It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis Urges More Acceptance of Homosexuals, Non-Traditional Families

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yet not realistic enough to let women be priests.

What do you suppose the outcome would be if a trangendered female (identifying as male) looked inward to Spirit and wanted to become a priest?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Yet not realistic enough to let women be priests.

What do you suppose the outcome would be if a trangendered female (identifying as male) looked inward to Spirit and wanted to become a priest?

Baby steps. Just recognize progress. Nobody forces anyone to be Catholic. Likewise it's not your job to force a Catholic to your beliefs.

Unless you are Catholic. Then by all means help reform.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Pope Francis on Friday urged priests around the world to be more accepting of gay men and lesbians, divorced Catholics, and other people living in what the church considers "irregular" situations.

Unless Pope Francis has somehow changed church doctrine, this announcement is just lip service. The church doctrine still rejects these people from the inner sanctum of their masses and rituals.

What Pope Francis is asking for from the church leaders is to be a little less obvious in their judgmental displays of disdain, while the priesthood consistently marches against equality and human rights.

edit on 8-4-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Francis proves he's an NWO shill at every opportunity.

Perverting sexuality and destroying traditional families are major parts of the global humanist agenda, which the "Vicar of Christ" (lol) is doing a fantastic job of implementing.

When they want you to be completely dependent on the state, destroying the family is at the top of their "to do" list.

LOL...how does acceptance of homosexuals and non-traditional families destroy families? That's as bizarre as the people who feel their marriages are threatened because of gay marriage.

I don't get it - are the women worried that their secretly gay husbands will finally leave them?

And when parents don't kick their children out of the house as soon as legally possible because they're gay, how does that make people more dependent on the state?

Do you even have one tiny snippet of logic to counteract the plethora of obvious nonsense inherent to your bizarre belief?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Dbl post
edit on 4/8/2016 by dogstar23 because: Dbl post

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Pope Francis on Friday urged priests around the world to be more accepting of gay men and lesbians, divorced Catholics, and other people living in what the church considers "irregular" situations.

Unless Pope Francis has somehow changed church doctrine, this announcement is just lip service. The church doctrine still rejects these people from the inner sanctum of their masses and rituals.

What Pope Francis is asking for from the church leaders is to be a little less obvious in their judgmental displays of disdain, while the priesthood consistently marches against equality and human rights.

Not really no.

What he has done is written a formal letter encouraging clergy to heed his advice. It's also a public statement of faith.

He is giving permission to priests who feel the same to do as they feel.

He can't just change the whole churches structure it doesn't work that way.

The hardliners are already very pissed within the church. I will be surprised if he doesn't have a "heart attack" soon.
edit on 8-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Good to see that the man who is supposed to be god's deacon on earth say some compassionate words, now let the sheep fight over whatever he says.

Me thinks jesus would be happy by what pope francis said.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
We all know the media loves to spin information to suit their agenda. Is that not why we're all here? So, even more so with the Pope. Everyone wants to have the Pope in their corner, be they Catholic or not.

To rely on secular media to get something without spin on Pope Francis is not the smartest choice.

As for the article itself, I think this is a good Cliff's Notes version of what was said. The document itself is over 260 pages.

For news without spin regarding the Pope, I recommend this site.

Take it or leave it.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

What he has done is written a formal letter encouraging clergy to heed his advice.

Right. So church doctrine still stands, but......now priests can use their own discretion on how and when to annul or otherwise provide a pathway to reenter the good graces of the church.....on an individual basis. In other words, donate $$X to their youth project and receive the Eucharist. Viola! Tolerance and inclusions.

Unless, of course, you're gay.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

But you didn't answer my question. I was raised Catholic.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Nobody is forcing gays to be Catholic. The fact that he came out and scolded a type of attitude is significant. He is saying gay people deserve to be treated with dignity and injustices apon them is what amounts to a sin.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

OK.

I don't have an answer nor do I think it's relevant. If they don't accept me because I am remarried or gay who cares. I don't need the world to affirm everything I believe and am. I just need them to not get in my way and pwrsuit of happiness.

The guy saying treat all people gay included with dignity is a big step. Try and find Baptists doing that.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Nobody is forcing gays to be Catholic. The fact that he came out and scolded a type of attitude is significant.

That's not fair nor is it the point. The church is trying to stop the hemorrhaging of people leaving in droves because of their unbending doctrine and dogma.

The Catholic church's doctrine and dogma doesn't just affect a gay person, it affects their families and loved ones. Being taught that your gay son/daughter or your brother/sister is not only removed from the grace of God that your Church supposedly dispenses, but is also doomed to hell because of who he/she loves, is more damaging than being told that it's you that's doomed. At least you can do something about your own Christian life, but there's nothing you can do to change someone else.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Maybe you haven't read through his comments.

And buck up man. Be proud of who you are.
You will never get everybody to love you. It's a tough world out there. Be glad the guy is saying gays deserve dignity. Be glad he is saying they deserve justice.

Seriously baby steps. ..

Can't live your life making people think what you think.

It sucks if your parents think kids are going to hell. This guy isn't saying that. He just hasn't come out and said I will marry gay couples. He is directing the acceptance of alternative lifestyles. It's a baby step.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Right way for the pope, lauded by both conservatives in their websites who claim the victory is theirs, and liberals who see it as a step forward.

However, to reach that moment of inconclusive truths, he spent nearly all of hsi 3 year pontificate and 2 Synods that saw medieval struggle between prelates for wordings. "Did Jesus do that and that, or Didn't Jesus do"...Let then go back to the roots and see what EXACTLY did Jesus in all gospels, not only the canonical ones.

The pope has but a short time. He should know it better than everyone else. What happens when he dies? With little reform within structures, and few new cardinals, the next election after Francis retires or dies, seems to differ little from the elections in 2005 and 2013. Isn't it better to pour efforts on that issue, if others cannot be moved with a finger now (including the issue of extraterrestrials that the pope barely mentioned twice). New people are needed, with fresh minds, not from the current structure. The canon law allows cardinals to be non-consecrated people as well. Why not to use to maximum what the current canon law gives as options, before moving to change it altogether later in 21st century. Pope Francis admitted that neither the Church structure nor the canon law find their foundations in the Gospel words of Jesus. Then...what has been waited for already 3 years, after 8 years waiting during pope Benedict's pontificate? Too much burden is left over the next to come, Petrus N...I don't know who or how he will endure it, but the Church structure may not endure it meanwhile. African bishops announce proudly they will not move an inch from the current doctrine (that is not a dogma). If the pope is not bold enough now, it may well be the last pope in the list. There are other things not usually discussed, but that the pope and his circle know perfectly of, such as ancient books not only Biblical, and dating of future events.
edit on 9-4-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It is doctrine but it is NOT A DOGMA. Dogmas are few teachings of the nature of the Son of God, defined in early Councils. Most of what we see it today as Church structure, teaching, and practice, has little to nothing to do with the Dogmas, rather with the canon laws and other rules that changed dramatically in centuries. Some popes are known to have children, some of them cardinals (as Cesare Borgia son of pope Alexander 6th, whose image was painted as the image of Jesus). SOome of the popes were openly homosexual, as the young Benedict 9th, who was elected 3 times as pope, and 3 times resigned or was expelled at last. Excommunicated after his last ousting by German troops sent to clear the Lateran palace, he finally died in peace with the Church. Examples like that show both today's Church is on much higher moral and intelligent level, and also that no one is insured of such things to occur, not even popes. It also raises questions of homosexuality among the clergy, as it is a public secret and practice by not few of them. Including popes in history. So why the double standard then.

It is a time to be opened books very well known to Vatican, that speak not only of the marriage of Jesus Christ but also of his male friends.

From the canonical gospel, we read: At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven."
As I say more in other posts, that would mean in a modern reread of words: the extraterrestrial angels who live beyond earth on other planets, do not necessarily have your kind of family bonds, but you have to grow up to reach that level at the resurrection....

I understand the pope cannot propose more radical reform in the morals. But I do not understand why he waits with other parts of his reform. The least of the least is, he could appoint fresh cardinals not part of the system, who will guarantee the succession of that reform after he is gone one way or another. Unless time factor and cataclysmic future is taken into account and is being decided there is no point of such reform. But then, we ar e just given pieces of change, while the Vatican buys time. I hope that is not the case. Hundreds new LAY cardinals educated and open minded, that would be of a good help to existing bishops, appears to be one of the few possible actions in the frames of the current church rules. I don't want to speak anymore of disintegration and destruction envisioned in prophecies.

edit on 9-4-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

You will never get everybody to love you. It's a tough world out there. Be glad the guy is saying gays deserve dignity. Be glad he is saying they deserve justice.

Seriously baby steps. ..

It sucks if your parents think kids are going to hell. This guy isn't saying that. He just hasn't come out and said I will marry gay couples. He is directing the acceptance of alternative lifestyles. It's a baby step.

Do you understand that Catholic doctrine states that only good standing Catholics will be accepted in heaven? The Pope can candy coat it all he wants, but he hasn't changed a thing.

The Pope Still Thinks Sexually-Active Gay People Are Going to Hell

"We declare, say, define, and pronounce that it is absolutely necessary for the salvation of every human creature to be subject to the Roman Pontiff."
en.wikipedia.org...

Sure, be nice to these people, he says. But, it's just lip service because they will always remain on the outside of the church's acceptance, and are still hell bound.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: luthier

Seriously baby steps. ..

Do you understand that Catholic doctrine states that only good standing Catholics will be accepted in heaven? The Pope can candy coat it all he wants, but he hasn't changed a thing.

The Pope Still Thinks Sexually-Active Gay People Are Going to Hell

"We declare, say, define, and pronounce that it is absolutely necessary for the salvation of every human creature to be subject to the Roman Pontiff."
en.wikipedia.org...

Sure, be nice to these people, he says. But, it's just lip service because they will always remain on the outside of the church's acceptance, and are still hell bound.

Only if you believe such nonsense. Thats a choice.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join