It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a problem...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
A Young Turks Reporter seems to have found a Donald Trump supporter to speak to. This woman has a lot to say. But is there any actual information in what she says?

Reminds me of this:

Life imitates art.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

loved the bit where she said " common sense is important i cant explain it but he has common sense"

Well shows how much common sense she has if she cant explain it.

to be honest she is obviously not a very clued up American, im sure there are smarter people that follow him, be good to here their views.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

You can do these sort of set ups with most members of most country's populations.

People are generally thick.

I'm not a Trump supporter - I'm English - I'm against easy set ups like this. The real problem is not the population, it's the rubbish the media feeds them which manipulates their brains.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Reminds me of a lot of the same kinds of things we saw from Obama supporters when he was running.

Face it. The voting base is stupid no matter whom they support and you are going to find sterling examples of that all over the place.

Most people couldn't tell you who sits in the Supreme Court or who their own Senators are, but they'd know who all the Dancing with the Stars contestants are.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

That woman has actually gone to several of his rallies. They are like cult followers.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Is it really a problem that this florist is politically inarticulate? Why?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial

I know, right?

I think some of ATS are mad the MSM doesn't call them to be on the sunday morning shows for expert analysis and commentary.

Amazing how CNN and Fox just ignores us.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

The underlying problem with democracy.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Is it a problem that a citizen will vote for someone to be president because he builds pretty buildings and kick-ass golf courses?

Do you think a society that is increasingly becoming an idiocracy is a problem? I think it is.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
She parrots the same deflective and vague nonsense as the Trumpster trumpets.
What were we talking about?.
We need more hotels?.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Trump should get with that DeLorean guy, and create a brand new american made automobile.

That would fix everything....

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I think that the attraction of Donald Trump AND Bernie Sanders all boils down to portions of the electorate that are angry. They are both angry at the status quo.
One group wants more free stuff, the rainbow of Skittles flying out of unicorn's ass crowd.

The other group doesn't want free stuff handed out and want more and better jobs, the build a wall and tariffs crowd.

Neither candidate has good answers on how to make their plan work.

In the end, the status quo will prevail. The elite R's and D's will retain their stranglehold and nothing will change.

If we went to the only other option for acting on our grievances, demonstrating against TPTB, I will guarantee you that they will shoot us.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

One group wants more free stuff, the rainbow of Skittles flying out of unicorn's ass crowd.

I really don't think that's a fair assessment. I am a Bernie supporter, and I know and have spoken online with many Bernie supporters. Free stuff is the last thing on their list of why they support him (if it's on the list at all). The number one reason most people support Bernie is his goal of getting rid of corruption in Congress, and his consistent history of trying to do that for as long as he's been in Congress. As just one guy in Congress, he never had a lot of power, but as POTUS, he'll have more avenues and opportunity. The number two reason people support him is his fighting for people who are getting trampled by the 1%, but that's really all part of the bigger problem of corruption in this country.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I really don't think that's a fair assessment. I am a Bernie supporter, and I know and have spoken online with many Bernie supporters. Free stuff is the last thing on their list of why they support him (if it's on the list at all). The number one reason most people support Bernie is his goal of getting rid of corruption in Congress, and his consistent history of trying to do that for as long as he's been in Congress. As just one guy in Congress, he never had a lot of power, but as POTUS, he'll have more avenues and opportunity. The number two reason people support him is his fighting for people who are getting trampled by the 1%, but that's really all part of the bigger problem of corruption in this country.

Fine.
That segment is still angry with the status quo.

Now....
What is Bernie's plan to change the status quo?
What will he do to convince those in Congress to cut their own throats?

Does he have an answer to that?

And there is a 'give me my free stuff' contingent, even if you want to blow it off as non-existent. Why does he use the free health care lines in his speeches?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

The number one reason most people support Bernie is his goal of getting rid of corruption in Congress

great pipe dream.

Corruption will never be gotten rid off. On any level. As long as you work for a pay and need money to buy stuff...so long the corruption will flourish.
edit on 7-4-2016 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Now....
What is Bernie's plan to change the status quo?
What will he do to convince those in Congress to cut their own throats?
Does he have an answer to that?

That is where we all have to do our part and vote out the corrupt in Congress. I can't tell you how many times I have asked friends and family members why they continue voting for the same guy to be their representative in Congress, despite their unhappiness with him. Their answer? "It's the name we recognize on the ballot. Better to go with the devil you know than the devil you don't know." Such a stupid answer.

Bernie's answer is for us to do our due diligence as voting citizens. Do the research on the candidates. What's their history - how have they voted in the past. From whom have they gotten contributions. Go to townhall meetings. Ask the tough questions. Spend the time and the energy to find the most uncorrupted candidate and vote for them. For the ones who are in office now? Let them know loud and clear that if they won't work with Bernie, we will vote them OUT.

And there is a 'give me my free stuff' contingent, even if you want to blow it off as non-existent. Why does he use the free health care lines in his speeches?

People who want a national health care system aren't looking for "free stuff". They want everyone to have access to life-saving medical care without having to go bankrupt to do it. They know that it won't be "free". Everyone pays into the system, and everyone gets the advantages. It works in all other civilized countries.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

I am not corrupt. Bernie Sanders is not corrupt. It is possible to live your life in society without being corrupt. You will never get rid of the urge for some to work the system, but you can make it very difficult for them to do so.

The other option is to allow or encourage corruption. Is that your solution?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I think it's silly that the woman in the video would vote for Trump because of his properties, but I have no problem with it. Really, it's democracy in action: she shows up to rallies, she is using her vote how she best sees fit, and she has a good attitude mostly. Admittedly, I have a laissez-faire disposition when it comes to politics. This is my two cents and I say this to clarify my position. (I don't have much invested in persuading you to see it my way.)

It's more of a problem to me that the Young Turks, in their not-so-rigorous quest for the truth, produced yet another clip to play into the divisive stereotype that the "other side" is made up of nothing but dopes and savages.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

That is where we all have to do our part and vote out the corrupt in Congress.

I think you will agree that is unlikely to happen this year.
So, if Bernie were to be elected, his chances of implementing his plans in reality are just about zero.

For the ones who are in office now? Let them know loud and clear that if they won't work with Bernie, we will vote them OUT.

And there comes the difficult part.
I am not saying that we don't need to get those guys out of Congress, I am saying that it is pretty much impossible. They do have a stranglehold on power. Watch some Independent, Libertarian or Green Party candidate sometime. It isn't that there aren't any, they just don't go anywhere. Many can't even get on the ballot in a lot of districts because of stumbling blocks put there by the R's and the D's. They work together to keep everyone else out as much as they can.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
You mean aside from the fact the popular vote really doesn't mean anything at all anyway?.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join