It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis Urges More Acceptance of Homosexuals, Non-Traditional Families

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
source

More realistic ideas from a Pope I believe to be more in touch with the modern world in a church that has shunned and lost followers exponentially.

Pope Francis on Friday urged priests around the world to be more accepting of gay men and lesbians, divorced Catholics, and other people living in what the church considers "irregular" situations.

The statements are part of his 260 page "On Love in the Family".

"A pastor cannot feel that it is enough simply to apply moral laws ... as if they were stones to throw at people's lives," Francis writes

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Those bastards have been bumming each other since the inception of the faith. And quite a few wee quire/alter boys and other parishioners who probably did not wish to participate!

Glad they seem to have come to there senses, stopped hiding in the closet and are finally entertaining the notion that people and people.

edit on 8-4-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Only because he realises that all of the people who join the priesthood are gay.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Only because he realises that all of the people who join the priesthood are gay.

Your right he hasn't done anything else to show his empathy.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I'm still waiting for him to admit that they made god/christianity up from a slew of cultural sources. Then i'll support him.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

ALL? really?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Right.

That is exactly what Aquinas and Anselm did.

Why does he need you support.

Do you judge everybody this way?

I am an agnostic atheist who considers pantheism and diesm is that OK with you?

Or do I need to be a hard atheist or anti theist to be cool?

edit on 8-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Francis proves he's an NWO shill at every opportunity.

Perverting sexuality and destroying traditional families are major parts of the global humanist agenda, which the "Vicar of Christ" (lol) is doing a fantastic job of implementing.

When they want you to be completely dependent on the state, destroying the family is at the top of their "to do" list.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Perverting sexuality and destroying traditional families are major parts of the global humanist agenda, which the "Vicar of Christ" (lol) is doing a fantastic job of implementing.

When they want you to be completely dependent on the state, destroying the family is at the top of their "to do" list.

Im willing to bet that its only 2 men together than you are against. Something tells me if you saw 2 gorgeous girls getting it on, you would be fine with that

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Right cause heterosexuals marriages were doing fantastic before this globalist agenda.

Turn off the Alex Jones. Go tend to your crisis garden and colotial silver.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Nth, why do you feel the need to hide behind a blank avatar?

I've heard this tripe for years. LGBTQ is not a perversion human sexuality. It just doesn't have the "holier than thou" churches seal of approval. Just because something is traditional, doesn't make it right. See the bible for plenty of traditions that aren't right.

Now that last sentence we might have some amount of agreement on. But it isn't necessary to destroy the family to accomplish it. In fact, keeping the family unit intact would honestly be more to their advantage. Imho.
edit on 4/8/2016 by Klassified because: edit

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Nothing but childish insults, as expected.

Keep up the good work, guys. I leave you to your echo chamber circle jerk.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I hold no Catholic beliefs other than they have some good philosophers and were responsible for a couple breakthrough scientific discoveries (big bang, genetics Laimatre, Mendel)

But seriously there is finally a guy who has a message of peace and is damping down ancient religious dogma and he is still attacked.

It reminds of Ron PAul getting booed in a Republican debate for suggesting we should use foreign policy that follows the golden rule. Boooooo

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Hey right back at you. Guess you can't take what you dish.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I hold no Catholic beliefs other than they have some good philosophers and were responsible for a couple breakthrough scientific discoveries (big bang, genetics Laimatre, Mendel)

But seriously there is finally a guy who has a message of peace and is damping down ancient religious dogma and he is still attacked.

It reminds of Ron PAul getting booed in a Republican debate for suggesting we should use foreign policy that follows the golden rule. Boooooo

The funny thing is, all he said was "more accepting". Kind of like Jesus ate at the same table as the undesirables of society. Sounds like the pope is following Jesus example. He didn't say he approved of their lifestyle.

Lol. Yes. "God" forbid we should keep our noses out of other countries business, and tend to our own.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Exactly. Acceptance is all anybody should expect as well. You will have the far left say it's not enough. Well we can all still have differences. We don't have to promote everybodies beliefs. Just accept there are more out there than your own and they have a right to have the space to believe whatever they want as long as it doesn't infringe on someone else's beliefs.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Another good quote

Single women get pregnant, and need the support of those around them, he wrote. Children sometimes need punishment — and, he notably added — sex education. Gays and lesbians deserve protection from “unjust discrimination.” And while he clearly upholds his church’s teachings of marriage as only between a man and woman, he notes that unconventional unions do indeed form. And they are not, he writes, without their constructive elements 
edit on 8-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Nothing but childish insults, as expected.

Keep up the good work, guys. I leave you to your echo chamber circle jerk.

So, you have nothing to add? Just telling us we are doing a bad job? Cheers!

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Not opposed to this in the least. We really need to grow up.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Here come the members that hide their bigotry behind a thin veil of "this is going to help the NWO to implement their anti-family agenda". Like somehow every gay person is part of some vast conspiracy of once we accept LGBTQ there goes the proverbial neighborhood.

*sigh*

I don't always agree with the Catholic Church, but when I do, I usually agree with Pope Francis.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join