It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The media narrative is beginning to turn against Cruz

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It's also true that the MSM just used the recent window in Wisconsin to boost Cruz to hurt Trump...and now they're scurrying to get back out in front of the really damaging news about to come out against Cruz.

The MSM is playing 'Wack-a-Mole' with republican front runners.
edit on 8-4-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The popular vote is not the electoral vote. It is possible to lose one and not the other, but that's the system. Recount after recount of Florida's votes all turned up the same results as the original count. The state went to Bush along with its EC votes and the total then gave Bush the higher EC vote count.

If you really want to talk disenfranchisement, almost 90% of any election map is red, but the dense urban blue areas can mostly outvote it. I don't see you complaining about it. It's the EC system.

As to the yelling. I did not say that the right wasn't angry, but hey, after 8 years of angry leftists screaming chimpybu#ler mchalliburton every chance they got about everything, with the bushiulter posters everywhere, and the burning bushes, and everything else ... maybe some people felt like it was something they were a bit entitled to do. If you didn't sit down and shut up, why should they? You know?

And there is no way the hatred was worse. You only think so because it was aimed at your side for once. Something seems far less hateful if you essentially agree with it in principle. You introduced us to the game and people stepped up to the plate. You don't then get to step back and demand they take the high road just so you don't have to take what was dished coming back at you.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: ketsuko

Because I will be perfectly honest, I was caught off guard at the level of vitriol 2000 produced when Bush was elected over Gore, and it has continued unabated ... only intensified infact after Obama got elected. I expected the left to rub it in good and then go on with life, but they've gotten even worse. It's like the power of the Dark Side ...

It's like you come from some alternate universe.

Bush wasn't elected over Gore — the election was essentially stolen in Florida. I find it odd that a lot of conservatives are so disillusioned by the lack of direct democracy in the primary system but ignore the fact that not only were the Florida electoral votes stolen, Gore won the popular vote by half a million.

Then you glibly prattle about vitriol from the "Left" after the 2008 election when just about everyone except American conservatives could clearly see the right-wing freak out following the election of a black man with an Arab middle name.

Kenyan! Muslim! Probable homosexual! Muslim Brotherhood plant! Hates whites! Hates Christians! Hates America! Communist! Wants to Destroy America! Didn't really attend college!

That's just the garbage that was coming from the right-wing media. The unabashed hatred spewed by the right-wing masses was even worse.

You can claim the right spits out hate but that doesn't even come close to the hatred of the left. I seem to recall someone had their finger bit off during the last election and a psychotic left carved Mc'Cain on Her forehead.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

The popular vote is not the electoral vote. It is possible to lose one and not the other, but that's the system. Recount after recount of Florida's votes all turned up the same results as the original count. The state went to Bush along with its EC votes and the total then gave Bush the higher EC vote count.

What about what I said could possibly be construed to indicate that I'm unaware of how presidential elections are conducted? You've conveniently glossed over the whole recount debacle — the roles of Jeb Bush, Katherine Harris, the GOP controlled Florida legislature, the Florida Supreme Court and Scalia's GOP-stacked SCOTUS which voted 5-4 to uphold the stay of recounts.

That election was stolen.

If you really want to talk disenfranchisement, almost 90% of any election map is red, but the dense urban blue areas can mostly outvote it. I don't see you complaining about it. It's the EC system.

Can dirt be disenfranchised? That's news to me.

As to the yelling. I did not say that the right wasn't angry, but hey, after 8 years of angry leftists screaming chimpybu#ler mchalliburton every chance they got about everything, with the bushiulter posters everywhere, and the burning bushes, and everything else ... maybe some people felt like it was something they were a bit entitled to do. If you didn't sit down and shut up, why should they? You know?

The Bush Administration led us into two unpopular wars, one of which was sold on a baldfaced lie. VP Dick Cheney was the former CEO of Halliburton which subsequently profited to the tune of tens of a billions of dollars from no-bid contracts. The explosion of vitriol against Obama started before he even took office and it was orders of magnitude greater than anything faced by Bush even well into his presidency.

And there is no way the hatred was worse. You only think so because it was aimed at your side for once. Something seems far less hateful if you essentially agree with it in principle. You introduced us to the game and people stepped up to the plate. You don't then get to step back and demand they take the high road just so you don't have to take what was dished coming back at you.

Again, completely out of touch with reality.

"angry leftists screaming chimpybu#ler mchalliburton every chance they got about everything"

Why don't you point to ONE example of the news media — even a pundit in a TV appearance — or politicians using the words "Chimpy McHalliburton" or "Bu#ler?" How are these even comparable? People invent stupid nicknames for Presidents all the time (Obummer, Obomba or how about Slick Willie, Bubba for Clinton?) and there's nothing comparable from the Bush years to birtherism or allegations of being a Muslim Brotherhood Manchurian candidate let alone promotion by media and politicians.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Cruz appeals to the GOP voter base is very limited and doesn't extend to the large Urban Centers. This is why Cruz will likely deny Trump the majority of delegates without overtaking him. Cruz is the Thomas E Dewey of his day. Like Dewey Cruz has no real electoral appeal and excels at ranting on about topics of interest only to his core supporter base. Trump will win New York by a Comfortable margin. If it will be a contested Convention I will be stocking up on popcorn.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So you'd rather Trump supporters rally around Cruz instead of just have Trunp win?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Here let me help you out. This is why Ted Cruz is doing poorly in New York other than the fact that Donald Trump is a born and bred New Yorker:

I don't particularly like Ted Cruz. i think he is a lot things that I really dislike, but I am not going to go along with painting him as anti-semitic because of his statements. That's ridiculous. I certainly hope Trump or his supporters do not try and use this, because that would be hypocritical after railing against the media lies against them over the past months.

Well, no one is gonna defend him on it.
Besides his own campaign, that is.

He owns that and he will just make it worse by trying to explain how he was just pandering to Iowa and didn't mean it.

hillary has been forgotten already. Carpetbagger as she is.
She did nothing for NY.

I think bernie will split with her.

Ted will get smoked, he is in 3rd place.

I saw geraldo on O'reilly and had to laugh.
I don't think NY liked what WI did to Trump. lol.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Oh come off it, Cruz (if he gets the nomination) would be the most right-wing dingbat of a GOP nominee since Goldwater. Plus he's a religious lunatic. Not even Goldwater would touch Cruz with a 40-foot bargepole.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Er ... Fox News Channel takes its cues from the DNC?

Wow. Just ... wow.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

So you'd rather Trump supporters rally around Cruz instead of just have Trunp win?

I would like Trump to win the nomination because i think his policies are more in line with what is needed, and he has shown that he can identify areas no-one else is raising that turn out to be spot on.

However, I do think Trump supporters should rally around Cruz if he wins - the alternative is Clinton, which would be a worldwide disaster. I am also not going to jump on the band wagon of calling Cruz Anti-Semitic. That's just a MSM lie, not what he actually said.
edit on 9/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I would like Trump to win the nomination because i think his policies are more in line with what is needed, and he has shown that he can identify areas no-one else is raising that turn out to be spot on.

However, I do think Trump supporters should rally around Cruz if he wins - the alternative is Clinton, which would be a worldwide disaster. I am also not going to jump on the band wagon of calling Cruz Anti-Semitic. That's just a MSM lie, not what he actually said.

Aren't you a resident of the UK?

You certainly seem very ... invested ... in American politics.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

For sure - the POTUS decision has a very big bearing on the UK (the 51st state of the Union) and the rest of the world. It's a selection of the leader of the free world, not just someone to reside over internal US affairs.

Also interested in politics generally and the US election cycle is by far the most interesting (and intricate).

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

For sure - the POTUS decision has a very big bearing on the UK (the 51st state of the Union) and the rest of the world. It's a selection of the leader of the free world, not just someone to reside over internal US affairs.

Also interested in politics generally and the US election cycle is by far the most interesting (and intricate).

Ah, thanks for your answer. You just seem VERY interested ... far more than the average Brit.

I don't think many of your countrymen and women would agree with you that Mrs. Clinton is a greater global danger than Mr. Trump, however. You must be a hoot at the office water-cooler.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I'm British and my wife's American. I'm also very interested in US politics.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Because I will be perfectly honest, I was caught off guard at the level of vitriol 2000 produced when Bush was elected over Gore, and it has continued unabated ... only intensified infact after Obama got elected. I expected the left to rub it in good and then go on with life, but they've gotten even worse. It's like the power of the Dark Side ...
It's like you come from some alternate universe.

Bush wasn't elected over Gore — the election was essentially stolen in Florida. I find it odd that a lot of conservatives are so disillusioned by the lack of direct democracy in the primary system but ignore the fact that not only were the Florida electoral votes stolen, Gore won the popular vote by half a million. Then you glibly prattle about vitriol from the "Left" after the 2008 election when just about everyone except American conservatives could clearly see the right-wing freak out following the election of a black man with an Arab middle name.

Kenyan! Muslim! Probable homosexual! Muslim Brotherhood plant! Hates whites! Hates Christians! Hates America! Communist! Wants to Destroy America! Didn't really attend college!

That's just the garbage that was coming from the right-wing media. The unabashed hatred spewed by the right-wing masses was even worse.

No, that garbage came directly from Obama himself. He is ALL of those things, and has done all those things. He is still proving each of those things every day. Everyone knows it, even his supporters. Only the most naive and gullible few might try and deny this.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

I'm British and my wife's American. I'm also very interested in US politics.

Oh fair enough! I'm interested in UK politics as well ... nothing wrong with it.

I've just never seen as strong an advocate for an American politician as UKTruth routinely is for Mr. Trump.

Would you say that the British public at large favors Mr. Trump over Mrs. Clinton, as UKTruth seems to?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Ah, thanks for your answer. You just seem VERY interested ... far more than the average Brit.

I don't think many of your countrymen and women would agree with you that Mrs. Clinton is a greater global danger than Mr. Trump, however. You must be a hoot at the office water-cooler.

Actually the slight majority of UK citizens believe Trump talks a lot of sense - which was shown in a recent poll of some 40,000 citizens. Clinton is not well liked. Remember that US foreign policy decisions have a major and direct impact on us. We see what the Clinton's and Bush's have done, the effect on the middle east and the subsequent effect on our shores.

Yes I would say I am VERY interested and like most, invested, in the outcome of the US presidential race.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

... and yet, 583,544 of your fellow citizens signed an online petition asking Parliament to block Trump from even entering the UK ... Petitions: UK Government and Parliament

/shrug ... politics, huh?

Thanks for the info and your kind indulgence.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

??????????????
Can you provide a cite for that poll please?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

... and yet, 583,544 of your fellow citizens signed an online petition asking Parliament to block Trump from even entering the UK ... Petitions: UK Government and Parliament

/shrug ... politics, huh?

Thanks for the info and your kind indulgence.

200,000 also signed a petition for a referee to be banned from football matches because they didn't agree with his decisions.
Means very little.
edit on 9/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4 >>

join