dumped later.
(at least I got back on track to the thread topic
)
edit on 4/9/16 by BlueAjah because: added a word

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join